Forums
Posted By: Beemertastic seems to make sense - 15th Jan 2008 2:14pm
not sure this is the place in the forum...but it seems to make sense what hes saying ...i know theres alot of people of this forum that share my frustration in how society is...for once a politician seems to be on the nail.....but actions speak louder than words....

http://www.merpolfed.org.uk/news/localupdate/434.html
Posted By: chriskay Re: seems to make sense - 15th Jan 2008 3:01pm
I totally support all that's in this article. I certainly won't be voting to keep this miserable lot in power at the next election. We need to get back to the days when my kids were young (1960's)& they knew that if they were found behaving unsociably, they could expect a clip round the ear from the village bobby. When I was young (1940's) kids generally were terrified of the police, or at least respected their authority.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: seems to make sense - 15th Jan 2008 4:39pm
Originally Posted by chriskay
When I was young (1940's) kids generally were terrified of the police, or at least respected their authority.

Yep, in my grandads day (he was a bobby), a bobby was seen as an important part of the local community, and tended to have great respect and the locals knew him by name etc...

In them days, a clip round the ear would deter the thugs-to-be from turning out that way.

Nowadays, there is no respect and the police are so restricted by the government, its rediculous!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral