Forums
Posted By: AX_125 Activities - 8th Jan 2007 1:09pm
My Dad gave me and my GF £100 for Xmas and i want to do something with it.

I have been looking at indoor skiing and snowboarding and "zorbing" does anyone else know what i might be able to do for around £100 for the 2 of us?
Posted By: scoop Re: Activities - 8th Jan 2007 1:25pm
indoor skydiving? not sure how much that costs,and AFAIK the only place u can do it is in norfolk.

If it were only u then i'd advise a rally/track experience day,can get them from 99 quid but thats only for one person
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Activities - 8th Jan 2007 11:34pm
Indoor skydiving?!?! That must be fun..."Weee...*Thud*"

Paintballing is fun lol

Other than that, pubs accept cash smile
Posted By: scoop Re: Activities - 8th Jan 2007 11:38pm
You do know what indoor skydiving is right joe?

search youtube for "wind tunnel" and click the vids that arent car aerodynamics test lol. Big fan,points up,and the peeps run up the walls,do a backflip,run down the other wall,then just hover,its UNREAL
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Activities - 8th Jan 2007 11:56pm
ohhhhh that, yeah that looks cool lol
Posted By: scoop Re: Activities - 9th Jan 2007 2:43am
just HOW cool is it?

A vid of an instructor at Airkix in milton keynes
Posted By: scoop Re: Activities - 9th Jan 2007 2:50am
one second thoughts,going byt the vid below,u prob wont have as much fun as the vids have made me believe,u got some politically correct Grrr holding u down for health and safety reasons.dont wanna get sued do they. gits

clicky
Posted By: Pomp Re: Activities - 9th Jan 2007 2:53am
O.m.g that is soo unreal an soo gd i wannna go, dammit. heres another clip

How fast does the wind blow, that looks like it would cost more then £100. So i dont think this would be the activity
Posted By: scoop Re: Activities - 9th Jan 2007 3:01am
im not sure mate, apparently the terminal velocity of a human body is about 125MPH. So possibly around that.

UR link dont work,why u up so late,im off to bed.

I reckon it'll be under a ton as u dont seem to get long on it, buts its an experience eh
Posted By: Pomp Re: Activities - 9th Jan 2007 3:06am
oh you must of clicked on it while i was editin it, ye that wud be an exterience. Na i jst sleep on weird times l8ly lol
Posted By: Pomp Re: Activities - 9th Jan 2007 3:09am
On that video i postd it shows 155mph, think its wot the speed of the wind is going through that tunnel.
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Activities - 9th Jan 2007 4:38am
Dont know if i've got the right place, but i've just come across this.. skydiving
Posted By: scoop Re: Activities - 9th Jan 2007 12:13pm
yeah thats one of the places. Better than airkix apparently, but still miles away. 2 lessons cost 60 quid,so for 120 u and ur missus can have 2 goes
© Wirral-Wikiwirral