Forums
Posted By: Johnny Alan triumph return - 30th Oct 2007 6:11pm
Their have been rumours that triumph is set to return by bmw bosses bringing out a new tr4 heres some pics
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
And the old version
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MattLFC Re: triumph return - 30th Oct 2007 6:38pm
I actually like that, it is quite unique styling, retains the classic look, whilst looking moden.

As an original Triumph owner/enthusiast, what do you think about it Rhys mate?

smile
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: triumph return - 30th Oct 2007 6:52pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
I actually like that, it is quite unique styling, retains the classic look, whilst looking moden.

As an original Triumph owner/enthusiast, what do you think about it Rhys mate?

smile

I really like it, and personally I think it will sell well, the majority of cars coming out now are uprated originals. If it sells for around the £20000 it will do really well. I never new bmw owned the name though.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: triumph return - 30th Oct 2007 7:05pm
Yeah, I think they retained the name from when they owned Rover (of course all the major British brands were part of British Leyland before it was all disintergrated into just Rover), I know Rover (as in the Phoenix consortium) took the Austin name when they broke away from BMW and the chinese SAIC/Nanjing who bought MG Rover's assets are considering reviving that brand too.

BMW also owned the Rover brand, but when they sold Rover, they sold MG to Rover, but retained the rights to the Rover name, and then leased it back to Rover, and the reason Rover no longer exists, is because Ford had an agreement in place as a result of the Land Rover sale from BMW to them, that should Rover ever be disbanded, Ford would have first refusal on purchasing the rights to the Rover brand.

If any of that makes sense, ye will see how they own it now lol. Well thats how I assume they own it anyway haha...

smile
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: triumph return - 30th Oct 2007 7:07pm
hmmm....leaves me cold...sorry!
Posted By: fordsteve Re: triumph return - 30th Oct 2007 7:11pm
lovely looking motor as matt said trying to keep it looking classic thumbsup
Posted By: jonah Re: triumph return - 30th Oct 2007 7:41pm
tis a sweet lookin car... wouldnt turn my nose up at it !
Posted By: MGCraig Re: triumph return - 30th Oct 2007 9:54pm
looks well good...we need some new cars witha bit of class about them
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: triumph return - 30th Oct 2007 11:33pm
I likes it
Posted By: CustomIce Re: triumph return - 31st Oct 2007 9:41am
Lets hope BMW don't do to the truimph what they did to the mini, made it fat, and liked by hairdressers and receptionists.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral