Forums
Posted By: krisGTi mod's you have done 2 ur car - 18th Feb 2008 10:33am
mod's you have done to your car that will fail an M O T

Posted By: jonah Re: mod's you have done 2 ur car - 18th Feb 2008 12:33pm
took mine to kwikfit last year and was told it could fail cos of the k&n induction kit messing up the emissions, as they'd had it before with other cars, which later passed with original air filter on. As it happens, my car passed with better emissions than usual and passed again this year no problem.... hmmmmmmm
Posted By: Sanchez Re: mod's you have done 2 ur car - 18th Feb 2008 2:06pm
all depends on the mot station too, if your car is really low it will fail on the head light level, i think it has to be above 60mm, takin off abs, when its got it
Posted By: MattLFC Re: mod's you have done 2 ur car - 18th Feb 2008 2:07pm
Looks like Joe may have just done his lights lol.
Posted By: placidmaster Re: mod's you have done 2 ur car - 18th Feb 2008 2:10pm
best not mention the removal ov the cat!!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: mod's you have done 2 ur car - 18th Feb 2008 2:13pm
Do it on a derv and just run SVO for the MOT raftl
Posted By: placidmaster Re: mod's you have done 2 ur car - 18th Feb 2008 2:39pm
SVO???? matty
Posted By: MattLFC Re: mod's you have done 2 ur car - 18th Feb 2008 2:45pm
veggie oil... knock the innards out of the cat and run veggie oil wen it goes for an MOT and emissions will be fine.
Posted By: placidmaster Re: mod's you have done 2 ur car - 18th Feb 2008 2:48pm
i see, had some guy show me how to do this on an astra estate diesel, i was well impressed, been looking at a new (nearly) 530 diesel for myself but think i will stick to bps finest for it lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: mod's you have done 2 ur car - 18th Feb 2008 2:58pm
I was running Bio till a few weeks back, got a bit hard to start from frozen one a really cold morning though (could have been due to a somewhat defective battery however), so I since stopped using it.

Never run actual veggie oil on me car, I think I will stick to regular derv though until the summer. 56p a litre in Tesco does sound good, mind you 75p a litre of Bio was pretty darn good too!

smile
Posted By: placidmaster Re: mod's you have done 2 ur car - 18th Feb 2008 3:03pm
i know on the little kit i seen on this astra there was a hot watewr circulator thingy kept it warm when running and an electrical one to preheat it when it was starting, with veg oil being thicker than diesel
Posted By: MattLFC Re: mod's you have done 2 ur car - 18th Feb 2008 3:07pm
Yeah, people often use the heater's, but too much hassle imho, some people even use seperate tanks. The SDi can run fine without either though, so long as it has 5 - 10% of regular derv added. So on a 55 litre tank, 50 litre's can be say SVO and 5 litres+ reserve can be regular derv, meaning a potential saving of upto £25 a full tank based upon a lite of SVO being 56p and a litre of derv being £1.06... but the hassle of going to Tesco and buying 50x 1 litre bottles of SVO hence Biodiesel is more practical and still a decent saving of around £12.00 per tank.

smile
Posted By: krisGTi Re: mod's you have done 2 ur car - 18th Feb 2008 4:23pm
i never asked what will pass i asked what mods uv done to ur car that u will have to take of f coz it would fail the mot.

mie will be me reg plates coz there euro mettle pressed plates
Posted By: Sanchez Re: mod's you have done 2 ur car - 18th Feb 2008 5:17pm
whats that mean about your plates ?
Posted By: placidmaster Re: mod's you have done 2 ur car - 18th Feb 2008 5:57pm
I'm Laughimg, My car has a fit for service test every 2 years, NHS test is evry 4 months tho, but that is more so for the equipment on it rather than the car itself
Posted By: krisGTi Re: mod's you have done 2 ur car - 18th Feb 2008 6:00pm
the spaceing is not write
Posted By: placidmaster Re: mod's you have done 2 ur car - 18th Feb 2008 6:07pm
naughty naughty
© Wirral-Wikiwirral