Forums
Posted By: _Ste_ Thermagasket: Does it work? - 21st Jul 2007 10:47pm
Hmmm, just come across this via an advertisement, have any one of you ever heard of it and whats the difference (apart from the price) between this and the stuff we get in the small bottles say from battyre?

Thermagasket <---
smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Thermagasket: Does it work? - 21st Jul 2007 10:51pm
no its shite, if it was this easy, we would all be using it, rather than going through the lenghty procedure of putting in a new gasket !
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Thermagasket: Does it work? - 21st Jul 2007 10:56pm
Dunno if that one works, but their not all shite, K-Seal works, that I know for sure, its used by loads of people on the MGR forums.

smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Thermagasket: Does it work? - 21st Jul 2007 11:05pm
they sort of work for 500miles then break, i have heard that in the long run they do more dasmage than good, they can clog up you engine.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Thermagasket: Does it work? - 21st Jul 2007 11:07pm
Originally Posted by MattyC
Dunno if that one works, but their not all shite, K-Seal works, that I know for sure, its used by loads of people on the MGR forums.

smile

Yeah, i heard that too by quite a few people, just this one seems to do a hell of a lot more ie: repairs cracked heads, i was just wondering wether to bear it in mind for future reference.
Just the expensive price tag, but, it does come with a money back garuntee. smile ?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Thermagasket: Does it work? - 21st Jul 2007 11:10pm
Originally Posted by sanchez
they can clog up you engine.

I wondered that too, with it having ceramic fibres and iron filings in it. frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Thermagasket: Does it work? - 21st Jul 2007 11:15pm
I suppose if you have a cracked head, then a try of it cant do much more damage lol.

The K-Seal doesnt damage anything in the engine or clog it up and people on the MGR forums have run it for 20,000 miles or more. Also, a mechanic on there took an engine apart and took photos to show how it had worked, the engine had done 10,000 with HGF repaired by K-Seal.

I cant see this doing everything it says on the tin so to speak, but its probably worth a try dependent upon price.

smile
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: Thermagasket: Does it work? - 22nd Jul 2007 10:16am
why do people look for cheap fixes to problems. it just causes more problems!
Posted By: jonny boy Re: Thermagasket: Does it work? - 22nd Jul 2007 4:31pm
Originally Posted by steveobennet
why do people look for cheap fixes to problems. it just causes more problems!

X2 theirs no easy solution,

as said before if it was that easy everyone wopuld be doing it.
an egg and all these other additives, can clog up the water channels and ultimately do more damage, leading to warped heads
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: Thermagasket: Does it work? - 22nd Jul 2007 5:58pm
its just these companies that come up with these miracle fixes, theres no such thing! if it needs a new head gasket then fit one!

and don't get me started on that liquid metal that you pour in your engine oil, and it fixes knocking bottom ends, cracked head, etc.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral