Forums
Posted By: Garry_St thinking of buying this??? - 13th Feb 2007 7:47pm
85 Nissan silvia 1.8 turbo s12

this is a rear chance to own a true drifter,fantastic engine that pulls like a train.this car is seriously quick because of the light shell.the back has been striped out aswell.

it will keep up with evos and they dont have a clue what this car is.the car comes with k and n induction kit, scorpion dtm exhaust which is in a bit of a state and really a new exhaust woukd look better.just had a service and gaskets changed on maifold and head.gold rocker cover with red turbo pipe and comes with tax and mot.the engine is bullet proof.

there is a couple of problems however.the turbo needs reconditioning or replacing as its smoking, the bodywork needs some attention,nothing too major.the handbrake stickes a little on cold morings but loosens up when driven.after all it is 22 odd years old so has done pritty well in my opinion.i see no reason for this car not to pass mot once the turbo is sorted.this car turns heads all over the place,especially at car shows where people know what it is.the car is similar to the ae86 and can be made to look identical to the car in INITIAL D.

the car can be drive but i would seriously recomend having it towed or trailered away.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
any thoughts thanks
Posted By: Wheels Re: thinking of buying this??? - 13th Feb 2007 8:29pm
love the idea. i guess it depends on how much is being asked for it?.
Posted By: spinking Re: thinking of buying this??? - 13th Feb 2007 8:30pm
I am thinking of getting one while my cars off the road.

Get one matey then we can all go dori mad in are S cars raftl
Posted By: CustomIce Re: thinking of buying this??? - 13th Feb 2007 8:44pm
Defintely depends on the price, but seems like a reasonable idea. But old cars can be a right pain in the 4rse (i know!)
Posted By: StuyMac Re: thinking of buying this??? - 14th Feb 2007 1:01am
CA18ET motor, same as the 200's but single cam, 130bhp IIRC, so no evo beater, and no LSD without a lot of faffing round, however, if its the right price, a T25, t28, t3 can be fitted easily instead of the T25 (which needs doing anyways) it could be a fun little car.

Have a listen for bottom end noise if you look at it, as the cranks can suffer the same fate as the DET engine.

£2-300 if theres a decent test on it smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: thinking of buying this??? - 14th Feb 2007 8:25am
This one wink

If it doesnt go above £250..... and in London...

Nice paint job on the manifold too, thats gonna last wink

Wouldnt bother matey, there are ceaper ones around that that. I paid £150 for one about 3 years ago.....
Posted By: Garry_St Re: thinking of buying this??? - 14th Feb 2007 9:54am
cheers m8 ill keep looking
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: thinking of buying this??? - 14th Feb 2007 5:38pm
i saw one of these in claughton village the other week, some old woman was driving it. i was thinkin of askin her if i could buy it off her but then i realised i've got no money hahaha
Posted By: DavidB Re: thinking of buying this??? - 15th Feb 2007 11:15am
Good points : RWD.

Bad points : Pretty much everything. My mate had one about 8 years ago, they are awful cars!! It will be smoking for the rest of it's life until you finally scrap it.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: thinking of buying this??? - 15th Feb 2007 11:22am
You gotta love the way hes used gloss paint on the hot pipe, and even painted the connecting rubber hose, and the rubber breather hose raftl

[Linked Image]

Anyone who does that to a manifold really doesn know what they are doing....

There are good ones out there, but theres an ongoing discussion about this one on the SXOC, general thoughts - JUNK raftl
Posted By: DavidB Re: thinking of buying this??? - 15th Feb 2007 5:13pm
How about a Mitsubishi Starion:

[Linked Image]

Still get okay ones for a few hundred quid. Beasts.

Starion eBay Link (just remove the stripes)

(and the colour)
Posted By: StuyMac Re: thinking of buying this??? - 15th Feb 2007 6:59pm
Unfortunatly, a decent starion will set you back £1500, anything under £1000 will be a rot box!!
Posted By: blinkyspoogle Re: thinking of buying this??? - 16th Feb 2007 7:04pm
looks fair enough for 850 reserve http://motors.search.ebay.co.uk/Mit...QcatrefZC12QQfmcZ1QQfromZR40QQsacatZ9800
Posted By: DavidB Re: thinking of buying this??? - 17th Feb 2007 6:59pm
Yeah, but i'd rather have a rotbox starion than a rotbox sylvia!
Posted By: Garry_St Re: thinking of buying this??? - 17th Feb 2007 7:22pm
got my eye on a g reg 200sx s13 moted till nov07 just needs tax fsh 3 owners ill try and post a pic later
Posted By: DavidB Re: thinking of buying this??? - 17th Feb 2007 7:46pm
Have you ever thought about a 300zx? The 80's ones are quite ugly, but are pretty rapid (twin turbo v6), and cheap.
Posted By: Garry_St Re: thinking of buying this??? - 17th Feb 2007 8:26pm
ive look at a few on the net a little big for what i want but as u say twin turbo v6 is nice
Posted By: Garry_St Re: thinking of buying this??? - 17th Feb 2007 9:05pm
200sx
[Linked Image]
Posted By: fordsteve Re: thinking of buying this??? - 17th Feb 2007 9:07pm
that looks sweet mate
Posted By: Wheels Re: thinking of buying this??? - 17th Feb 2007 9:49pm
i can see sum sideways fun there!
Posted By: jonah Re: thinking of buying this??? - 17th Feb 2007 10:00pm
id go for that one rather than the silvia, or u could always car jack tupac lol !!
Posted By: Garry_St Re: thinking of buying this??? - 18th Feb 2007 12:56pm
i cant belive some people i paid 150 deposit on the car last night and this morning just b4 i set off to collect hes rings and says its sold and refund my money thought paypal so ive lost the car and paypal have chaged me as well talk about beening kicked when your down.. so now i am still looking?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral