Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe Caterham outguns Bugatti - 2nd Mar 2008 2:54pm
Caterham has signed a deal to create a new ultimate performance division and the first model has enough power to threaten a Bugatti Veyron.

[Linked Image]

The deal is with RS Performance and the first fruit is a 2.4-litre V8 engine that makes 400bhp in normal tune.

Buyers can also opt for a supercharged version of the engine that produces more than 500bhp.

When fitted to a Caterham Seven, the car has a power-to-weight ratio of more than 1,000bhp per tonne, which trumps the Bugatti.

There's a 12-week waiting list for the limited edition Levante and each car will cost from £115,000.

The price includes a sophisticated electronics package to control the engine's power through traction and launch controls.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DavidB Re: Caterham outguns Bugatti - 2nd Mar 2008 3:19pm
I like the fact that these cars are made for handling with a bit of spunky performance, and 100% simplicity.
Caterham have totally lost the plot though, what the hell is this supposed to be? The V8 is too heavy over the front, it's too light on the back to get any traction, and it'll handle like a wet fart. I can't imagine ever driving it in the dry, never mind the wet.
Posted By: Brummy_Ben Re: Caterham outguns Bugatti - 2nd Mar 2008 4:14pm
good points there i suppose but it looks great!
bet they arre great fun to drive too tease
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Caterham outguns Bugatti - 2nd Mar 2008 6:23pm
I think for road use... id still rather have the evil Veyron!

My head would get wet in that thing, cos were in the UK lol.

smile
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Caterham outguns Bugatti - 2nd Mar 2008 6:27pm
Deffo a weekend track toy ONLY
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Caterham outguns Bugatti - 2nd Mar 2008 6:32pm
lol i concur smile
Posted By: dave_g Re: Caterham outguns Bugatti - 2nd Mar 2008 10:05pm
its tryin to be a ariel atom an it aint!
Posted By: Wheels Re: Caterham outguns Bugatti - 2nd Mar 2008 10:17pm
yeh but it is only a 2.4 V8 so it wont be that big/heavy ?
Posted By: chriskay Re: Caterham outguns Bugatti - 2nd Mar 2008 11:23pm
I think Caterham know what they're doing. I would guess that the weight distribution of that would be about 50/50. I'd be happy to try it at the Nürburgring. I have a certain amount of experience there; about 70 laps driving & considerably more as a passenger. Here's a couple of pics. I did 15 laps driving the 968, which behaved beautifully, 4 laps passenger in the Carrera GT, which was scary & 3 passenger laps in the GT3 Cup race car, which was totally mind blowing (not particularly fast; bouncing off the rev. limiter at 168MPH, but God, how it handles.

Cheers, Chris.

Attached picture 968 small.jpg
Attached picture Ready.jpg
Attached picture SI at 'ring.jpg
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Caterham outguns Bugatti - 2nd Mar 2008 11:34pm
Heh... nice pics Chris smile
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Caterham outguns Bugatti - 3rd Mar 2008 12:25am
Originally Posted by corsa_can
its tryin to be a ariel atom an it aint!

why is it?

oh and here is a hint one if FR the other MR wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral