Forums
Posted By: Pomp New car - 22nd Feb 2007 4:47pm
Recently my cars been having an oil leak from the engine an i took it to the garage and they sed straight away after i let erm see the engine that it would of been the head gasket had gone an that the rubber bit had split (reason for oil leakin). So am probably gona get a new car this sunday but not too sure yet so this is where you lot play the part lol.

Which car do you think i should get and it should be around £2,000 - £3,000 area and is not too old about an 05 reg.

List the cars lol jst to get me an idea.
What are your recommendations?

Thnks smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: New car - 22nd Feb 2007 4:51pm
I think they are pulling your leg mate with a rubber head gasket raftl

The rocker cover gasket is rubber, but a really easy job, and I wouldnt have thought (even if it is the HG) that its worth getting rid of for think
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: New car - 22nd Feb 2007 5:11pm
Havent you thought of taking it to another garage and seeing what they say? or asking one of these lovely lads have a quick look at it lol
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: New car - 22nd Feb 2007 7:01pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac
I think they are pulling your leg mate with a rubber head gasket raftl

The rocker cover gasket is rubber, but a really easy job, and I wouldnt have thought (even if it is the HG) that its worth getting rid of for think

Do what Stuy and Izzy said....take it somewhere else and get a second opinion sounds as if its the rocker cover gasket though, especially if its visably leaking from near the top.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: New car - 22nd Feb 2007 7:04pm
Pomp just bought the car to mine and I had a quick look, and from where Pomp was showing me where the guy was pointing, its not on the Cylinder head anyway. I rekon he should take it for a second opinion anyway.

Its not the rocker gasket though peeps, thats for sure.

Either way you know my thoughts about a new car anyway, get a Civic or summit. Can't believe you don't think it would be worth £300 to repair your 206 though matey, I mean given the mileage and condition of it, its surely worth £1500+.

smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: New car - 22nd Feb 2007 7:19pm
Yeah, if it's something worth fixing, get it done. It's a nice car.

However, if you do decide to buy another, do as Matty says and get a civic.

I'd love to have a civic instead of my beemer in terms of reliability and costs (but probably not style).
Posted By: Pomp Re: New car - 22nd Feb 2007 7:41pm
Oooh thnks for the comments, i will see how it goes. Not my idea tho to get rid of the car, been driving it more then a yr an i love it to bits lol altho i wud love to get meself a civic hehehe.

Thats why am confused cuz there aint another car i like except the civic and this could be a reason for me to lose the car lol. I drove me cousins civic 1.4i b4 an its quite a nice drive and he has never had a problem with it since he has had it so i duno lol.

So its either get it fixed or go for a civic
Posted By: Mark Re: New car - 22nd Feb 2007 8:07pm
How about getting it fixed and then going for somting else.

But ive just been talking to matty
and he say's it the rocker cover that's leaking

WHICH IS NOT A REASON TO GET RID OF.

Your car's fine, pomperdillo

Stop panicing.

New rocker cover gasket £3 - £5
Tools Required
10mm socket
Screwdriver to scrap off any shite
A friend as you will need someone to point
you too the very top of the engine.

I very much doubt from what your saying and what matty has seen
its serious at all.
Posted By: Pomp Re: New car - 22nd Feb 2007 8:54pm
tease am not panicing lol, jst wanted views of wot cars r gd if i decided i wanted to change.
Posted By: Matty GTI Re: New car - 23rd Feb 2007 12:40am
get somethin with a bit of power mate, lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: New car - 25th Feb 2007 6:19pm
Did you get a new car matey?

wink
Posted By: scoop Re: New car - 25th Feb 2007 7:05pm
new rocker gasket from LVW, pittence, new head gasket from peugeot (or LVW), not too much, fitting (ideally by a friend) free, fitting by a garage, couple of hundred quid max
Posted By: Pomp Re: New car - 26th Feb 2007 6:44pm
Originally Posted by MattyC
Did you get a new car matey?

wink

No not yet am jst leavin it to sit around for nw, might take a peep at the prenton motors company and as they do exchanges i mite see how mch i cud get off.

Originally Posted by scoop2004
new rocker gasket from LVW, pittence, new head gasket from peugeot (or LVW), not too much, fitting (ideally by a friend) free, fitting by a garage, couple of hundred quid max

Hmm yeah i cud do that but mums payin for most things lol so last year it cost £600 for repairs!!!! and now the car needs another repair lol so me mums getin fed up about repairin the car haha so am not too botherd about it aslong as its a decent one and either 1.4 or higher.
Posted By: scoop Re: New car - 26th Feb 2007 6:57pm
good point pomp,its a cursed car,get rid or it'll just be a money pit, get it running fine tho and u'll see a good trade in price for it,try and trade it in broken adn i reckon u'll get next to fook all
Posted By: Pomp Re: New car - 26th Feb 2007 7:13pm
yeh ok, i will keep you all updated about whats gona happen so if i get a new car i'll post it up smile
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: New car - 26th Feb 2007 8:50pm
get a civic!!! you wont regret it!!!
Posted By: Matty GTI Re: New car - 27th Feb 2007 12:36am
dont whatever you do trade wiv the prenton motor company!!!!! av lernt me lesson there so dont want u 2 make the same mistake

ah hell, go buy me old corsa, lmao
Posted By: Pomp Re: New car - 27th Feb 2007 7:30pm
lol, whats wrong with prenton motor company? Do they giv crap trade deals
Posted By: scoop Re: New car - 27th Feb 2007 7:36pm
what sorta car u looking for exactly pomp, small medium large, fast slow,comfy,sporty?
Posted By: DavidB Re: New car - 27th Feb 2007 8:19pm
The rubber seal under the rocker gasket dries out after about 10 years and the pressure pushes oil out.

Don't get a cheap motor factor one!!! They are always odd size, and inferior quality, they will leak as soon as you put it on!!! Get one from your official parts dealer (whatever your car is).
Posted By: Scooby Re: New car - 27th Feb 2007 8:41pm
Originally Posted by Pomp
Which car do you think i should get and it should be around £2,000 - £3,000 area and is not too old about an 05 reg.

Mate, i hate to piss on your bonfire but a 2005 car for £2k - £3k ...... Maybe a Fiat 126 or simillar, i dont even think Daewoo do a car that cheap......
Posted By: Pomp Re: New car - 27th Feb 2007 9:25pm
oops lol i wasnt thinkin of buyin private, was thinkin more of a trade type. Cuz i wanted to get rid of mine and trade so that sud get it down 1-1.5k making it 3.5k or more ish but i get wot u mean.

Think i got the msg across wrong lol.
Posted By: Matty GTI Re: New car - 27th Feb 2007 10:12pm
Originally Posted by Pomp
lol, whats wrong with prenton motor company? Do they giv crap trade deals

ther wankas mate, wankas, dont do it ya fooooooooooool
© Wirral-Wikiwirral