Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Neils Starion race car makes 600bhp!!! - 27th Jul 2007 8:33am
Following on from this thread...

After getting the engine in with the 16V head, and getting everything else on and getting it running OK, it needed a trip to Owen Developments (Creators of the FQ400's) to get the MoTec mapped and see what the car would do.

It has produced 400bhp in the past on the old 8V head and T34, but its not hard to get Evos with this set up running 500+bhp.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Heres a photo of the dyno at 1 bar - this is the base map any wet races (Figure is @ fly and on VPower):

[Linked Image]

So then we cranked it up a little, and up to 1.5 bar it went (bhp @ fly and on VPower):

[Linked Image]

A little fine tuning saw:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We then drained the pump fuel from the car, added a little advance in to it, and ran it straight off and got this eek

[Linked Image]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAaWf_JDkEA

Bearing in mind the car is less than 1000kgs and RWD, this could make for very interesting races laugh

Needless to Say Neil (The owner, was very happy), Mark Harrisopn of Owen Delelopments says his Race car (Evo) makes less power but with 1.8 bar (Same Turbo), and was very impressed with the figure from the Starion - we where tempted to push for the 1.8bar figure, but injector duty cycles where nearing their max, so it was decided that 600bhp @ flywheel would suffice if needed laugh
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Neils Starion race car makes 600bhp!!! - 27th Jul 2007 8:33am
...and heres a few other random pics from Owen Developments:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: spinking Re: Neils Starion race car makes 600bhp!!! - 27th Jul 2007 11:31am
Verynice.

I'll race him raftl

Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Neils Starion race car makes 600bhp!!! - 27th Jul 2007 11:55am
quality!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Neils Starion race car makes 600bhp!!! - 15th Sep 2008 11:34am
Sorry for old bumpage, do you still have the old pics available? smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Neils Starion race car makes 600bhp!!! - 15th Sep 2008 2:04pm
Old pics as in 8v head pics, or all pics from this post as they are all old grin ?

Posted By: DavidB Re: Neils Starion race car makes 600bhp!!! - 15th Sep 2008 6:43pm
Any really, I'm just interested in seeing them. Do you know how much has gone into his car so far?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Neils Starion race car makes 600bhp!!! - 15th Sep 2008 7:48pm
Ill have a hunt round and see what I have - he was out racing with us this weekend smile

As for how much ahs gone in to the car - how long is a piece of string think

I wouldnt like to guess how many £1000's and thats before you take in to account the man hours, and testing / development - IIRC the Starion is in about its 10th year (at least) of development....

Its certainly the most powerful in the UK, and I think it may be the only one in the world using an original block with Evo head - though there are a few complete Evo transplants around. Its also got some very rare Mitsubishi works parts fitted from when they raced / rallied them, for example, I belive the gear box is only one of less than 10 ever made omg
Posted By: DavidB Re: Neils Starion race car makes 600bhp!!! - 15th Sep 2008 8:52pm
I was talking about 'the fastest Starion in the world' on another forum, and have posted some pics of his up (linking back to here). There are a load that are fast in a straight line, not sure about round a track though.

[Linked Image]
© Wirral-Wikiwirral