Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Britain's First Mission To The Moon! - 12th Jan 2007 12:04pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
The UK could soon have its first mission to the Moon - an orbiting spacecraft that would fire instruments into the lunar surface.

The "penetrators" would yield new information about the rocky interior.

The venture has been considered by Britain's astronomy funding agency, PParc, and has been presented to European partners.

The concept is the work of a consortium of space interests, including Surrey Satellite Technology Limited (SSTL).

SSTL's founder and chief executive, Professor Sir Martin Sweeting, says the costs of space exploration have fallen sufficiently for the UK to think about leading such a mission, which could be at the Moon by 2010.

Looks good, I hope we do it. Id rather we wasted money on pretty pointless space exploration missions then killing Iraqi's and the like.

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: Britain's First Mission To The Moon! - 12th Jan 2007 12:33pm
Everyone's going to the moon now.

Its over rated.
Posted By: scoop Re: Britain's First Mission To The Moon! - 12th Jan 2007 1:25pm
What is it going to achieve,personally i couldnt care less what the moon is made of etc. Show me the fooking aliens
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Britain's First Mission To The Moon! - 12th Jan 2007 1:34pm
We all know it's made from cheese anyway. Best of luck to 'em.
Posted By: Dazza Re: Britain's First Mission To The Moon! - 12th Jan 2007 3:23pm
I enjoy the fact people are going to the moon for the simple reason that they can study more about visiting another planet from it i.e setting up a base station and other methods that would yield great opportunitys that could benifit mankinds attempts at populating Mars.
Posted By: Pomp Re: Britain's First Mission To The Moon! - 12th Jan 2007 7:12pm
[Linked Image]
© Wirral-Wikiwirral