Forums
Posted By: maximini Join the revival - 7th May 2008 6:01pm
hi guys just gaugein interest as i was talkin to cali an joe i think lol about this at liquid cars.
THINK WE ALL WANT THE SAME THING! TO BRING BACK THE GOOD OLD DAYS!!
an lets be honest its wot you make of it yourself.
so we need your suport when it comes to shows and events to get the cruisewirral name out there once agen. And for that we need a good club stand.
JUST AN IDEA BUT....
if mark still has the club stand tents for sale would anybody be interested in clubbing together to buy these for future events e.g. usc
Posted By: jonah Re: Join the revival - 7th May 2008 6:43pm
would mark not wanna still be involved in a club stand ?
Posted By: maximini Re: Join the revival - 7th May 2008 6:50pm
supose he would but i know he needed to sell the tents to make room, and they are brill for what we need as many a show has shown
Posted By: jonah Re: Join the revival - 7th May 2008 6:52pm
tis agood idea matey, think i could be persuaded...
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Join the revival - 8th May 2008 1:25pm
With the greatest respect to mark, i'm sure he is tied up with more important things than show stands.

Again no disrespect to other members who i'm sure have more to life than CW/Autowirral.

But if we pull together anything is possible, it was the members that made CW stand out from the crowd so why break the tradition.

Admin have the contacts and i'm sure if we asked we could get some help but like i said mark has a lot more forums to contend with now.

So, us the members, together we can be a force to be reconded with, let us unite, stand tall, be counted and do it for for ourselves.

peace out smile
Posted By: Pomp Re: Join the revival - 8th May 2008 1:41pm
This kind of reminds me of a movie where they was once big but then things start'd going down hill,
suddently there were talks and they all re-united! gettin in touch with the old crew, contacts
and made things big again!...

Some one quickly get in touch with a movie maker..
We can have the "Based on a true story"
Posted By: Mark Re: Join the revival - 8th May 2008 8:45pm
The Show tents are going because they haven't been used in 2 years.
They cost £240 + the rest. So i may as well try and get some money back, and i'm really stuck for space.

Either way, i'm asking £100 for all 3 show tents.

I / we / who ever spent a hell of alot of time getting the
shows off the ground, and if we take the Nationals for example
i pretty much was cookie for the whole weekend and often said
i wish i could come to this as a guest and not an organiser.

But i done it, as i enjoyed it, now free time is difficult.
So its upto you guys if you want them?
They will be going on ebay soon.
As its the time of year to SHOW TENT wink

Click Me - Show Tents For Sale
Posted By: maximini Re: Join the revival - 8th May 2008 8:56pm
thanks mark hopfuly we can get a few of us to club in to buy these.
mark man you should come though you know you love it put your feet up an ill bring me little stove so atleast us to will be ok 4 munch lol
ill even cook 4 u
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Join the revival - 8th May 2008 9:21pm
That what we like to see mark, still willing to take part.

you have served your time and now us younger ( smile ) members can take the training wheels off and go it alone
Posted By: Mark Re: Join the revival - 8th May 2008 10:15pm
lol

I'm not OLD i'm BUSY lol
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Join the revival - 8th May 2008 10:16pm
Yer busy being old, LOL

Guess what springs to mind

[Linked Image]

raftl raftl raftl
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Join the revival - 9th May 2008 8:24am
...so whos going to front the revival?

Years ago, it was our Jay.... He had the time to sort things out, the enthusiasm and contacts to get things done and the car to attract a crowd.

I feel if you want to get things off the ground again, you need someone with the time to spare to run round, and arrange things, pretty much everyone has full time jobs, and to get CW back to how it was in The good old days I think you need someone who can look after it full time.... think
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Join the revival - 9th May 2008 9:11am
Originally Posted by StuyMac
I feel if you want to get things off the ground again, you need someone with the time to spare to run round, and arrange things, pretty much everyone has full time jobs, and to get CW back to how it was in The good old days I think you need someone who can look after it full time.... think

withthat
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Join the revival - 9th May 2008 4:11pm
Well i work nights and am free most days.

For a price LOL
Posted By: maximini Re: Join the revival - 9th May 2008 5:32pm
well we do it 2gether instead of relyin on one individual
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: Join the revival - 9th May 2008 5:42pm
Originally Posted by maximini
well we do it 2gether instead of relyin on one individual

withthat happy
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Join the revival - 9th May 2008 6:32pm
That is the one factor where anything on this site seems to fail, people working as a team to achieve something.

If it is one person who decides to do something, usually Mark, most of the time, it's a sucess.

It's when people get enthusiasm to do something as a team, and gradually, that enthusiasm dies off or people become too busy with other things, etc, that things fail. Also, once money is bought into the equasion, people also tend to go quiet and quietly become uninvolved.

I think it is a great idea, but actually doing it is another thing altogether.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Join the revival - 9th May 2008 9:03pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
That is the one factor where anything on this site seems to fail, people working as a team to achieve something.

If it is one person who decides to do something, usually Mark, most of the time, it's a sucess.

It's when people get enthusiasm to do something as a team, and gradually, that enthusiasm dies off or people become too busy with other things, etc, that things fail. Also, once money is bought into the equasion, people also tend to go quiet and quietly become uninvolved.

Women are a big problem ain't they matty ????!!!!?????

I see what your saying.

Richie, the idea with the tents im up for it, i havent got £100 to spend on tents, but if say 3 people split it and keep a tent each we should be able to make so it at least one can go to each event we attend.
Posted By: Mark Re: Join the revival - 9th May 2008 9:46pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC

< fiver in the post > wink
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Join the revival - 10th May 2008 12:44am
Originally Posted by StuyMac
...so whos going to front the revival?

Years ago, it was our Jay.... He had the time to sort things out, the enthusiasm and contacts to get things done and the car to attract a crowd.

You offering ????
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Join the revival - 10th May 2008 4:18pm
Wouldnt have thought so - not got the time raftl
Posted By: R33_GTR Re: Join the revival - 11th May 2008 10:34pm
I'll give ya a tenner richie (You know who I am, did ya sleep on da chair lol)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral