Forums
Posted By: kenpotaz Wheel Refurbishment - 17th Aug 2007 10:54am
By swerving to avoid some Grr on a mobile phone ploughing into the side of my car, I managed to badly kerb one of my wheels. Does anyone know of a local Company that refurbs magnesium wheels as I really don't want to shell out a load of money on a new set?

Cheers
Taz
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Wheel Refurbishment - 17th Aug 2007 12:06pm
Depends how bad the wheels are and what kind of a repair you want?

Are they split rims?

Try paintworx, they can fill and paint them, even remove / refit the tyre if you want, but if they need welding.....

...you may need to buy a new wheel.
Posted By: kenpotaz Re: Wheel Refurbishment - 25th Sep 2007 12:12pm
Stuy..cheers for pointing me in Paintworx direction. The guys are 'kin magicians!!

They refurbed the wheels, sprayed them and they look like new. Can't even tell that they were damaged...amazin!!

Can't recommend these guys highly enough...

PS. Steve from HAE says hi (never realised that you did a bit of co-driving for him)

Taz
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Wheel Refurbishment - 25th Sep 2007 12:19pm
Originally Posted by kenpotaz
PS. Steve from HAE says hi (never realised that you did a bit of co-driving for him)

Taz

Gald they sorted them out for you smile

Yeah, Know Steve through the Wallasey MC, and I navigated for him on the Northwest Stages this year (Ive just noticed your logo on the bonnet wink ) laugh

I was chatting to him last Monday at the WMC meet, after a bit of a scare, its good to see him on the mend and back out and about smile

This was waiting to go in to Clifton - needless to say at the end of the day the car looked a bit used lol

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Brocks Re: Wheel Refurbishment - 8th Oct 2007 9:32pm
How much to fix this do we reckon?

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/178015/Main/10748/#Post178015

How long did it take? Do I have to take a day off work?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Wheel Refurbishment - 9th Oct 2007 7:43am
Not sure about cost, but you need to leave the wheels with them, it takes a few days, and isnt something that can be done "while u wait"
Posted By: Brocks Re: Wheel Refurbishment - 9th Oct 2007 4:25pm
Any Contact details????
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Wheel Refurbishment - 14th Oct 2007 5:24pm
most places charger £25 per wheel
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: Wheel Refurbishment - 11th Jan 2008 6:07pm
How much do paintworx charge per wheel ? Or would anyone off here fancy doing some wheel refurbing and painting ?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wheel Refurbishment - 11th Jan 2008 8:46pm
Ooooo £25 a wheel... I might get mine done, or maybe get some bad ass wrecked ZS ones on fleabay for a bargain price and get them refurbished lol.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral