Forums
Posted By: krisGTi Sat-nav blunder hit tanks - 24th Jan 2008 8:30pm
Residents of a tiny village are regularly invaded by army tanks because of a sat-nav blunder.

Soldiers looking for their barracks are being directed to the picturesque hamlet of the same name 15 miles away.

Tanks and transporters thunder into the area up to seven times a week damaging roads, verges and knocking down trees.

Farmer David Strefford, 60, who has lived in Donnington, near Telford, Shrops, all his life said:

"There are only six houses here. There must be a problem with the satnavs." The Ministry of Defence is investigating.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Sat-nav blunder hit tanks - 24th Jan 2008 8:32pm
raftl
Posted By: Pomp Re: Sat-nav blunder hit tanks - 24th Jan 2008 8:33pm
Gutted

matty
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Sat-nav blunder hit tanks - 24th Jan 2008 8:39pm
all hail donny.

sat-nav have a lot to answer for
Posted By: scoop Re: Sat-nav blunder hit tanks - 31st Jan 2008 1:46am
Originally Posted by Cali_16v
all hail donny.

sat-nav have a lot to answer for

who controls the sattelites??? america! trying to get us to friendly fire ourselves as theyve got bored of doing it
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Sat-nav blunder hit tanks - 31st Jan 2008 1:57am
Only for a while... we will all be using Galileo here in Europe soon! No more George Bush sending us to our auntie's when we want to go to our mum's grin
Posted By: Pomp Re: Sat-nav blunder hit tanks - 31st Jan 2008 6:26am
Thank goodness, its been sending me the wrong way last time i had it on (when we went seacombe ferry on the mini meet)
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Sat-nav blunder hit tanks - 31st Jan 2008 6:30am
you needed sat nav to get to seacombe ferry...

omg

Sometimes, I really do worry about you Pomptastic!
Posted By: Pomp Re: Sat-nav blunder hit tanks - 31st Jan 2008 6:38am
LOl na i didn't bring it with me but now i know where it is it'l be easy for next time.
Would have thought the army would have memorised the direction to the base rather than use sat nav.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Sat-nav blunder hit tanks - 31st Jan 2008 6:39am
Originally Posted by Pomp
LOl na i didn't bring it with me but now i know where it is it'l be easy for next time.
Would have thought the army would have memorised the direction to the base rather than use sat nav.

This is the army we're talking about here wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral