Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Yeeeeehaaa! Come On Cisco! - 11th Jan 2007 11:13am
As webby will tell you, I had a good rant about Apple using the name "iPhone" on thier supposed world changing mobile phone on MSN to him yesterday lol. Because its a name already on a Linksys VOIP and is a registered trademark.

Well, it seems my rant was right as Cisco (who own Linksys) are going to sue Apple - BBC News Report.

Its about time Apple were put in their place and shown they do not have the god given right to use the pre-ceeding "i" in every product they develop, just becuase they made the "iMac" and then "iPod", just like every other company has to abide by trademark laws!

Also, this "iPod" turning every Mac product into the "iBlahblah" is starting to get a bit old and irritatingg, its a pity they cant be as inventive with product names then they can with products.

Go Cisco! smile
Posted By: scoop Re: Yeeeeehaaa! Come On Cisco! - 11th Jan 2007 3:24pm
did apple not check to see if it was trademarked already?

and i think theres nothing wrong with preceeding everything with I. Thats like saying merceded car names are annoying,and peugeots,and BMWs, cos they only use letters, a 0 in the middle,and a number respectively. And Merc have begun trademarking names like the D class,F class and so on for future use
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Yeeeeehaaa! Come On Cisco! - 11th Jan 2007 3:56pm
Apple knew damn well that the name "iPhone" was already trademarked, not only have Cisco had the trademark since 2000, but also many news and media coporations pointed this fact out when the Linksys iPhone was launched, because of rumors of Apple and their "iPhone".

I think the "i" everything is starting to get a bit tedious now, it doesnt seem to make anything sell just because it follows in the footsteps of "iPod" (which is a useless piece of junk anyway and as for Apple iTunes DRM), but Apple are scared to move away.

I think they could have chosen "iFone" and got away with it just about, butb it seems they think they have a god given right to the preceeding i, above all other companies and trademark laws, and this is very stupid and big headed and I hope they get fooked over it!

Guaranteed if Sony released a Sony iPod tomorrow, Apple would have a good whinge about it and take them to court. But they dont like it when the shoes on the other foot!
Posted By: Pomp Re: Yeeeeehaaa! Come On Cisco! - 11th Jan 2007 5:08pm
lol they prob jst wanted every one of their products to begin with the "i", it makes customers reconise their products more easily aswel.

They prob though iPhone looked more attractive then the spelling of iFone so wanted to take the risk.

How much are these iPhones goin for does any one know?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Yeeeeehaaa! Come On Cisco! - 11th Jan 2007 5:14pm
It doesnt matter if iPhone looks more attractive, they are breaching copyright, and every company has a right to protect its intellectual property and not expect big corporations to launch prducts that infringe on their copyright so blatently.

The "iPhone" isnt launched yet, only just announced, will prbably be at least a year before they get to the UK and will cost around £400.

And if their using the i to relate products to the company, then firstly they have one or two products that dont have a pre-ceeding i and secondly there are plenty of companies with i this and i that, so they are walking a tight line with it...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral