Forums
Posted By: krisGTi k&n or pipercross - 3rd Jan 2007 9:25pm
want 2 get an induction kit for me car an was woundeing witch 1 was the best? av bin told by some that k&n is better an others say pipercross r. a want the induction kit for power an noise.
thanks
Posted By: jonah Re: k&n or pipercross - 3rd Jan 2007 9:28pm
hi mate, i got a k&n on my vectra, i noticed a difference straight away in that it seemed to have a better throttle response, and seemed to pull better, and it also gave it a throaty induction note when acceleratin hard, but cant comment on pipercross cos never had one.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: k&n or pipercross - 3rd Jan 2007 9:37pm
have you seen where the kits place the cone, right above the gearbox.

if i was you measure the maf sensor and just buy a cone instead of wastin money on the kit.
Posted By: scoop Re: k&n or pipercross - 3rd Jan 2007 9:43pm
Placebo? or not placebo? that is the question. Pipercross viper is a wise investment mate (if one day u plan on 2.0 it) but whatever u get make sure u get it a fantasic air feed and sheid it from heat,or you WILL lose power. Havent u got a swiss cheese airbox yet? cos one of them and a panel filter is pretty good
Posted By: Scooby Re: k&n or pipercross - 3rd Jan 2007 9:44pm
K&N spend thousands on development programmes to ensure the K&N will increase the performance of the vehicle.

They have a 4 wheel rolling road facility to proove the output figures and for developing extra BHP & Torque.

So i doubt if simply fitting a cone will produce the extra horses as a branded filter kits would......

You get what you pay for, pay pennies and recieve trash !
Posted By: krisGTi Re: k&n or pipercross - 3rd Jan 2007 9:52pm
av got a max power cone filter on it now an found out the other day that it doesent give any extra bhp. an a dont think am gonna b spendin 200 on a viper kit just yet scoop n a dident think the air filter was anywerenere heat on the mk6.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: k&n or pipercross - 3rd Jan 2007 9:55pm
Originally Posted by Scooby
K&N spend thousands on development programmes to ensure the K&N will increase the performance of the vehicle.

They have a 4 wheel rolling road facility to proove the output figures and for developing extra BHP & Torque.

So i doubt if simply fitting a cone will produce the extra horses as a branded filter kits would......
You get what you pay for, pay pennies and recieve trash !

i ment use a K&N filter not a Maxpower type.

with some heat wrap around the plastic inlet and a good air feed i think it would work better.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: k&n or pipercross - 3rd Jan 2007 9:57pm
Originally Posted by kris 06
av got a max power cone filter on it now an found out the other day that it doesent give any extra bhp. an a dont think am gonna b spendin 200 on a viper kit just yet scoop n a dident think the air filter was anywerenere heat on the mk6.

ahh so ure inlet is not the EFI one like on the mk5. i'd look around more before deciding as bmc have a enclosed filter for around 100notes
Posted By: krisGTi Re: k&n or pipercross - 3rd Jan 2007 10:05pm
my engin
[Linked Image]
it the 1.6 16v zetec.
a went in 2 halfords 2day an the lad a spoke 2 told me that pipercross was the best
Posted By: MrPhil Re: k&n or pipercross - 3rd Jan 2007 10:09pm
so it is a efi inlet the pipercross is also the more expensive of the 2 tho, i think you should go for this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-BMC...Z009QQcategoryZ36680QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Posted By: krisGTi Re: k&n or pipercross - 3rd Jan 2007 10:12pm
thats y he probily said it was better then lol
Posted By: Den Re: k&n or pipercross - 3rd Jan 2007 10:51pm
i've got a K&N typhoon on my civic and i also straight away noticed the difference, nothing major but the sound is makes is gorgeous
Posted By: DavidB Re: k&n or pipercross - 3rd Jan 2007 11:08pm
For god's sake, please don't get a cone filter. Get a K&N panel filter and stick it in your air box, and then go to work with a drill (2cm holes) on the side of the box opposit the manifold.
Posted By: scoop Re: k&n or pipercross - 3rd Jan 2007 11:38pm
I agree with both CLJ and miek, if u dont get a closed carbon airbox,such as viper of the BMC CDA,then simply get the panel and swiss cheese ur airbox, swiss cheesing ur airbox gives the same increase in throttle response,and thats the only part of the swap that you WILL NOTICE if u fitted a 57i or similar,well,same as u've got now, changing from what u've got to a K&N wont make any diff IMO. Its a good idea to insulate the inlet air from heat tho, so partitioning ur engine way with something to keep the heat away from the filter would be a good idea,and then find a way to keep the heat out of the plastic pipe that goes over the rocker

BTW,enough red in ur engine bay???add a bit of chrome matey
Posted By: Aaaaaalex Re: k&n or pipercross - 4th Jan 2007 9:36am
bmc carbon gets my thumbs up, noticable difference but not that stupid noise of an open cone.

also no bogging down as you dont get the heatsoak from the engine bay.
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: k&n or pipercross - 5th Jan 2007 4:53pm
i agree, if ur gona get one go for the BMC carbon one or somethin similar. im lookin for an AEM long reach kit that puts the filter right out the way of the engine and any other heat source.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral