Forums
Posted By: exploding_penguin Just booked this.......... - 24th Feb 2008 12:44pm
Well guys i saw this and just had to have a go,

VXR Trackday

as ive only ever driven Oulton Park in the passager seat, i thought y not, im booked in for the 12th in the am. i thought that this was a really good price. been reading reviews from ppl that went last year sounds pretty good.
well its 1 to make the vaux boys green with envy any way!
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Just booked this.......... - 24th Feb 2008 6:25pm
Saw these on the clubcalibra.net but didn't post it on here as there are some vauxhall haters on her.

They do look good. i'm sure jonah will be signed up in no time
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Just booked this.......... - 24th Feb 2008 7:57pm
im not a great fan of the old vauxhall. but i im looking forward to a go in a vxr 8 should be good fun! (just hope the vauxhalls last long enough for me to have a go!! raftl )
Posted By: Brocks Re: Just booked this.......... - 24th Feb 2008 10:09pm
Ssshhhhh I'm trying to keep this quiet....
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Just booked this.......... - 24th Feb 2008 10:26pm
i wont tell anyone to read this thread then ok LOL
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Just booked this.......... - 24th Feb 2008 10:56pm
Originally Posted by Cali_16v
Saw these on the clubcalibra.net but didn't post it on here as there are some vauxhall haters on her.

vauxhall hater or no..i begrudgingly acknowledged the vectra vxr i tested....lol!
Posted By: jonah Re: Just booked this.......... - 25th Feb 2008 7:32am
Originally Posted by Cali_16v

would do if i had the cash to spare but i havent.... frown cry
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Just booked this.......... - 25th Feb 2008 8:04am
heh nice one matey!

smile
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Just booked this.......... - 25th Feb 2008 4:45pm
take it your goin to this 1 then brooks?
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Just booked this.......... - 14th May 2008 12:44am
well went on manday what a day it was

in the first half of the morning it was all about driving skill
but not in a vxr! it was a 1.6 astra design but that was fine for what there use was.
the was an auto test course coned out which consisted of a a 3 turn slarlom round a box and then driving into the box (with aid of handbreak) then j turn out of the box and down to anothere cone and round it twice and then stop in between 2 cones.
was quite fun and you had insturctor with you to time you run and guide you round the course.

then there was a slarlom course 4 turns round a gate at the top and back down through the cones took more controll that i thought but again was fun

next was the 2 wheel experiance paul swift took you out in an astra vxr and then used a little kicker ramp to get it on 2 wheels for a fair distance really strange but so funny.
then paul swift and his team finished off by doin a little bit of 'stunt' driving
second part of the morning was the track action

first the instructors took us out for a slowish ride around the track i got a ride in a corsa (quicker than i thought i would be)
then i was time to chose your car, i went for the astra first really nice car felt nice and quick round the track, corsa was was good when i had a go of that too, the vxr8 was a good but the gearbox was a bit shit tbh far too clunky and the traction controll kicks in a bit too early(they wouldnt let me turn it off! frown ) was very quick when the loud peadal was preased and it made a sweet sound. after a few laps around in confidance had grown out on the track and went out in the astra for the 4th time i was great really nice speed pick up and great handling really nice car.

my last lap round the track was with a racing driver in the astra

OMG he threw that car around the track ive never been in a front wheel drive car and got that sideways ever that was a real quick lap. was great day woth every penny!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Just booked this.......... - 14th May 2008 12:53am
Hehe sounds like you had fun; would you do it again, or is it one of them, once ya done ya done it sort of thing??

smile
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Just booked this.......... - 14th May 2008 12:56am
deffo mate its worth it just to have a go round the track + your getting tuition as your goin round. its great that you get to hammer these cars that you dont have to worry about either, im thinking about goin next year already!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Just booked this.......... - 14th May 2008 12:57am
Nice one; not too bad price wise either!!
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Just booked this.......... - 14th May 2008 12:58am
bargin when you think about what those driving experiance's cost!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Just booked this.......... - 14th May 2008 12:59am
Yeah, usually like £150+ just for a few shitty laps in a Ferrari!!
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Just booked this.......... - 14th May 2008 1:03am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Yeah, usually like £150+ just for a few shitty laps in a Ferrari!!
yes

and on this i had 4 laps in a vxr 8
2 laps in a vectra vxr
4 laps in a corsa vxr
and about 11 laps in the astra vxr
+ that crazy lap with the race driver!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Just booked this.......... - 14th May 2008 1:04am
Looking at the current price of petrol it's even more worth it; I know they get a fuel tax break as its not on a public road, but its still gonna have cost em a decent amount if you really floor it!!

smile
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Just booked this.......... - 14th May 2008 1:07am
Deffo i must have used my £95 just on fuel! + they gave us breakfast and lunch!!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Just booked this.......... - 14th May 2008 1:09am
Ooooo was the breakfast and lunch any good??

Is this run by VXR/Vauxhall, or is it an external company?

smile
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Just booked this.......... - 14th May 2008 1:14am
bacon and sausage buttys, and a decent buffet for lunch.
its a vaux promo thing i think the link on first page takes you to a mini site on the vaux uk site
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Just booked this.......... - 14th May 2008 1:19am
Originally Posted by exploding_penguin
bacon and sausage buttys, and a decent buffet for lunch.
its a vaux promo thing i think the link on first page takes you to a mini site on the vaux uk site

Thought it might be; they are probably using the event as a promotional tool as well.

smile
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Just booked this.......... - 14th May 2008 1:58am
well..............
i am considering and astra vxr atm think
Posted By: chiccy Re: Just booked this.......... - 14th May 2008 7:20am
is this just a once a yr thing? or can u book now?!
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Just booked this.......... - 14th May 2008 10:39am
they have been running it for for a few years apparently. but i dont think you can book next year till a few months before.
Posted By: Mark Re: Just booked this.......... - 15th May 2008 7:47pm
Looks like you had a Boss Day wink
Posted By: chiccy Re: Just booked this.......... - 15th May 2008 8:12pm
astra vxr are lush!

wow mark havent heard that in yrs "boss" hehe x
© Wirral-Wikiwirral