Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Ferrari 456GT ESTATE!!!! - 28th Jun 2007 1:47pm
Only 7 of these cars were ever built. Six of them went to the man who put in the original order, Prince Jeffrey of Brunei. omg

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Personally, I quite like it smile
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Ferrari 456GT ESTATE!!!! - 28th Jun 2007 3:58pm
Very cool! 4WD or RWD?
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Ferrari 456GT ESTATE!!!! - 28th Jun 2007 4:13pm
shite
Posted By: Mark Re: Ferrari 456GT ESTATE!!!! - 28th Jun 2007 4:19pm
Personally, I dunno ?

it looks okay until you know its a Ferrari
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Ferrari 456GT ESTATE!!!! - 28th Jun 2007 4:42pm
unsure on that one think it looks ok
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Ferrari 456GT ESTATE!!!! - 28th Jun 2007 5:15pm
no don't like it.
Posted By: Pomp Re: Ferrari 456GT ESTATE!!!! - 28th Jun 2007 6:20pm
i agree, does not look right
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Ferrari 456GT ESTATE!!!! - 28th Jun 2007 6:39pm
looks like ferrari have gien the car to the estate department of ford mondeo and said " hey cheap asses, do some thing with that !"
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Ferrari 456GT ESTATE!!!! - 28th Jun 2007 6:40pm
Originally Posted by sanchez
looks like ferrari have gien the car to the estate department of ford mondeo and said " hey cheap asses, do some thing with that !"

raftl quality!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Ferrari 456GT ESTATE!!!! - 28th Jun 2007 6:58pm
The link says evnerything from the "A" pillar back has to be redesigned by Pininfarina, and the 7th one is for sale in a London showroom for about £500,000 omg

I guess the body shape is far from traditional Ferrari, but as far as an estate car goes I think they have done a really good job - but then I do have a think for some estate versions of cars grin

(RWD btw)
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Ferrari 456GT ESTATE!!!! - 28th Jun 2007 7:02pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac
but then I do have a think for some estate versions of cars grin

I was gunna say, trust you to like it!

Just does not look right especially from the side...long sporty front & bonnet, with the bulky back end of an estate.

looks like a cut 'n' shut lol
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Ferrari 456GT ESTATE!!!! - 28th Jun 2007 7:02pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac

but then I do have a think for some estate versions of cars grin

(RWD btw)

you ain t wrong there gay boy
Posted By: krisGTi Re: Ferrari 456GT ESTATE!!!! - 28th Jun 2007 7:04pm
looks crap...wat was Ferrari thinkin
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Ferrari 456GT ESTATE!!!! - 28th Jun 2007 8:03pm
Originally Posted by kris 06
looks crap...wat was Ferrari thinkin

Ferrari didnt build it. Pininfarina built it on a commission from The Sultan of Bruni - Ferrari only built the donor 456 its derived from smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Ferrari 456GT ESTATE!!!! - 1st Jul 2007 12:49am
I think its sweet as fook, its lent a LOT of its styling from the cars that Pininfarina designed for Alfa Romeo and Ferrari in the 80's/early 90's.

All those who say its pooh simply because its a Ferrari, if you drive a better and more prestigious car, then you have every right to say its pooh cos its a Ferrari, otherwise you are making me laugh at you.

Unfortunatly Stuy, people on this forum dont understand the concept of beautiful Italian design, Pininfarina are quite probably the very best Italian car design firm (the Alfa GTV and the Fezza 550/575 were amazing designs, not forgetting of course my fave car of all time, the Testarossa!!).

They also probably dont like Ferrari cos they will never have the luxury of owning one lol.

Personally, I think its mint. I dont care if it has a Ferrari badge on it or not, it has the 456 V12 sitting under its bonnet, people can rave about their Vauxhalls and Beemers all they want, they aint gonna touch this thing grin

On top all this of course... its the only Estate ever built by Ferrari - driving this would be like being an exclusive member of the exclusive members club lmao!!
Posted By: Pomp Re: Ferrari 456GT ESTATE!!!! - 1st Jul 2007 2:29am
Matty you say you dont care if it has a Ferrari badge on it or not but then you go on about it being a Ferrari.

Am not looking at it cuz its a Ferrari am looking at it because of its style and how its made. I think the Ferrari's are excellent cars but am judging it by the style and design and maybe am not really into Estate cars.

On what you wrote above you seem to judge it because it is a Ferrari.

What if Ferrari gave vauxhall or bmw permission to make that? wud u still have the same oppinion? you might do because it is a Ferrari after all.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Ferrari 456GT ESTATE!!!! - 1st Jul 2007 2:47am
Lol, its not like any other estate though, the design in amazing. I certainly cant recall a BMW or Vauxhall estate that has looked anywhere near as good as it.

The point im getting at is its an estate yes, but its a beautiful design made by a legendary design company. The chassis is Ferrari, the engine and ancillary components are all Ferrari.

Lol, the chances of BMW or Vauxhall's in house design teams ever being able to make an estate look as smooth and sporty as this, is extremely unlikely.

And at the end of the day it would (hopefully) still be a Ferrari at heart, so yes I would still probably love it, so long as the design wasnt like that of a PT Cruiser ugliness standards lol.

But this thread isnt about what shite the likes of BMW and Vauxhall pour out of their design studio's, its about the beauty and extremely exclusiveness of this car, the ONLY estate ever made under the Ferrari badge.

Im mainly peeved because people are saying things along the lines of its good but its a Ferrari, as if they drive something better!

Ferrari is the epitamy of style and performance, this car reflects both, the fact that Pininfarina designed the outer shell and modified the chassis mean JACK SHIT, because they are solely responsible for the design of such cars like the Ferrari Enzo/F60, F40, 612 etc, so are people going to say these arnt really Ferrari's??

No, they are not wink
Posted By: krisGTi Re: Ferrari 456GT ESTATE!!!! - 1st Jul 2007 10:17am
Originally Posted by MattyC
They also probably dont like Ferrari cos they will never have the luxury of owning one lol.

does that meen that i dont like every other make of car that i will never have the luxury of owning?

and yes i do like ferrari i just dont like this car
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Ferrari 456GT ESTATE!!!! - 1st Jul 2007 10:30pm
i dont like ferraris..simple as....i do agree that some people may find them things of beauty etc but i think its mainly the premise of their performance that people like them, or that people percieve them as being something to aim for in life... i however find them vulgar, specially that estate....ive never even been a major fan of any supercar..except the Mclaren F1...youve gotta ask yourself..when are you gonna be able to unleash the ferraris performance...its like 4x4s.....the majority of people who own them will never use them as they were intended for

Italian designs are superior to any car nationalitys tho...perfect example..the new Alfa 159....pure beauty

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Ferrari 456GT ESTATE!!!! - 1st Jul 2007 10:47pm
Yes, the Alfa 159 is an absolute work of art, there isnt another car currently in production that comes anywhere near even matching its beauty.

It is of course, based on the Brera concept, which was so admired it has gone direct from concept to reality almost unchanged.

Having said that though, you could see clearly that Alfa were going towards this styling in the 156 MkII and slightly in the 147/166 MkII.

Even the rear of the Brera concept is that of beauty, heres a photo of one I took in Amsterdam... admire:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Ferrari 456GT ESTATE!!!! - 1st Jul 2007 10:53pm
see.....alfas...just absolutely gorgeous..its like they said on TopGear...anyone who likes cars will own an alfa at some point in their life...ull spend half th time under the bonnet....but its still an alfa
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Ferrari 456GT ESTATE!!!! - 2nd Jul 2007 12:33am
Hehe my dads alfa (164 super 3.0 24v V6) very rarely has anything ever go wrong under the bonnet... its expensive to maintain though, servicing etc costs a bomb, and no garages in Hereford (were he lives) specialize in Alfa's, so he has to take it to Gloucester to get anything done lol!

But yes, they are a drivers car, he loves em. He currently has a an 3.0 XJ6 and a Volvo V70 (dont both asking about why a Volvo... long story lol) but prefers driving the Alfa over both of them (and this is someone brought up on Jags).

Here is what me dads car looks like (although it has the standard Alfa alloys, no blingy ones lol):
[Linked Image]

Which actually led to the Alfa Proteo concept:
[Linked Image]

Which ultimately led to the Alfa GTV/Spider:
[Linked Image]

And.... all were designed by Pininfarina grin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral