Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Finally gone and bought myself a race car! - 26th Oct 2007 7:22am
...well, just a car at the moment raftl

The intention, is to get it sorted for the Classic Production Touring Car series, in a 1600, pre '93 Class smile

Its had one or 2 little mods so far wink - bearing in mind the 1.6 makes 160bhp as std, and all it really needs now is a Cage, seat, harness, Fire extinguisher and electric cut off.

Its the EG6 VTi SiR - Import, meaning it has the LSD box fitted, and it also has no sunroof smile

Its all road legal, so Ill prolly drive it while I mod it, as it has 12 months MOT and 6 Months Tax. Ive put a deposit down on the car, and the guy has removed it from e-bay - should be getting it on Sat 3rd November.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Finally gone and bought myself a race car! - 26th Oct 2007 8:28am
Looks really tidy mate. Good find. smile
Posted By: Mark Re: Finally gone and bought myself a race car! - 26th Oct 2007 10:00am
Nice one stuy wink
Good luck with the buy.

About time you put so of that knowledge to good use,
meaning on your self.

Remember we seen Stuy here first as he hits the big time.

Good Luck with it all fella smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Finally gone and bought myself a race car! - 26th Oct 2007 10:23am
I know where to come for my vynils wink
Posted By: Wheels Re: Finally gone and bought myself a race car! - 26th Oct 2007 11:19am
awesome.

I would love a beast like that, dont these rev high?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Finally gone and bought myself a race car! - 26th Oct 2007 12:11pm
8500-9000rpm IIRC - this JDM one revs higher than the UK ones too wink
Posted By: jonah Re: Finally gone and bought myself a race car! - 26th Oct 2007 12:54pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac
8500-9000rpm IIRC - this JDM one revs higher than the UK ones too wink

Brings back memories of my honda tuned Accord Type-R saloon, that redlined at 9000 rpm.... beast of a car.. i miss that car cry...but good luck with the project fella.. thumbsup
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Finally gone and bought myself a race car! - 26th Oct 2007 3:19pm
Good luck with it Stu
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Finally gone and bought myself a race car! - 26th Oct 2007 7:32pm
Nice, but i am suprised that a guy that likes all the power up the rear has bought an FWD
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Finally gone and bought myself a race car! - 27th Oct 2007 9:17am
Haha good point but I can explain....

Unfortunatly, all RWD are generally bigger capacity cars which bumps you up in the classes. Those with a smaller cc just aint competitive enough.

I dont want something thats too quick in my first season, I want to learn all the tracks and gain some experience of racing other cars rather than against a clock.

The Lil honda though is pretty much in a state of tune where it can be raced as is, in near std form. Last season my mate raced an older shape VTi and walked the championship for that class in a near std car!!

This one has 182bhp, and has been timed at 13.9 at Santapod, so whilst FWD, its very cost effective as its ready to race, its near std, so should be reliable and its not too fast to learn in, and gain experience smile
Posted By: Mark Re: Finally gone and bought myself a race car! - 27th Oct 2007 9:30am
All good reasons wink
At what point will the chewy fan club begin ?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Finally gone and bought myself a race car! - 27th Oct 2007 11:32am
Very nice Stuy mate smile
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Finally gone and bought myself a race car! - 27th Oct 2007 11:47am
Nice one mate...Keep a thread on this, I wanna hear bout it all....
Posted By: AL Re: Finally gone and bought myself a race car! - 29th Oct 2007 1:49pm
Very nice mate cant wait to watch you next season!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral