Forums
Posted By: MGCraig Crap Day !!!! - 24th Aug 2007 10:31pm
Hi Pomp!!!! is what i would have said earlier had you not looked too late......but enough of that...

i backed into some pillock today in Asda....his car more damaged than mine...ive got a broken light and a "bruised" bumper...his rear door all trashed.....i looked both ways twice..started reversing..then he was just there....he was either reversing at the same time as me and in my blindspot (least likely) or he was travellin way too fast for a car park.....any ideas what i can do??
Posted By: Mark Re: Crap Day !!!! - 24th Aug 2007 10:32pm
witnesses ??

But your rear into his door isnt going to help you out frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Crap Day !!!! - 24th Aug 2007 10:32pm
Do they have CCTV in the car park? Where there any witnesses who saw what happened?

Is he blaming you, has he said anything about what happened as in any error he or you made?

smile
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Crap Day !!!! - 24th Aug 2007 10:39pm
Nope...nothin was said bout any error...i was sure to keep my mouth shut..cos i think it was him in the wrong personally.....as im a newcomer at crashing...i didnt even get any photos...or even get the number and name of 2 witnesses nearby..i did however have my mate in the car who agrees with me....he was by himself.....i thought about cctv...but i dont think asda woulde just give out cctv images willy nally...

i thought he may have been goin the wrong way down a one way..but when we checked later it was bothways....still..ive never met anyone who drives in that direction..as it takes you towards the entrance..not the exit??
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Crap Day !!!! - 24th Aug 2007 10:41pm
Asda are obliged to let you see the CCTV if its to do with an investigation of this nature.

It may be able to help define who was in the wrong legally.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Crap Day !!!! - 24th Aug 2007 10:45pm
ill have to check tomorrow or sumthin then...i did suggest it to my parents......but obv that idea just got shrugged off
Posted By: Waddi Re: Crap Day !!!! - 24th Aug 2007 10:47pm
When my car was damaged anonymously in their car park, ASDA in bromborough told me they only cover the enterance and exit with their cctv
Posted By: Waddi Re: Crap Day !!!! - 24th Aug 2007 10:48pm
in the eyes of parents, you are always in the wrong, they never believe that it wasnt your fault.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Crap Day !!!! - 24th Aug 2007 10:49pm
Its probably not on CCTV - but theres certainly no harm in asking either way. Because if one doesnt ask, and it was captured on CCTV then it could prove the missing link in such a case as this.

smile
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Crap Day !!!! - 24th Aug 2007 10:53pm
well tbh...i told my parents my side of the story...my dad drove me to asda again to check the area..then we went hunting for his car usin his address...to see the full damage (check he hadnt hit it with a hammer or nethin) but cudnt find it....

Im just angry with the fact it happened..as i say..in my opinion i looked enough....and he just appeared out of nowhere.....he didnt give me his tale of events or anythin...didnt blame me or anythin...which seems slightly worryin...if he makes stuff up...ill throttle him
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Crap Day !!!! - 24th Aug 2007 10:56pm
well it doesnt matter if you think you looked enough im afraid fella, all that matter's is who, if anyone, was the person in the wrong. If it was a genuine accident, then its a 50/50 claim, but if you cant prove you wernt in the wrong, with you having reversed into his door, its usually you who ends up liable, but not always, it depends on his version of events unless ye can get other evidence and/or witnesses which can prove otherwise im afraid.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Crap Day !!!! - 24th Aug 2007 10:59pm
well...if hes like any other person in this world...hes gonna say he was drivin at 2mph.....watchin lambs play in the fields...when all of a sudden...this huge chavved out micra just rammed him for no reason...flames spittin from the exhausts etc...........too much simpsons...anyways....im gonna go bed...before i pass out from sheer frustration
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Crap Day !!!! - 24th Aug 2007 11:00pm
Have you informed your insurance company as yet? Or was it too late when you got home?

Because they will usually tell you your circumstances.

Either way though, inform them asap as they need to know of every accident even if the claim isnt against you.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Crap Day !!!! - 24th Aug 2007 11:02pm
dont worry bout that...rang the insurance company...told em everything that happeend...filled out an incident form..just gotta send it off with pics of damage and things

We aint gonna claim on my car cos the damage is minimal....whereas his car (206 btw) looks like its been in a car wreck...just shows how better built old Nissans are I reckon
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Crap Day !!!! - 24th Aug 2007 11:06pm
Either that, or you have gone in quite hard, or he has been doing a fair old speed.

Doors always bend in very easily anyway, they only take the slightest of touches by another car to give way on the outer part. And the damage tends to look worse then it is lol.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Crap Day !!!! - 24th Aug 2007 11:08pm
yea...good news tho my mate/witness does bodywork....so hes gonna give us an estimate for repair.....if this fellas claim is absurd......complaints will have to be made
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Crap Day !!!! - 25th Aug 2007 12:36am
hate pricks like this.... tho as with all situations (i dont drive btw) u will learn from ur mistakes ... by this i mean getting the crucial details, not u causin the mistake as it dont sound like u were at fault... saying that tho, i wasn't there... 2 people can be at fault and both think they were doing the right thing. hope u manage to get it sorted at minimal cost at least... if anything like this happens again u will be aware to take pics and full details (number plate and surname at least) again tease i watch too much tv i think
Posted By: Mark Re: Crap Day !!!! - 25th Aug 2007 1:11am
Originally Posted by ckb180
yea...good news tho my mate/witness does bodywork....so hes gonna give us an estimate for repair.....if this fellas claim is absurd......complaints will have to be made
the infalated prices come from the insurance quote book. Ive been told in the past that if joe blogs comes in for say a new door, and the job could be say done for £100 all day long, the insurance quote book can say £200 for the same job, and thats why it can be inflated, not by choice. And a insurance company can insist you go to one of there listed reps.

Not too say he's not going to look for the most expensive,
as we all would if we belived it wasnt our fault.

I hope that makes sense??

All's not what it seems all the time i'm saying.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Crap Day !!!! - 25th Aug 2007 1:14am
Well I suppose dependent upon how much your mate rekon's it will cost to repair, it may work out cheaper for you to settle it outside of the insurance system rather then affecting your NCB.

But it's all dependent on how much it costs of course and if they believe you are actually at fault (if its 50/50 it may still work out cheaper, if it can be proven he was at fault then you have nothing to worry about).

smile
Posted By: Pomp Re: Crap Day !!!! - 25th Aug 2007 3:17am
Originally Posted by ckb180
Hi Pomp!!!! is what i would have said earlier had you not looked too late

Yeh I did see ye wave, wasn't expecting to see any one lol. Sorry to hear
bout ye lil accident, hope everything goes smoothly an everthin.
Posted By: jonah Re: Crap Day !!!! - 25th Aug 2007 3:53am
sorry to hear wot happened mate, keep us all informed on the progress...
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Crap Day !!!! - 25th Aug 2007 10:15pm
bought a new left rear light cluster...12 quid.....slapped it on..cant tell th difference except th slight paint missin on bumper.....hes gonna have a much bigger job tho.......gotta fill in the sheet and send it off....finish that tomorrow i think
Posted By: jonah Re: Crap Day !!!! - 26th Aug 2007 10:19am
nice one mate, lets hope he dont take the piss with the claim....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral