Forums
Posted By: Mark Road Tax Warning - 19th Mar 2007 7:17pm
Watch out gas guzzlers?

Road Tax is set to go Stupid for the gas guzzlers !
At this weeks budget?
Or When ever it is.

Posted By: Sanchez Re: Road Tax Warning - 19th Mar 2007 7:21pm
distusting in every way shape and form, im fuckking off from this contry soon. its disgusting, tax just take s the piss, fair enough i don t mind paying tax, providing thats its getting spent wizely, but it aint so whats the fookin point, 'oh here gorden brown, please take some of my money to give to chavs and immigrants and big stupid domes and a war in another country and a stadium to watch people run and shit', this country is a tit.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Road Tax Warning - 19th Mar 2007 7:56pm
Originally Posted by sanchez
distusting in every way shape and form, im fuckking off from this contry soon. its disgusting, tax just take s the piss, fair enough i don t mind paying tax, providing thats its getting spent wizely, but it aint so whats the fookin point, 'oh here gorden brown, please take some of my money to give to chavs and immigrants and big stupid domes and a war in another country and a stadium to watch people run and shit', this country is a tit.

ide like to second that. noonoo
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Road Tax Warning - 19th Mar 2007 11:33pm
To be fair, if people have the money to waste on their 20mpg and less gas guzzlers, then £400 a year is nothing to them is it really??

wink
Posted By: Wheels Re: Road Tax Warning - 19th Mar 2007 11:36pm
Originally Posted by MattyC
To be fair, if people have the money to waste on their 20mpg and less gas guzzlers, then £400 a year is nothing to them is it really??

wink

well i do drive one and i dont have the money. hand
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Road Tax Warning - 19th Mar 2007 11:37pm
get a more economical car that you can afford to tax then wink

Dunno if im missing something here, but that seems a pretty simple and basic part of life to me.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Road Tax Warning - 19th Mar 2007 11:37pm
what classes as a gas guzzler?

I just keep hearing 4x4's will be getting taxed.

Buy what about 1.6l 4x4's?

Surely some are more economical than some cars?
Posted By: Wheels Re: Road Tax Warning - 19th Mar 2007 11:40pm
get a more economical car that you can afford to tax then wink

Dunno if im missing something here, but that seems a pretty simple and basic part of life to me.

I've had it 3weeks. idiot
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Road Tax Warning - 19th Mar 2007 11:42pm
Lol, lets all remove the worry of taxation and petrol etc, the cheapest way to get about is walking, anywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.

Mind you if we all started walking, they would start taxing us per metre within a few weeks guaranteed!!!

smile
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Road Tax Warning - 30th Mar 2007 11:30am
Lol, lets all remove the worry of taxation and petrol etc, the cheapest way to get about is walking, anywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.

smile

Useful matty, most people don't have the time tho do they! smile
There are peole out there who really need 4x4s with large eingines and they earn only a little to boot. Farmers are gonna get F'd over once again by the government!
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Road Tax Warning - 30th Mar 2007 11:43am
But where is the line that classes you car as a gas guzzler?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Road Tax Warning - 30th Mar 2007 11:55am
Originally Posted by CustomIce

smile

Useful matty, most people don't have the time tho do they! smile
There are peole out there who really need 4x4s with large eingines and they earn only a little to boot. Farmers are gonna get F'd over once again by the government!

At the end of the day, if ye can't afford to run the vehicle, ye can't afford to run it, simple as. Most farmers who are real farmers drive defenders anyway, not these plastic pieces of crap that your average footballer and gangsta wannabe drives, and I can't really see them being defined as gas guzzlers. Anyone who drives a Defender imho is driving it because they need it for whatever reason, and should not be punished for doing so, 99.9% of people would not choose to drive one out of choice.

smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Road Tax Warning - 30th Mar 2007 1:51pm
To be fair its a bit harsh calling it road tax then.

Road tax implies it is to cover damage to roads - which 4x4s do, as they are heavier.

Sports cars do less damage to the road but are punished for their mpg.

Environment tax would a better name, though dont we already pay enough tax on the fuel - which, at the end of the day will be relitive to the amount of fuel you use?
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: Road Tax Warning - 30th Mar 2007 3:40pm
thank god i own a tiny car, with a measly 1.3l engine
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Road Tax Warning - 30th Mar 2007 4:06pm
1.3L...RX8 anyone?

Defenders quoted combined is 28.2 mpg so not fantastic.

Matty, come on stop siding with this goverment as they have a habbit of destroying the systems that were working. NHS on its way to serious problems, prisons at bursting point, illegal immigrants and sex offenders disappearing, need i continue.

People could afford to run the cars they had when the tax was lower, its been a bit of a surprise and has landed lots of people in it. And without sounding like i'm having a go mate, get off that high horse!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Road Tax Warning - 30th Mar 2007 5:05pm
Originally Posted by CustomIce
1.3L...RX8 anyone?

Defenders quoted combined is 28.2 mpg so not fantastic.

Matty, come on stop siding with this goverment as they have a habbit of destroying the systems that were working. NHS on its way to serious problems, prisons at bursting point, illegal immigrants and sex offenders disappearing, need i continue.

People could afford to run the cars they had when the tax was lower, its been a bit of a surprise and has landed lots of people in it. And without sounding like i'm having a go mate, get off that high horse!

I won't ever side with a Labour government (certainly not this one) on anything, but it doesnt matter who is in power, taxes are something we as a developed western nation have to expect. We can't really moan too much about them, because every time we need to go to the doctors or the hospital, or our children need to schooling etc, we get it.

Im not agreeing wholely on which cars should be taxed, and certainly dont like the way a lot of the tax is spent (well, to be truthful, wasted).

But at the end of the day, as many people know, really I want an MR2 but at the present moment in time, I cannot really aford to insure it, so I can't afford it, so I don't have one, pretty simple imho. I don't want to live beyond my means. Some people choose to have 4x4's that see 21mpg if they are lucky some of them, they run them about as though they are as economical as Lund's mini, so at the end of the day an extra couple of hundred quid won't bother them. And if it does, like everything in life, if there comes a time you suddenly can't afford a certain standard of living, for whatever reason, you make comprimises, one way or another, so that you can afford to live.

And yes, it is strongly influenced by the eco-warriors in Brussels, something I strongly don't agree with, for the simple reason, whilst it may be cutting global warming, it is also impacting on global dimming, which is in a way a saving grace from global warming, even if it might only last a few hundred years.

I knwo your not avin a go matey, and you raise some good points and its a good debate, its just I am slightly inclined to agree with the government on this one, but don't let that be seen as me loving them hehe cos their nob's the lot of them.

smile

PS. Talking of car tax, I just felt it, had to tax me car today and got to the counter and was told the price had gone up £3.00 from what the notification said lmao.
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Road Tax Warning - 2nd Apr 2007 8:34am
I knwo your not avin a go matey, and you raise some good points and its a good debate, its just I am slightly inclined to agree with the government on this one, but don't let that be seen as me loving them hehe cos their nob's the lot of them.

Fair enough Mate

Does anyone actually know which 'sports' cars are going to get hit, is it anything over 4 cylinders?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral