Forums
Posted By: vw_kyle induction kit problems can any one help - 4th Jan 2007 6:22pm
[b]Alright im wondering if ya can help me ive just purchased a vectra its a box standard 1.8 16v now i was thinkin of installing a cone for a induction kit i took one of me nova to try it on i connected it all up and when i rev the engine there is a funny ticking noise coming from the cone, so i thought it might not be compatible because i think it is not a universal cone so i went out and bought a unervisal one connected it up and its doing the same thing can ya help.
Posted By: scoop Re: induction kit problems can any one help - 4th Jan 2007 6:31pm
unless im very much mistaken thats the noise of the internals of the head moving (valves i'd assume,not sure if u'd be able to hear the tappets thru the induction piping)

Is it really loud?? the tapping that is
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: induction kit problems can any one help - 4th Jan 2007 6:34pm
it is yeah
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: induction kit problems can any one help - 4th Jan 2007 6:36pm
with the normal air filter on and u rev it you carnt hear it.
Posted By: jonah Re: induction kit problems can any one help - 4th Jan 2007 7:07pm
hi mate, i tried a universal kit onmine but wasnt happy with it, so bought a purpose made k&n new frm e bay for bot 70 quid and its soooooooo much better. is it an open cone ir a closed one ?
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: induction kit problems can any one help - 4th Jan 2007 7:33pm
its a closed end one so do you think this will work
Posted By: scoop Re: induction kit problems can any one help - 4th Jan 2007 7:37pm
is there a feed to ur airbox,cud u put ur ear to it to see if u can hear the noise there,im not sure but i dont think its possible for a mere induciton kit to MAKE this noise,maybe its making a noise thats already there more audible,as theres nothing between ur valves and ur ear other than a guaze filter,wheras with the airbox its surrounded by plastic to keep the noise in. Try removing the filter altogether,and see if the noise comes out of the open end of the airpipe
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: induction kit problems can any one help - 4th Jan 2007 7:44pm
i will try this 2moz and get back to you mate thanx
Posted By: jonah Re: induction kit problems can any one help - 4th Jan 2007 7:45pm
that wot i was thinkin, thought that dependin on the style of kit , it may be amplifying the noise.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: induction kit problems can any one help - 4th Jan 2007 10:55pm
bin the induction kit. get a panel filter and a 2.0 irmsher (sp) air box. you will be down on power with a induction kit on.
Posted By: DavidB Re: induction kit problems can any one help - 5th Jan 2007 12:10am
If you take the pipe from the inlet off, so it's just the plenum chamber with the hole in, you might be able to hear the noise a bit better (it also sounds fricking amazing).
There is a throttle position sensor and the butterfly valve in the tb that clicks when they shut. Doesn't sound like anything to worry about anyway.
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: induction kit problems can any one help - 5th Jan 2007 4:37pm
does any one recomend a panel
Posted By: MrPhil Re: induction kit problems can any one help - 5th Jan 2007 5:31pm
i'd go for a pipercross for sound but k&n for peformance.
Posted By: scoop Re: induction kit problems can any one help - 5th Jan 2007 5:44pm
yeah i do, a panel,or, if ur flush, a BMC CDA/PX VIPER
© Wirral-Wikiwirral