Forums
Posted By: placidmaster for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 1:46am
as you all know Vauxhall is killing the vectra off good/bad i remain neutral, of course the insignia is here in 20 years but in France and Deutchland in about 3 months, here is a taste

Attached picture insig.jpg
Attached picture insignia.jpg
Attached picture InsigniaA3.jpg
Posted By: Brocks Re: for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 9:54am
These are all over the VX forums. I lekes the front but not the back. Due out at around September
Posted By: Sanchez Re: for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 10:00am
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk !
Posted By: MattLFC Re: for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 11:02am
Eeeeeeeeeee they are killing off the Veccy for this... I thought they were joking!! The current Vectra has an air of class and style about it; this one looks like a cheap and tack upgrade to the current Astra/Corsa and from the front, a wannabe Merc/Lexus but not half as stylish.

Bad bad move imho thumbsdown
Posted By: StuyMac Re: for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 11:14am
Just looks like an overgrown Astra.

TBH I dont like the way current makers like to make all their cars look the same, just different sizes...
Posted By: Wheels Re: for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 12:13pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac
current makers like to make all their cars look the same, just different sizes...

withthat
Posted By: jonah Re: for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 12:25pm
hmm as a vectra owner, think i'd have to actually see one to pass judgement think
Posted By: MGCraig Re: for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 1:02pm
Thats ugly....on a new scale....surely people wont buy that!!

Whatever happened to the good old days of Vauxhall....Senator...Carlton...Original Cavalier etc.....just no style or class these days......well...compared to what they used to be like....
Posted By: CustomIce Re: for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 1:13pm
Front looks like they nicked a merc design the back is a bit hyundai.
Posted By: placidmaster Re: for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 2:08pm
funny u should say that custom, a merc designer was on board the team, me personally i think its gonna be like the fiesta, love it or hate it its gonna be everywhere. hopefully it will address the driver comfort issue that i have always had with the vectra, I always liked the looks of any vectra (and earlier cav's in uk) but never ever got totally comfy in them.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 2:55pm
Originally Posted by jonah
hmm as a vectra owner, think i'd have to actually see one to pass judgement think

I would even pass wind on it !
Posted By: MattLFC Re: for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 2:56pm
Originally Posted by sanchez

I would even pass wind on it !

raftl
Posted By: jonah Re: for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 3:04pm
i'd have this one tho...

Attached picture vxr.jpg
Posted By: StuyMac Re: for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 3:09pm
It looks mahooooosive in that pic - and sits way to high!!

That blue grille looks well [Linked Image]

Still, no doubt the chavs, sorry, modifiers out there would soom paint it / chrome it quicker than a spotty 17 year old could fit Lexus lights to his Saxo... [Linked Image]
Posted By: MattLFC Re: for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 3:11pm
Has anyone else noticed the chrome plastic bits on the rear of the new Astra's looks very cheap and tacky when sitting behind them at lights and the like?

I only noticed this the other day, it looks as though it's "blinged up" but it's not it's just standard, the problem is it's an Astra not an Escalade!!
Posted By: jonah Re: for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 3:13pm

Still, no doubt the chavs, sorry, modifiers out there would soom paint it / chrome it quicker than a spotty 17 year old could fit Lexus lights to his Saxo... [Linked Image]

you met my neighbour then ? raftl
i like it tho, dont see any modded/chaved vectra vxr's, as there is no real need to.. hopefully this will be the same.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 3:14pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
I only noticed this the other day, it looks as though it's "blinged up" but it's not it's just standard, the problem is it's an Astra not an Escalade!!

Bad example Matty, the Escalade is the most tacky, cheap pimp'd car in its class raftl

you met my neighbour then ? raftl
i like it tho, dont see any modded/chaved vectra vxr's, as there is no real need to.. hopefully this will be the same.

I know a lot of people, but I dont think Ive met him, If I had met him, I think he'd still be taking my advice, and standing in front of a mirror having a quiet word with himself raftl

Posted By: MattLFC Re: for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 3:16pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC

Bad example Matty, the Escalade is the most tacky, cheap pimp'd car in its class raftl

Lol I know, but when I saw the Astra the other day, it's the first thing I thought of. It also sorta looks a bit out of proportion, too thin, hard to explain, just dont look right when ya sitting behind it.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 3:20pm
Im just waiting for someone to post a pic of the "Family of Vauxhalls" drive way:

Offsprings Corsa
Wifes Astra
Husbands Vectra

...all in the same colour, and all looking exactly the same, just looking a bit like a set of Russian dolls... raftl
Posted By: MattLFC Re: for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 3:21pm
Im just waiting for someone to post a pic of the "Family of Vauxhalls" drive way:

Offsprings Corsa
Wifes Astra
Husbands Vectra

...all in the same colour, and all looking exactly the same, just looking a bit like a set of Russian dolls... raftl

raftl raftl
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 4:31pm
No, No, No
Posted By: Pomp Re: for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 4:45pm
That blue grille looks well [Linked Image]

LOL
Posted By: placidmaster Re: for the Vauxhall crew - 18th Feb 2008 7:42pm
as i said i was going to remain neutral with regards to the new insignia but the idia of them popping out like little russian dolls did give me a chuckle lol, mind you if its like the last thing in the UK called insignia loads of people will get them in a set rouind about Christmas time
© Wirral-Wikiwirral