Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe BMW unveil in-car internet software - 10th Mar 2008 10:14pm
[Linked Image]

Motorists will soon be able to go online when they’re on the road – without even using a laptop.

That’s because BMW is about to introduce new software that lets drivers surf the Internet using the firm’s in-car display instead.

The kit was unveiled at this week’s Geneva Motor Show, and is based on the BMW Online system launched last year. This allowed owners to use the Google search engine in their car.

However, the new device will provide unrestricted access to the Net via the vehicle’s clever iDrive control system, which will act like a conventional computer mouse.

Drivers who specify this option can use it to select a URL from a list of stored favourites to access the web page they want. The kit will only work when the car is stationary, unless it is built into the headrests in the back for passengers to use on the move. It will be offered as an optional extra later this year.

The German marque has also unveiled new limited-run trims for the 5-Series. Its Exclusive Edition boasts platinum bronze metallic paint, chrome trim, 17-inch alloy wheels and a wood-trimmed interior. The Lifestyle Edition features satin-finished chrome and a lighter interior, plus a mixture of leather and reflex cloth and neptune blue paint. Finally, there’s the Sport Edition, which will come with sport suspension and a bodykit.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: BMW unveil in-car internet software - 14th Mar 2008 5:19am
Ohhhhh shit! Not only will execs in BMW's be using their phones all the time whilst driving, but now they will be surfing the web!!!

Guaranteed, they will find a hack to bypass its safety features, after all, time is money to these ponces, and more driving = less money.
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: BMW unveil in-car internet software - 14th Mar 2008 9:15am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Ohhhhh shit! Not only will execs in BMW's be using their phones all the time whilst driving, but now they will be surfing the web!!!

Guaranteed, they will find a hack to bypass its safety features, after all, time is money to these ponces, and more driving = less money.

YAH!...all the more fun for me to bizz them! ha ha ha...well someones got to keep me in a job!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: BMW unveil in-car internet software - 14th Mar 2008 9:16am
Mind you, you're lot av already got em... but I guess you dont have Google on it??

smile
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: BMW unveil in-car internet software - 14th Mar 2008 10:17am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Mind you, you're lot av already got em... but I guess you dont have Google on it??

smile

er no...not quite...its just the steam turbine in the back of the car thats required to power it that stops us having google!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral