Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Where do i go for an exhaust? - 29th Aug 2007 1:54pm
I want an exhaust for my new BMW.

I want a dual exit which doesnt increase the noise too much - is there anywhere around the Wirral where i can go to have one sorted?

Thanks

Alex
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Where do i go for an exhaust? - 29th Aug 2007 2:28pm
Peco do custom exhausts smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Where do i go for an exhaust? - 29th Aug 2007 3:01pm
Where on the Wirral can i go to talk to someone etc and have them recommend and fit one for me?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Where do i go for an exhaust? - 29th Aug 2007 3:03pm
Ah i see, Peco are actually located in Birkenhead!
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Where do i go for an exhaust? - 29th Aug 2007 4:57pm
you best off going to peco as said they will talk to you and find out what it is you after and make it to how you want it
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Where do i go for an exhaust? - 29th Aug 2007 5:21pm
Yeah, an you`ll pay too so be prepared, but you get a quality job smile
Posted By: jonah Re: Where do i go for an exhaust? - 29th Aug 2007 5:22pm
Originally Posted by Alex85
Ah i see, Peco are actually located in Birkenhead!

took my vectra c there cos they dont make a specific one for it, they dicussed wot i wanted from it and showed me the various tailpipes to choose from then i left the car with them.. i got a dual exit set up with twin squared ovals 6x4 " cost me £180.. top job, nice low rumble too, but not overloud... put a pic on to show u....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Where do i go for an exhaust? - 29th Aug 2007 8:39pm
Good stuff and that price is awesome - was looking at getting an eisenmann but they are about £500 without fitting.

Do you know if they can set the noise as you want it too? Could they change the noise if they fitted it and you didnt like it?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Where do i go for an exhaust? - 29th Aug 2007 8:43pm
They will make a solid gold exhaust if your budget can stretch to it lol.

The answer is yes, but it will most likely cost a fair few bob, due to the amount of time they would most likely need to spend on it.

Depends on how picky you are (ie. how many times you say no to a sound test lol).

smile
Posted By: jonah Re: Where do i go for an exhaust? - 30th Aug 2007 8:06am
mine sounds really nice... deep low burble on idle, and low rumble when driving, with a nice note if u boot it, can come have a look if u want, if it helps, thats if u pass bromborough at all..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Where do i go for an exhaust? - 8th Sep 2007 11:09am
what a bunch of idiots, 3 times ive phoned them up and the bint on reception promises me a phone call back.

so i email then instead... no reply.

business... lost.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Where do i go for an exhaust? - 8th Sep 2007 1:01pm
u'd have been better goin to the actual place, the "bint" on reception probly wouldnt have a clue wot she was talkin about
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Where do i go for an exhaust? - 8th Sep 2007 2:18pm
you're right, she didnt have a clue what she was talking about, which is why she said she would get one of the other 2 to call me back. you'd think a receptionist would be able to perform some sort of receptionist type duties.

if they cant handle calls, then they sure as hell are not handling my car.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Where do i go for an exhaust? - 8th Sep 2007 9:32pm
Ive heard of crap like this happening before when people have phone up; im sure its been posted on the boards before today as well.

Best way deffo seems to go down to Peco, but still they should employ some receptionists who can actually do the fookin job they are paid for.

Dont blame you not being arsed now, if a business isnt happy to do a simple thing like phone you back, why should you bother to take your business to them... I certainly wouldnt.

Sorry to hear they were no good for you though fella frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Where do i go for an exhaust? - 13th Sep 2007 10:35am
So i thought id give them another chance and called to their offices/workshop... i rang the buzzer, she asks me what i want and i say a quote. She tells me to wait where i was, outside the door and left me there. I press the button again and she comes back and says im sorry nobody is here at the moment, come back later.

Come back later? No mention of i'll take your number, not that it would have made a difference, absolute bunch of monkeys.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Where do i go for an exhaust? - 13th Sep 2007 5:31pm
so don't go there and find a better place, tried blueflame yet?
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Where do i go for an exhaust? - 13th Sep 2007 6:16pm
lol that is quite rediculous
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Where do i go for an exhaust? - 13th Sep 2007 11:49pm
no ive not tried blueflame, will give them a shout in the morning, cheers mate!
Posted By: Mark Re: Where do i go for an exhaust? - 14th Sep 2007 10:01am
Have you tried spray force?
As they made custom exhausts when they were apart of CYBOX.
I'm sure Martin or Dave will help you out.

Shame about Peco, as i personally get on with some of the staff,
but Huge Generator Exhausts is there Bread and Butter.
No excuse for poor customer care.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Where do i go for an exhaust? - 14th Sep 2007 10:37am
Im talking to Peco at the moment about making a back box for the BMW.

Never had a problem contacting them....

I guess they are just more focused on exhausts they may be able to reproduce and sell to a wider market, if they already do the exhaust you want, try a reseller...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral