Forums
Posted By: Wheels Illegal HID Convesion Kits Explained - 2nd Nov 2007 2:10am

[youtube]yVuSSdZNsZw[/youtube]

Posted By: StuyMac Re: Illegal HID Convesion Kits Explained - 2nd Nov 2007 7:55am
Ive passed MOTs with the HIDs - Ive also seen the pattern on the beam checker and it looked the same as a normal bulb...

TBH Theres more people about with one badly aimed headlight than with poor quality HIDS coffee
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Illegal HID Convesion Kits Explained - 2nd Nov 2007 5:10pm
it state's in the high way code that no other bulb should be fitted other than the one designed to fit in your light fitting, therefore if the fuzz wish too they will do you for it !
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Illegal HID Convesion Kits Explained - 2nd Nov 2007 5:12pm
i cant belive they paid £550 for them fitted, complete tits !
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Illegal HID Convesion Kits Explained - 2nd Nov 2007 5:27pm
Originally Posted by sanchez
it state's in the high way code that no other bulb should be fitted other than the one designed to fit in your light fitting, therefore if the fuzz wish too they will do you for it !

HIDS are the same fitment - its the gas inside thats different, and it says nothing about that wink
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Illegal HID Convesion Kits Explained - 2nd Nov 2007 11:04pm
[quote=sanchez therefore if the fuzz wish too they will do you for it ! [/quote]
hmm..its very very difficult to prove..and unless they are traffic "fuzz" they wudnt be likely to know even what an HID lamp is let alone if its not kosher...not that thats an excuse or reason to get them fitted...
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Illegal HID Convesion Kits Explained - 2nd Nov 2007 11:09pm
on every site i go on the ppl say they have had there headlights realigned/readjusted after having the kits fitted and have passed mots with the likes of actual dealerships they got their cars from etc... i honestly dont know how things work as far as the law and lights go but it makes sense to have the adjusted
© Wirral-Wikiwirral