Forums
Posted By: MattLFC New Autotrader Online Search Facility - 9th Oct 2007 9:20am
Anyone tried it yet? Its fookin crap if you ask me!!

Dunno why they have changed it, stupid idea. They have tried to go all fancy and modern (and I hate this term but almost like they are trying to go "Web 2.0"), but imho, simplicity is the better option in these types of applications.

thumbsdown
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: New Autotrader Online Search Facility - 9th Oct 2007 10:24am
well it saved me a lot of time finding specific versions of a car than it used to (probly cos i couldnt be arsed registerin) so i dont mind the move...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: New Autotrader Online Search Facility - 9th Oct 2007 10:29am
I think it seems to take longer then it used to do, to do the same things. Like there is a delay when it now "searches" for models of cars whereas it used to load them list instantly. You also have to now click the change option before you can change the vehicle manufacturer whereas you just used to re-select from the list.

Its all well and good the specific model search, which could be handy, but only if people listed their cars correctly - 90% of ads on there dont even list the trim, never mind list it and the rest of its specs correctly lol.

Now when one does a search without logging in, it sets the distance to National instead of 40 miles, which is pathetic. And when you change your search options, it actively updates to tell you how many cars its found, but you have to click show to list the cars, whats the feckin point in that!!

frown
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: New Autotrader Online Search Facility - 9th Oct 2007 11:23am
hmm it appears when choosin the "sub-model" it only goes upto 2005 too lol... weird
Posted By: Waddi Re: New Autotrader Online Search Facility - 9th Oct 2007 12:24pm
its waaaay slow....
Posted By: MattLFC Re: New Autotrader Online Search Facility - 13th Oct 2007 9:27am
already its piss arsin about, cant handle chaging the distance atm, obviously busy but never had problems like this on the old search facility.

All ya get atm when ya change the search distance is "finding available cars".

Absolute wank!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: New Autotrader Online Search Facility - 13th Oct 2007 9:30am
Why if its still BETA, is already in production and replaced the stable version? Fookin muppets couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery, obviously their IT team doesnt understand what BETA fookin mean the Grrrs!
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: New Autotrader Online Search Facility - 13th Oct 2007 10:20am
lmao i take it u're lookin for a motor matt? :lol:

i can change the distance no problem... the first time i tried tho it just sat there searchin... but since then i have been able to change distance (without being a registered member)
Posted By: MattLFC Re: New Autotrader Online Search Facility - 13th Oct 2007 4:12pm
They probably sorted the issue out tbh as I tried an hour before ye, but its just fookin shit.

I filled in their feedback questionaire, and explained to them they shouldnt be using BETA as a production application, gave them a link to an explanation of software lifecycles by Wikipedia and then suggested they go back to the old search method until they can sort the new out.

Cheeky but it pissing me off this new one, its sheer crap!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral