Forums
Posted By: MattLFC The Hamster Ditches Car For Daughter - 23rd Jul 2007 11:12pm
Originally Posted by Digital Spy
Top Gear star Richard Hammond ditched his car and ran 16 miles home so that he could make it in time for his daughter's fourth birthday.

The presenter was driving home to Gloucestershire from London during Friday's storms when he decided to dump his Porsche and get home by foot.

According to The Sun, Hammond put on an old pair of running shoes that he had found in the boot and jogged home at three in the morning.

He arrived at home at 5.30 in the morning ready for his daughter's birthday.

He said: "There was no way I was going to miss it. Luckily I had my waterproof jacket with me in the car so I decided to run the rest of the way. It was pitch black but I just put my iPod on and went."

Haha... I wonder why he wasnt carrying a phone - could have called a mate or a taxi. Gotta love it though grin

Digital Spy Report
Posted By: jonah Re: The Hamster Ditches Car For Daughter - 24th Jul 2007 3:26am
i'd do that too. although i'd walk, not run, cos thats too much like hard work... happy
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: The Hamster Ditches Car For Daughter - 24th Jul 2007 10:53am
I'd do it too.

why did he dump his car though? cas the floods?
Posted By: fordsteve Re: The Hamster Ditches Car For Daughter - 24th Jul 2007 5:10pm
me to good on him thumbsup
Posted By: Pomp Re: The Hamster Ditches Car For Daughter - 24th Jul 2007 5:42pm
Originally Posted by BMW Joe
I'd do it too.

why did he dump his car though? cas the floods?

I wana know why he dumped his car aswel, doesnt say what the reason is frown
I cudnt run 16 miles thats too far
Posted By: fordsteve Re: The Hamster Ditches Car For Daughter - 24th Jul 2007 6:26pm
it was because of the floods got to much to drive so he dumped it
Posted By: DavidB Re: The Hamster Ditches Car For Daughter - 13th Aug 2007 6:27pm
Why didn't he just drive home, or am I missing the point! laugh
Think that crash must've damaged something.
Posted By: fordsteve Re: The Hamster Ditches Car For Daughter - 13th Aug 2007 7:05pm
yer mate could not drive home the flood water was to deep and could not get passed it in his porsche
© Wirral-Wikiwirral