Forums
Posted By: mcburney48 Windscreen stone chip repair - 5th Feb 2008 3:53pm
I have just started my own windscreen stone chip repair company wich is alot cheaper than my rivals i am doing stone chips for £25 for 1 £35 for 2 and 4 or more for £40 just take into concideration auto glass charge 70 and want to go threw ur insurance company crystal clear tel: 07833620052 danny thank you !! no call out charge
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Windscreen stone chip repair - 5th Feb 2008 4:54pm
£30 for 2, and i'll spread the good word of you services
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Windscreen stone chip repair - 5th Feb 2008 6:37pm
Originally Posted by mcburney48
auto glass charge 70 and want to go threw ur insurance company

Sounds great that fella, but I feel it is also worth noting (in the ineterest of Wiki members) that the reason the likes of Autoglass and RAC Autowindscreen's usually want to go through the insurance company is because most policies nowaday's, especially fully comp, include windscreen cover meaning repair's are free and replacement is subject to an excess of like only £50 or £60, which doesnt affect you're no claim's bonus if you use it, so people should always check to see if their policy include's this cover before paying someone for a repair or replacement.

I now have windscreen cover on my policy, but last year I didnt. The previous year I did however, and I had a stone chip repaired by RAC Autowindscreen's via the insurance company, and the cost to them was £75 or summit on the invoice, so if I didnt have the cover in my policy, I would almost certainly go to an independent like yourself, this is a very good price!!

What sort of warranty do you include with the repair's matey? I know the RAC Autowindscreen repair was covered by a 5 year warranty and they would replace the windscreen if the repair failed whilst under warranty and the screen got a crack as a result.

Good luck with the new business fella!

smile
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: Windscreen stone chip repair - 5th Feb 2008 6:40pm
Yeah i have windscreen cover with an excess of £50, Not bad i dont think smile
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Windscreen stone chip repair - 5th Feb 2008 6:45pm
Yep matty spot on, £50-60 for replacing any glass except for sunroof or lights. and free for a chip repair.

Check your policy first.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Windscreen stone chip repair - 5th Feb 2008 6:59pm
but if you have a trade licence like me and chewy, the barstard dont cover you for any shit like that !
© Wirral-Wikiwirral