Forums
Posted By: Sanchez petrol and diesel - 3rd Mar 2008 6:50pm
I know this is always being talked about, but i never really realised the impact on putting it up by £0.10 could have.

Just before xmas i was constantly working up in manchester so i would fill my van to the brim from empty every week which would usually cost around £50.00 give or take a pound either side.

I havn't done this since then as there was no need to, but today i decided to treat her to a full tank, and the prteol light had only just come on. So i pulled in at the petty station opposite baerly dam nursaries where it was about £1.09 a litre. Filled her up, wondered when in the hell the meter would stop turning, and to my horror it was £61.07.

Put simply that small £0.10 rise on evry litre has cost me and extra tennet to fill me tank. This i never realised until today that although £0.10 aint really that much, on a larger scale it really is. Im sickened by this alot more than i origionally was. Absolutly shocked.

somad
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: petrol and diesel - 3rd Mar 2008 7:05pm
Gutted mate.

You should try and get them 5p off every litre of petrol or diesel vouchers for Tescos wink

I have a few of these actually and have no use for them yet as my motor isnt on the road, so if anyone wants one, just ask.

I wanted to go on the fuel protest a few months ago which hardly anyone turned up to.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: petrol and diesel - 3rd Mar 2008 7:05pm
Heh... we should be protesting pretty soon... the government is ripping us off and whilst they get more and more tax, our public service's seem to get worse and worse!!!

mad
Posted By: Mark Re: petrol and diesel - 3rd Mar 2008 7:13pm
I'm seriously thinking of switching to a gas converted motor.
And slash that bill in half,

but i need to start a thread about that as i dont know
enough about it ..
Posted By: Sanchez Re: petrol and diesel - 3rd Mar 2008 7:19pm
Originally Posted by Mark
I'm seriously thinking of switching to a gas converted motor.
And slash that bill in half,

but i need to start a thread about that as i dont know
enough about it ..

It's the old compramisation situation though bud, you need a tank installing - therefore loosing space
a spare £1500 lying around
prapared for your car to go slower
lack of filling stations.

just dont seem worth it, it does, and it doesnt if you know what i mean
Posted By: MattLFC Re: petrol and diesel - 3rd Mar 2008 7:24pm
I suppose for the mileage his missus does though, he would make the money back in no time on the grand scale of things.

Performance isnt everything; getting from A-B is the most important thing I think for Mark's need's, and i think it would work out a good option.

At least until the fookin gobshites in Parliament increase tax on gas...

smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: petrol and diesel - 3rd Mar 2008 7:33pm
Yer your totally right mat, i'd love to do it for me van, as it is really only to get from a to b as u say, but i'd loose so much room though, and every square inch is used in the wagon frown
Posted By: StuyMac Re: petrol and diesel - 4th Mar 2008 8:24am
Originally Posted by sanchez
i decided to treat her to a full tank, and the petrol light had only just come on.

....its a Diesel!!! [Linked Image]

On another note, I passed a Shell last night where the Derv was 112.9p/l omg
Posted By: Pomp Re: petrol and diesel - 4th Mar 2008 1:14pm
Dont forget in businesses they have a higher impact as they need to deliver the goods forth and back from distribution to the retail and also they run lorrys!/trucks. That means costing them even more which would mean the products we buy would increase!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: petrol and diesel - 4th Mar 2008 5:10pm
load of shite innit
Posted By: placidmaster Re: petrol and diesel - 4th Mar 2008 11:03pm
tell me about it, i just look at my car and i have spent a tenner
Posted By: dave_g Re: petrol and diesel - 21st Mar 2008 8:12pm
ah well the extra tax we all pay is buyin gordon brown an his chums a nice cooker an stuff eh!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral