Forums
Posted By: Sanchez The problem with my car - 29th Feb 2008 2:05pm
is that it beats most things on the road, just pasted a brand spankin R32, now if im right these are a 3.2, cost 28kish, hmmm honda civic 1.6 vti around £3-5k, i'll let you decide which is better value for money.

Lad in the R32 didn't look too happy smile
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: The problem with my car - 29th Feb 2008 2:09pm
If you want some advice on this problem i can only suggest 1 thing.

Fill the boot with cement. that should slow you down.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: The problem with my car - 29th Feb 2008 2:13pm
Quality matey, the R32s are quite lardy at over 1500kgs, and very nose heavy - had there been a straight involved though - you would have been toast!

....but fun aint in a straight line wink
Posted By: Sanchez Re: The problem with my car - 29th Feb 2008 2:28pm
Quite funny that though chewy, it was actuallyy on lever's corse way i pissed on him !
Posted By: StuyMac Re: The problem with my car - 29th Feb 2008 2:37pm
No offence matey, I dont want to diss the Civic.

Though the 4x4 slows the R32's, he either wasnt trying of didnt have the bottle. On a decent stright like that the bhp on the Golf would have outdragged the Civic frown
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: The problem with my car - 29th Feb 2008 3:26pm
I beat a MG ZR off the lights raftl
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: The problem with my car - 29th Feb 2008 8:56pm
lol sweet
Posted By: Sanchez Re: The problem with my car - 2nd Mar 2008 4:47pm
well im pretty sure he would of had his foot down all the way, whats the point in half racing, shame i never filmed it !
Posted By: spinking Re: The problem with my car - 2nd Mar 2008 4:53pm
Its cos you are such a driving star matey (lend me a tenner raftl )

I'd have your motor over that anyway matey.

Answer you phone too phoned you before handbag
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: The problem with my car - 4th Mar 2008 5:58pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac
No offence matey, I dont want to diss the Civic.

Though the 4x4 slows the R32's, he either wasnt trying of didnt have the bottle. On a decent stright like that the bhp on the Golf would have outdragged the Civic frown

am with stuy on this one...he was either a really crap driver or just wasnt tryin....
Posted By: Sanchez Re: The problem with my car - 4th Mar 2008 6:07pm
both wrong, dont under estamate the power of the vti, chris (aceritz) can vouch for one race i had with an r32 about 2 months ago, the driver was so pissed off he over took me on the most stupidist of corners, i slowed down for it, thus why he took me, but seriously, the vti is unreal !, chewy, what amazes me is that you own one and know how fast the thing is, surely you should be able to belive it, but have you ever raced an r32 in yours or for that matter have you ever been in a r32, i have done both and thay aint all their cracked up to be !
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: The problem with my car - 5th Mar 2008 8:08am
Originally Posted by sanchez
both wrong, dont under estamate the power of the vti, chris (aceritz) can vouch for one race i had with an r32 about 2 months ago, the driver was so pissed off he over took me on the most stupidist of corners, i slowed down for it, thus why he took me, but seriously, the vti is unreal !, chewy, what amazes me is that you own one and know how fast the thing is, surely you should be able to belive it, but have you ever raced an r32 in yours or for that matter have you ever been in a r32, i have done both and thay aint all their cracked up to be !

must agree. i had a go in a gts(single turbo i think) wasnt that quick. yea it was fast but i do think that a vti will probs have it just because of power to weight, after going in andys first vti (black ek9 i think, with the 1.8) i know that these are unreal.
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: The problem with my car - 6th Mar 2008 2:04pm
but have you ever raced an r32 in yours or for that matter have you ever been in a r32

have driven an r32...and chased a few...yup they arent a match for the beemer..but they do go..esp in corners...lol

difference is i (alledgedly) can drive... flex raftl
Posted By: StuyMac Re: The problem with my car - 6th Mar 2008 2:13pm
Originally Posted by exploding_penguin

must agree. i had a go in a gts(single turbo i think) wasnt that quick. yea it was fast but i do think that a vti will probs have it just because of power to weight, after going in andys first vti (black ek9 i think, with the 1.8) i know that these are unreal.

Andys on about the R32 Golf mate, not the Skyline wink
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: The problem with my car - 6th Mar 2008 6:04pm

opps,could be an intersting with the skyline in a race tho?
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: The problem with my car - 6th Mar 2008 6:13pm

opps,could be an intersting with the skyline in a race tho?
Posted By: BrightSpark Re: The problem with my car - 8th Mar 2008 3:42pm
does seem a bit far fetched, but hey i wasnt there
Posted By: Sanchez Re: The problem with my car - 8th Mar 2008 6:34pm
lol, indeed you wern't, well i cant be assed with this topic no more, i know what happened and thats an end to it !
Posted By: MattLFC Re: The problem with my car - 8th Mar 2008 7:13pm
Lol... either way you're car is fast matey.

smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: The problem with my car - 16th Mar 2008 1:05pm
ok, just to clarify :- here is abit of an idea of how quick the civic is !

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dave_g Re: The problem with my car - 24th Mar 2008 1:01am
a golf r32 driven in the right hands would never be caught by any civic sorry!
Posted By: chris bmw M3 Re: The problem with my car - 24th Mar 2008 9:56am
a possible explanation is that the driver of the r32 was indeed flooring it but was in the wrong gear...seen so many people do this!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: The problem with my car - 24th Mar 2008 9:59am
Originally Posted by chris bmw M3
a possible explanation is that the driver of the r32 was indeed flooring it but was in the wrong gear...seen so many people do this!

good point but dont forget, i've beaten two now, are you trying to tell me that both drivers had it in the wrong gear ?

Originally Posted by corsa_can
a golf r32 driven in the right hands would never be caught by any civic sorry!

well how hard is it to put your foot down ?
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: The problem with my car - 24th Mar 2008 12:06pm
if your a crap driver in a ferrari...your gonna get thrashed by half decent driver in anything else....

Why do u think we catch people even in crappy vectras....?
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: The problem with my car - 24th Mar 2008 12:08pm

[Linked Image]

would that be using a mobile phone whilst driving sir....or not in proper control of your vehicle....hmmmm pc
Posted By: jonah Re: The problem with my car - 24th Mar 2008 12:31pm
Originally Posted by Auditastic
if your a crap driver in a ferrari...your gonna get thrashed by half decent driver in anything else....

OI........... !!!!
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: The problem with my car - 24th Mar 2008 2:20pm

[Linked Image]

pah thats nothing, just let me wind the boost up and i'll beat both of you!
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: The problem with my car - 24th Mar 2008 2:35pm
Originally Posted by jonah

OI........... !!!!

comon...our vectras ARE crappy!...not saying all are tho...
Posted By: jonah Re: The problem with my car - 24th Mar 2008 2:39pm
you mean their vectras are crappy or yours, or in general....
Posted By: Pomp Re: The problem with my car - 24th Mar 2008 2:43pm
I think he means works vehicle
Posted By: jonah Re: The problem with my car - 24th Mar 2008 2:45pm
grin i know mate.... lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: The problem with my car - 24th Mar 2008 3:31pm
I think what he may also be getting at, is that a vehichle in the right, and trained hands, doesnt always matter on 0-60's etc, its all about how you drive it.

Police traffic drivers are highly trained and extremely compentent, and this is the reason they can sometimes keep up with even the most powerful of cars, even in std cars like Vectra's etc, simply because the drivers they are chasing, havent got a clue how to drive the car.

99% of drivers who drive a fast car, have no actual idea how to drive that car to its maximum, to reach the cars limits, and are, in a lot of cases, scared to put their foot down as much as they could. On paper, the R32 would probably beat the 1.6 Civic to pieces... but obviously, in this case, Andy is showing he is not only in a rather fast car, but also that he knows how to handle it and is a skilled driver when it comes to acceleration and correct use of gears etc...

So Andy can take a personal victory in tis as well as a marque victory... nice one matey!!

smile
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: The problem with my car - 24th Mar 2008 3:35pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
I think what he may also be getting at, is that a vehichle in the right, and trained hands, doesnt always matter on 0-60's etc, its all about how you drive it.

Police traffic drivers are highly trained and extremely compentent, and this is the reason they can sometimes keep up with even the most powerful of cars, even in std cars like Vectra's etc, simply because the drivers they are chasing, havent got a clue how to drive the car..
smile

lol..Matt thats IS what im trying to say....
But the bit aabout being "highly trained" does amuse me..esp when i still do daft things...like park too far over the kerb...and botch parallel park...We are human..contary to what ever propoganda we (and our police driving school) peddle
Posted By: Sanchez Re: The problem with my car - 24th Mar 2008 6:10pm

[Linked Image]

would that be using a mobile phone whilst driving sir....or not in proper control of your vehicle....hmmmm pc

lol, i have no idea of who that is in that civic, just an example of how quick they are, honestly seeyu
Posted By: dave_g Re: The problem with my car - 25th Mar 2008 1:54am
not sayin civics are slow cos i know most aint but like people have said some dont know how to use the power they got!shame really...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral