Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Norwich Union To Be Disbanded - 29th Apr 2008 1:55pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
Insurer Aviva says it will ditch the 200-year-old Norwich Union brand as it seeks a single identity to compete in international markets.

The firm says that over 60% of the group's business is now generated outside the UK and operating under the Aviva name would bring "global impact".

Norwich Union was formed in Norwich in 1797 and was the first company to offer insurance against the risk of fire.

The transition to the Aviva name will take two years to complete.

Irish insurer Hibernian and Commercial Union Poland will also be rebranded under the Aviva name.

"By investing in a single name, we will amplify the global impact of our advertising and sponsorship spend," said chief executive Andrew Moss.

Will be glad to see the back of this annoying brand, have they ever actually "quoted anyone happy", and I mean people who have shopped around with various insurers??

They have always wanted stupid money for everyone I know of...

However, I believe it is a dangerous move by Aviva to "delete" a brand that is so prominent in the UK, it must be the most know insurance brand surely??

BBC News Report
Posted By: AL Re: Norwich Union To Be Disbanded - 29th Apr 2008 2:07pm
quoted me happy!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Norwich Union To Be Disbanded - 29th Apr 2008 3:25pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
have they ever actually "quoted anyone happy",

They have always wanted stupid money for everyone I know of...

However, I believe it is a dangerous move by Aviva to "delete" a brand that is so prominent in the UK, it must be the most know insurance brand surely??

withthat
© Wirral-Wikiwirral