Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Criminals Av' Never Ad' It So Good! Thanks Labour! - 24th Jan 2007 12:58pm
Judges and magistrates are being asked in a letter by Home Secretary John Reid and legal chiefs to jail only the most dangerous and persistent criminals.

Mr Reid, the Attorney General and Lord Chancellor sent out the letter as the number of inmates in England and Wales hovered about the maximum 80,000 mark.

The government says 8,000 more prison places are being created.

It comes as the BBC learns Norwich jail is to reopen a wing declared "unfit" by inspectors because of cell shortages.

This is all bloody wrong, why should decent people live in fear because the government can't build enough prisons to take the prisoners? Stop givng the cheeky Grrrs playstations, make them work to earn the country money and who gives a dam if sumwere is unfit for a prisoner, they want to live sumwere that is comfortable, they should abide by the law like everyone ekse in the coiuntry!

Re-instate dungeons I say haha!

mad

BBC News Report
This has been all over the news now and its bad.
No really bad.

Lets go and get out of jail free.

How

Commit a non violent crime smile
Let's all effin loot Birkenhead, come on peeps, most were gonna get for it is a notch on our records haha!

What really does my head in the bag ed's and yobs that do absolutely nothing for society except cause unrest, terror and violence... and now they pretty much got a license to do so without the fear of a custodial sentence.

mad
Im thinking about becoming a criminal, they live better than i do frown lol
Someone i know recently got a 18 months prison sentance.

Reduced to 4 months and after 2 months they have come home for 4 days for a break....... Back inside for 8 weeks and then out they come, not even tagged....

18 months sentance is only a 4 month sentance in reality, with a long weekend holiday half way through the sentance, Hmmmmm

Kinda Pisses you off !!!!
Thats an absolute disgrace that Jay, the juditial system in this country is a total shambles and embarrasment!

mad
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Criminals Av' Never Ad' It So Good! Thanks Lab - 25th Jan 2007 12:27am
Originally Posted by MattyC
Stop givng the cheeky Grrrs playstations, make them work to earn the country money and who gives a dam if sumwere is unfit for a prisoner, they want to live sumwere that is comfortable, they should abide by the law like everyone ekse in the coiuntry!

I agree, but I don't think human rights would lol
Posted By: scoop Re: Criminals Av' Never Ad' It So Good! Thanks Lab - 25th Jan 2007 1:15am
Its fooking disgusting, ATM i think i heard there are only 7000 places left. so another 8000 being generated may help a tad. Heres my solution,call it radical. but

For a start, bring back the death sentance for certain crimes (which crimes exaclty let the goverment decide,but i recomend murder,rape,terrorism,and thats just a start off)

Next up, make more living space in jails, 4 Grrrs in 1 cell is better than 2.more cost effective. Jails are YET ANOTHER area where this goverment is failing,and an area where lots of taxpayers money is being wasted. IF all the money spent needlessly making prisoners comfy was put into the forces. Maybe the forces wouldnt be going downhill at the rate it currently is
Its even worse then 7000 places left Scoop - there is a matter of a few hundred, and thats including an overload into police station cells and the old baily!! The level is currently over 80,000 prisoners in custody atm!

Originally Posted by BBC News
The system has a capacity for 80,377 prisoners, including 220 spaces available in police cells under Operation Safeguard.

We won't actually see the extra 8000 new places completed before 2011, this year there may only be 350 new places, in an extension to a jail in Liverpool!

The death sentence is a good idea, but there are too many cases of wrongful conviction for things like crims due corruption within the police, targets and media interest to catch criminals and flawwed evidence atm for it to be considered by the government.

Don't see what rights prisoners (especially persistent offenders and prisoners in jail for serious crimes) have to be honest, they seem to believe the peoples lives they affect have no rights! Duengeon them all underground, let them live amongst themselves, keep them out of the public domain.

We don't let tigers free, they kept in a Zoo, the same rule should be applied to yobs and bag eds and murderers and rapists etc...
Posted By: scoop Re: Criminals Av' Never Ad' It So Good! Thanks Lab - 25th Jan 2007 1:45am
must've been 700 left then oshocked

Death sentance,a definate for serial killers or repeat murderers/rapists then??
Yes, that would be a step in the right direction, get rid of the Peter Sutcliffes of the UK instead of letting them live a life of luxury in a prison cell funded by hard working UK tax payers!
where i work has won a contract building new prisons, this will be an ongoing venture from 2007 onwards.
Posted By: scoop Re: Criminals Av' Never Ad' It So Good! Thanks Lab - 25th Jan 2007 8:19pm
in the paper today that scottish prisoners are
a)sueing the goverment for infringing on their human rights for not letting them vote
b)being given the ability to vote

criminals DONT deserve basic human rights!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Criminals Av' Never Ad' It So Good! Thanks Lab - 25th Jan 2007 11:33pm
Well the government will be more then happy to let prisoners vote now, cas their gonna get loads of votes from inside thats for sure!
They lose the right to vodte when they are sentenced, it isn't a human right. So that'll get thrown out of court, hopefully!

Making th prisoners work is a bloody good idea, shift rotation 8 hours work, 8 recreation, 8 sleep. Use the cells soley as a place to sleep and use them on a shift rotation, that way 3 times more prisoners can be in the penal system.

Work that quality is not essental, possibly sorting waste to be recycled? But not metal or glass.

This gov't is sending this country to the dogs, if it carries on this way there will be a mass civil uprising!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral