Forums
Posted By: Petei123 Removing Tape Play from MK6 Polo - 1st Apr 2008 2:06pm
this may make me sound stupid but anyway....

i only have a crappy tape player in my polo and have a cd player i wanna swap it 4. i went 2 halfrauds b4 and got the correct keys 2 remove the tape player. now when i put the keys in and go 2 pull back on the clips the keys just get stuck and its a bit of a wiggle 2 get them back outta the holes.

has something inside snapped like the clips?

ive asked on the clubpolo webiste aswel and to be honest theyre all as thick as pig shit and come back with replys such as - dunno mate cant help u sorry etc etc.

thanks
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Removing Tape Play from MK6 Polo - 1st Apr 2008 2:14pm
If you have the right keys its just down to using the right knack to get the catches just right. If its been in there for a while its going to be a pig to get out.

...you could park it in a rough area - Im sure it will get removed for you raftl
Posted By: Petei123 Re: Removing Tape Play from MK6 Polo - 1st Apr 2008 2:22pm
haha, dont reli wanna park it in the middle of the nearest estatebut its onlt been in there 4 years (04 plate), ill have another go at it in a bit, quite hungry now.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Removing Tape Play from MK6 Polo - 1st Apr 2008 2:23pm
dunno mate cant help u sorry.

lol

As Stuy said, you just need to get the knack for it. are the keys symetrical or do they have a top and a bottom or left and right. try all possible combinations of turning the keys over and swapping them over.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Removing Tape Play from MK6 Polo - 1st Apr 2008 2:24pm
if its quite a new one then, it may be the same as vauxhall who put little grub screws in that needs removing with a hex key.
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: Removing Tape Play from MK6 Polo - 1st Apr 2008 2:25pm
flat head screwdriver and hammer should do the trick raftl
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Removing Tape Play from MK6 Polo - 1st Apr 2008 2:48pm
get scott round to do it... he will demolish half ya dashboard at the same time like, but he will get rid of it either way grin
Posted By: Petei123 Re: Removing Tape Play from MK6 Polo - 1st Apr 2008 3:42pm
got it out, now have another problem. i need a key code for the old cd player, the 1 in the booklet aint the 1 i need but i can apparently ring blaukpunt and get a new 1 sent through. tbh i cba with this so if any1 wants 1 swap mine for a decentish CD player yourvet welcome 2.

mine has DAB/CD/MP3/SD card compatible and face off.

would swap 4 1 that will play just copied cds.

laugh
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Removing Tape Play from MK6 Polo - 2nd Apr 2008 8:54am
Originally Posted by Pete_306TD
got it out, now have another problem. i need a key code for the old cd player, the 1 in the booklet aint the 1 i need but i can apparently ring blaukpunt and get a new 1 sent through. tbh i cba with this so if any1 wants 1 swap mine for a decentish CD player yourvet welcome 2.

mine has DAB/CD/MP3/SD card compatible and face off.

would swap 4 1 that will play just copied cds.

laugh

no't halford sell some Kenwood hu's for around 60quid MP3 ones iirc.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral