Forums
Posted By: Jesmond_Fenech Clio Mk1 Clutch cable - 23rd Aug 2007 6:26am
Hi People,

Yesterday when I was driving back home after a have day at work my clutch cable went off and I arrived at home by miracle.

When I arrived at home I went to buy a new cable so I can replace the old one. I thought it is an easy job as I already changed my gas cable.

But when I came to attach the cable to the pedal I had a big problem as I don't know how it was and all the try’s I did had failed.

I would like some help of how to fit this cable in the pedal and I someone have some pics of something visual this will help me a lot!!!

Thanks for any help!!!

Jesmond from Malta
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Clio Mk1 Clutch cable - 23rd Aug 2007 9:03am
I'm sure someone may be able to help you on here matey.

I dont know much about clutch cables or mk1 clios, sorry frown

If no-one can help, try getting a Haynes manual as there may be answers there.
Posted By: GaryB Re: Clio Mk1 Clutch cable - 23rd Aug 2007 9:39am
I'm not too sure mate, try cliosport.net, they'll help you smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Clio Mk1 Clutch cable - 23rd Aug 2007 3:27pm
Alright mate, if its a Mk1 Clio, I had to do this three times in the past. Its an absolute bitch to do the first time, as ye will now know lol.

Its fiddly to fook, and quite hard to get it on the pedal.

Iirc (i havent done it since last year) you have to release the tension on the cable from the clutch by releasing the last catch on the bell housing, then you have to push the pedal catch upwards as far as it can go, then you need to pull the cable over that.

Theres so little space, its a right bitch to do, but it will go on eventually.

The thing to remeber is its self-adjusting, so you just have to get it on with patience and difficulty, and once its all connected it will set itself after a few depresses.

Good luck fella thumbsup
Posted By: DavidB Re: Clio Mk1 Clutch cable - 27th Aug 2007 9:29am
It's usually held in on the pedal with a spring. Is it just that you can't get it to fit because the space is too short?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral