Forums
Posted By: jonah Mitsubishi Lancer Prototype-S - 21st Feb 2008 8:58pm
Less than a year since Subaru was maligned for its decision to convert the Impreza from a saloon into a hatchback, Mitsubishi is following the lead of its fellow Japanese car maker with this Prototype-S Lancer. The Prototype-S may be in Geneva as a concept car but Mitsubishi says this five-door variant of the Lancer is destined for production. Further, the company reckons this hatchback version will account for 80per cent of all UK Lancer sales. As Subaru will testify, getting the look right is critical but judging by these sketches, we reckon that Mitsubishi has done a pretty decent job. It’s still aggressive and rally-looking enough to remain aspirational for the yoof market, but equally perfect for someone who is clearly ill at ease at turning 40 next year.

Attached picture MitsubishiLancerPrototype-S.jpg
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Mitsubishi Lancer Prototype-S - 21st Feb 2008 9:33pm
not sure on that, would have to see it in the metal to pass judgement
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Mitsubishi Lancer Prototype-S - 22nd Feb 2008 1:11am
I like the front of it, but the back reminds me of a focus.

Keep it as a saloon imo
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Mitsubishi Lancer Prototype-S - 22nd Feb 2008 1:21am
What a goddam surprise......Mitsubishi Have always copied subaru in the design sector.....Nice as it looks tho...If I had to get anything...Id probably still get the Impreza...but only if they ever do release a proper STI version...
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Mitsubishi Lancer Prototype-S - 22nd Feb 2008 1:21am
Also.....The rear lights are just blatant copies
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: Mitsubishi Lancer Prototype-S - 22nd Feb 2008 3:03am
Scooby did it now Evo have done it, WHY WHY WHY frown

Looks mean from the front tho.....

I mean WHY DO IT lol They should be long and sporty like they use to be, Now both the Scooby and the Evo look like the family focus.
Posted By: krisGTi Re: Mitsubishi Lancer Prototype-S - 22nd Feb 2008 3:34pm
Originally Posted by BMW Joe
I like the front of it, but the back reminds me of a focus.

Keep it as a saloon imo

withthat
Posted By: Waddi Re: Mitsubishi Lancer Prototype-S - 22nd Feb 2008 7:49pm
would they be making this instead of the saloon or aswell as.

I think they have seen the market leaning towards the hot hatches again; Astra VXR, Focus ST, Civic Type R, Golf R32 etc
Posted By: jonah Re: Mitsubishi Lancer Prototype-S - 22nd Feb 2008 9:13pm
apparently, instead of waddi
Posted By: Waddi Re: Mitsubishi Lancer Prototype-S - 22nd Feb 2008 9:17pm
nooooooooooooo,

The lancer is meant to be a saloon, would have been a nice addition to the line up, but not as a replacement
© Wirral-Wikiwirral