Forums
Posted By: scoop What size are your brakes? - 8th Feb 2007 2:26pm
AS im upgrading my brakes im curious as to just how well my car will break in comparison to other cars out there, i've noticed most new cars,even everyday ones such as a focus have quite big discs behind the wheels (exact size i dont know) so i reckon the new focus LX cud prob outbrake my car even with the new set-up on, but anyone know the exact size,and what size does ur car use

ATM i have 240mm front discs and rear drums,no ABS

after the weekend ill have 278mm front discs and rear drums,still no ABS, (discs this size were standard fit on the front of the esc cos and the front of the mk2 mondeo V6s)

im also looking into an RS2k rear beam which has discs on it,something like 260mm
Posted By: StuyMac Re: What size are your brakes? - 8th Feb 2007 2:39pm
Std Mine uses 280mm x 28mm.

The AP Jobbies are now 330mm and 28mm. They stop the car very well, though when cold they are very on / off when you brake hard, though this gets better and more progressive as they, and the tyres warm up smile

You can over brake a car, IMO these are just on the limit, any more and they would get to sensitive for the weight of the car.
Posted By: chris bmw M3 Re: What size are your brakes? - 9th Feb 2007 10:02am
Mine are 332mm.Discs are race-derived fully floating items.....60-0 takes 2.6secs
Posted By: DavidB Re: What size are your brakes? - 11th Feb 2007 1:32am
"What size are your bra" laugh

296mm

[Linked Image]

Rear ones are the same though:

[Linked Image]

They do the job. smile
Posted By: spinking Re: What size are your brakes? - 11th Feb 2007 10:37am
Originally Posted by chris bmw M3
Mine are 332mm.Discs are race-derived fully floating items.....60-0 takes 2.6secs

Jones you big headed git.

MIne are 280mm as stu said and seem verygood to be honest.
Posted By: chris bmw M3 Re: What size are your brakes? - 13th Feb 2007 7:32am
Originally Posted by tupac
Originally Posted by chris bmw M3

Jones you big headed git.

MIne are 280mm as stu said and seem verygood to be honest.

Jealous?? You dont need good brakes anyway Tony; Its difficult to get any speed up locked in your garage..lol
Posted By: scoop Re: What size are your brakes? - 17th Feb 2007 11:16pm
Originally Posted by scoop2004
what size are your brakes?

Now rocking 278mm discs at the front,pics in my MMC tomorrow,theyre awesome and they aint even bed in yet
Posted By: grizz Re: What size are your brakes? - 7th Mar 2007 8:20pm
365 x 36 on the front , 335 x 22 on the rear.... 8 pot lambo calipers on the front
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: What size are your brakes? - 7th Mar 2007 8:56pm
only got 210mm on my wee car, mind you i shouldn't need anything bigger, with the alloy 4 pot calipers and all. then again the bigger your discs the more the un-sprung weight you are adding to the car.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral