Forums
Posted By: Johnny Alan new fiat 500 - 11th Jul 2007 5:35pm
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Am considering purchasing one of these as they look alot of fun, went down to fiat windsors today to get some info, he advised me they will be getting them january next year. He has no idea of prices but I know the sport which I am interested in is 14500 euros about £11000. It is a 1.4 with a 100bhp and around 10sec-60mph not fast but nippy with a top speed of 114mph. What does evryone think?
Posted By: spinking Re: new fiat 500 - 11th Jul 2007 5:44pm
I hav driven one of the old ones and it was alot of fun.

Arnt you alittle tall for one of these raftl
Posted By: MattLFC Re: new fiat 500 - 11th Jul 2007 5:48pm
I wonder if they intended the cheap tacky plastic look on the dasboard?? Looks like something that we used to make in scondary school DT lmao!
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: new fiat 500 - 11th Jul 2007 5:51pm
Originally Posted by MattyC
I wonder if they intended the cheap tacky plastic look on the dasboard?? Looks like something that we used to make in scondary school DT lmao!

Tell me what is your dash board made out of?At the end of the day its only £11000 new for the top sort model and if I wanted wood then I might have to save a bit more and get a bently. Tupac it suppose to be quite roomy inside I think they just have a cramped rear. Just to add it has a microsoft designed entertainment system, 7 airbags, traction control, stability control.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: new fiat 500 - 11th Jul 2007 6:01pm
Oh damn lol, we all know what electronics in Italian cars are like to begin with, with Microsoft involved, its a recipe for disaster.

Yeah, most cars are made out of plastic, but most dont look so tacky. Dont take offence at this opinion, cos thats what it is, an opinion.

wink
Posted By: fordsteve Re: new fiat 500 - 11th Jul 2007 6:46pm
looks alright mate as you say for that sort of money for to spec is not to bad
Posted By: Mark Re: new fiat 500 - 11th Jul 2007 7:12pm
Last time i seen one like that it only had 3 wheels.

But it looks fun,
especially with your mega smile face in there lol
Posted By: AX_125 Re: new fiat 500 - 11th Jul 2007 7:35pm
looks a little like a Nissan Micra.

Wouldn't buy one myself but it is a nice quirky little thing
Posted By: CustomIce Re: new fiat 500 - 11th Jul 2007 7:43pm
Offspring of a micra and new beetle, not a fan of the looks at all! Just my opinion tho.

11K, you could get more car, with warranty, second hand!
Posted By: jonny boy Re: new fiat 500 - 11th Jul 2007 7:51pm
Originally Posted by CustomIce

x2

BUT

if i had the money (realistically, not dream world) to go and buy a new car tmoz i'd get either a lupo GTi or a new shape civic, no particular reason, (dunno specs etc etc) other than i like the way they look

ps i do like the fiat, but its like all these new re-makes...... you cant beat the originals
Posted By: CustomIce Re: new fiat 500 - 11th Jul 2007 7:57pm
i do like the fiat, but its like all these new re-makes...... you cant beat the originals

I'll second that!

Mini especially!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: new fiat 500 - 11th Jul 2007 7:58pm
Originally Posted by CustomIce

Lol, thinkin about it like that, for less then £1000 ye can get a lot more power and better car, without a warranty, but with £10,000 saved to cover yaself lmao!

And im pretty sure Mr Customice could do a better system then the one built into the Fiat for a couple of grand loooool.

Its not exactly pushing the record books performance wise hehe.
Posted By: CustomIce Re: new fiat 500 - 11th Jul 2007 8:25pm
laugh too right Matty!
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: new fiat 500 - 11th Jul 2007 10:04pm
does nothing for me. wheres the sprit, essence or compassion. its just anther car to clog the road. also its foreign. italian supercars are pretty good, but fiat don't make supercars.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: new fiat 500 - 11th Jul 2007 10:07pm
Originally Posted by steveobennet
but fiat don't make supercars.

Sorry, but are you seriously suggesting Ferrari and Maserati arn't supercars??

wink
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: new fiat 500 - 11th Jul 2007 10:16pm
who said fiat are supercars?, it just an hot hatch like the lupo gti and c2 vts etc. The system might not be as chav as a boom box in the boot, I have been down this route before with my punto having a 120db rockford fosgate stage 2 punch fitted into a custom enclosure but I dnt want that kind of thing any more. This is just a nice sporty little car for me to travel to and from wrexham every day covering 30000 miles a year. So realisticly I cant see a £1000 car be of any benefit to me?
Posted By: Waddi Re: new fiat 500 - 11th Jul 2007 11:00pm
get a smart car...
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: new fiat 500 - 11th Jul 2007 11:27pm
wouldn't call it a hot hatch, more a sunday car.

hell you might like its quirky styling and re-invention of the classic, but it does nout for me.

ferrari and maserati only make buses.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: new fiat 500 - 12th Jul 2007 12:10am
bit unfair that...LTI2020...not very constructive critiscism id say...ok..its not my cup of tea, or yours so it would seem....but i think itll look quite good on th road..add a bit of spice to what you see out and about..as opposed to dreary mondoes and th like...bit like those weird convertable things i can never remember th name of..that are pretty much micras....look bad...ud never want one...but for some reason you enjoy seein em drive about...
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: new fiat 500 - 12th Jul 2007 5:06pm
Originally Posted by LTI2020
omg! its camper than a row of tents and a handbag full of rainbows put together!!!
its hideous!!!
Id rather walk than be seen dead even near one let alone confessing to having been in one!
(kinda guess id be seeking counselling if id admitted to owning one too!)
If you gave me one id sell it and buy a something else!
Youd have to have no respect for yourself as a car fan to buy that shed...in fact it would improve it by cuttin the roof off and painting it yellow!
have i made my point yet?

To be honest you oppinion doesnt bother me the slightest, I picture you a bit of a gimp who sits at a computer all day with ya milk bottle glasses who has nothing better to do looking at the length of your post. I personaly think it a stylish car capable of 90mpg, 0-60mph in 10.5 sec, 115mph lower tax bracket a sensible car to go to work in. Please dont be gay enough to reply as I am not interested in your view. p.s find yourself a girl freind before you start talking about camp you pric k
Posted By: Waddi Re: new fiat 500 - 12th Jul 2007 5:31pm
handbags at dawn
Posted By: Pomp Re: new fiat 500 - 12th Jul 2007 8:14pm
Lol That fiat looks alrite in my oppinion, am not sure about other fiat's but driving the Fiat Panda is excellent! feels like bumpin cars except obviously u dont bump. Steerin is dead loose an just feels gd to drive so i would think that new fiat would be the same. Interia is gd they've got the same plastic type design in the Panda aswel but i like it from lookin at them pics of that new fiat.

I wudnt have that as my main car but i wouldnt mind driving it as steveobennet sez a sunday car. Be gd for a weekend drive-about.
Posted By: Waddi Re: new fiat 500 - 12th Jul 2007 11:37pm
Im not going to give my opinion incase it is wrong and I get a personal attack thrust upon me
Posted By: MattLFC Re: new fiat 500 - 12th Jul 2007 11:47pm
Originally Posted by Waddi
Im not going to give my opinion incase it is wrong and I get a personal attack thrust upon me

how can your opinion be wrong?...its YOUR opinion!!!
thats the point of free speech!

Ditto smile
Posted By: learner Re: new fiat 500 - 13th Jul 2007 5:37am

how can your opinion be wrong?...its YOUR opinion!!!
thats the point of free speech!

If everyones giving there own free speech, i think your a tit. and needs to get a life!!! let see what car you drive, you probably borrow your mum cars when shes off at the weekend.

Am not the only member thinking this!!
Posted By: learner Re: new fiat 500 - 13th Jul 2007 5:39am

you have already giving your opinion, no-one is having a go!!! you could either say you like the car or you dont not that its camp!!! theres my opinion of a fair comment!!! dont you think doh
Posted By: learner Re: new fiat 500 - 13th Jul 2007 5:43am
[quote=Johnny Alan][quote=LTI2020]omg! its camper than a row of tents and a handbag full of rainbows put together!!!
its hideous!!!
Id rather walk than be seen dead even near one let alone confessing to having been in one!
(kinda guess id be seeking counselling if id admitted to owning one too!)
If you gave me one id sell it and buy a something else!
Youd have to have no respect for yourself as a car fan to buy that shed...in fact it would improve it by cuttin the roof off and painting it yellow!
have i made my point yet?

You have said your self on this meesage 'has no respect for yourself' if you wanna get personal you will have to meet up with him then!!!!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: new fiat 500 - 13th Jul 2007 7:57am
I dont like it - I think it looks like its been designed by girls for girls coffee

I think there are more masculine, better fun, superminis out there...
Posted By: Waddi Re: new fiat 500 - 13th Jul 2007 7:58am
To be honest If I post something and ask if people like it or not, I want to know the reason for their opinion and If someone said it was camp or chavvy etc, I would accept their opinion not attack them for giving an opinion I didnt want to hear. I personally thank LTI2020 for a honest opinion, he tells it how it is.

for the record, I like the fiat from a retro style point of view, but wouldnt drive/buy one, I'd go for a Suzuki Swift or a smart car.

As for the microsoft designed entertainment System, does this mean it wont be i-pod compatable, I wouldnt put it past them!

a bit off topic but just to lighten the mood off this thread:

if microsoft made cars:
1. For no reason whatsoever your car would crash twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines on the road you would have to
buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason,
and you would just accept this, restart and drive on.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn, would cause
your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would
have to reinstall the engine.

5. Only one person at a time could use the car, unless you bought
"Car95" or "CarNT." But then you would have to buy more seats.

6. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, reliable,
five times as fast, and twice as easy to drive, but would only run
on five per cent of the roads.

7. The oil, water temperature and alternator warning lights would be
replaced by a single "general car default" warning light.

8. New seats would force everyone to have the same size butt.

9. The airbag system would say "Are you sure?" before going off.

10. Occasionally for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out
and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the
door handle, turned the key, and grab hold of the radio antenna.

11. GM would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of
Rand McNally road maps (now a GM subsidiary), even though they
neither need them nor want them. Attempting to delete this option
would immediately cause the car's performance to diminish by 50% or
more. Moreover, GM would become a target for investigation by the
Justice Department.

12. Everytime GM introduced a new model car buyers would have to learn
how to drive all over again because none of the controls would
operate in the same manner as the old car.

13. You'd press the "start" button to shut off the engine.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: new fiat 500 - 13th Jul 2007 8:02am

for the record, I like the fiat from a retro style point of view, but wouldnt drive/buy one, I'd go for a Suzuki Swift ...

....sport - thats where my money would be for a car like this wink
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: new fiat 500 - 15th Jul 2007 2:33pm
heres a link to the fiat 500 abarth runing a 1.6 turbo, 0-60 in 5.8 secs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3rAX0J1UOg&eurl=
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: new fiat 500 - 15th Jul 2007 2:47pm
It's something different, but personally, I don't like the look of it, and I probably wouldn't spend my money on it.
Posted By: jonny boy Re: new fiat 500 - 15th Jul 2007 5:21pm
now that one looks pretty smart, big set of wheels, and your done, happy days
Posted By: CustomIce Re: new fiat 500 - 16th Jul 2007 6:47pm
Arbarth have always managed to make something pretty impressive from tiny little Fiats, they're kind of the John Cooper of the fiat world!
Posted By: w10694 Re: new fiat 500 - 24th Feb 2009 4:23pm
I have one, a 1.2 Lounge, it's great. Fiat have always been good at small cars, and crap at anything bigger. I've had loads of bigger, faster cars, and it's more fun than all of them. Lot's of other people must agree, because the 500's are flying out of the showrooms, just ask Windsors (and I have no connections). Ask your local dealer if they are anywhere near their targets, and ask Windsors how much above their targets they are. Err, how many Suzuki Swifts are selling........Corsas.......what happened to the Peugeot dealer.........Hondas.......

The motoring world is changing.

I only bought it for fun, and because I can afford to. I have other cars for mundane transport. The wife has just bought a new model Jazz, and the 500 is every bit as well made, and assembled, and as quiet, the materials are just as good, and it's as easy to drive. It's a different car, sold to different customers than a Jazz, but the quality is the same. Who is building the new Ford Ka ?

If you want to talk quality, ask me about my Civic Diesel, it performs, but the quality is back in the Morris Marina era.

As to Ipod compatibility - yes, but only if you use Your Ipod as a disk device - you would never expect Microsoft to support an Apple product would you ? - (the new Jazz wins there - totally compatible). The Windows Mobile does however do pretty good audio, bluetooth connectivity and it's very neat EcoDrive where it saves your journeys onto a memory stick.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: new fiat 500 - 24th Feb 2009 4:37pm
When you are talking about build quality, usually in the first few years, there tends to be very little difference in new cars. Look 10 years into the future, the Honda's, Toyotas and Suzukis are likely to still be running causing very few problems, wheras the Fiats, vauxhalls etc are likely to have quite big problems.

Don't get me wrong, i love the new 500, but if you are buying a car over 6 years old and you need it to be reliable, it has got to be Jap.
Posted By: Dave100e Re: new fiat 500 - 24th Feb 2009 7:47pm
I was a bit excited to see one but theyve just whored it out like a new mini or beetle. Lost interest now.

The Essesse should be interesting but im not expecting much. For a start the engine is in the wrong place and you can close the bonnet. Whats the point in that? Wheres the italian masdness gone? smile smile smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral