Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Merseyside Girl Killed By Pit Bull - 1st Jan 2007 11:45am
Originally Posted by BBC News
A five-year-old girl has been killed by a pit bull terrier on Merseyside.

The girl was mauled to death by the dog at the family home in St Helens in the early hours of Monday.

Is it just me or are attacks by dogs such as pit bulls and the like becoming ever more common in the UK in recent years?

Very sad. frown

I can't make out from the report if the dog was a family pet or not, I assume it was though.

BBC News Report
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Merseyside Girl Killed By Pit Bull - 1st Jan 2007 11:50am
no poor little girl. lets hope this is a lesson to people with these sort of dogs.
Posted By: kaytie Re: Merseyside Girl Killed By Pit Bull - 1st Jan 2007 5:17pm
ooh i hate all this!
all dogs can kill, weather they are the sterotypical types or not!
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: Merseyside Girl Killed By Pit Bull - 1st Jan 2007 8:04pm
what even poodles?
Posted By: jonny vectra sri Re: Merseyside Girl Killed By Pit Bull - 1st Jan 2007 9:00pm
raftl
Posted By: scoop Re: Merseyside Girl Killed By Pit Bull - 1st Jan 2007 9:06pm
even poodles. Dogs brought up wrong can be violent. And the dogs that are brought up wrong most are the dogs like rotweilers etc... the owners bring them up to be violent protective dogs,not soft as shite like ur average collie owner, that said collies can be trained as attack dogs too

Poor kid,that sorta stufff shudnt happen
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Merseyside Girl Killed By Pit Bull - 2nd Jan 2007 3:15am
Scoop your point is absolutely right. When I lived at my mum's, the guy next door got two rotweiler puppies. He was a big spose you could say " tatoo sporting skinheaded grock", but nevertheless a really nice man, had lived there years. Of course he get's two rotties and the stereotype comes to frutition.

Anyway whilst the dog's were young, he spent a lot of time on the front garden with them during the summer, when kids would walk past he would let them stroke the dog's, keeping an eye on the behaviour of the dogs at all times.

He let his young nephews spend a lot of time with the dogs on the front, always being with them at all times.

Anyway to cut a long story short, the dogs are lovely animal's now and as soft as anything when it comes to the public.

The guy quite rightly says he would never trust the dogs with a stranger or child unsupervised, but I think it pretty much proves your point that a dog is brought up to be violent.

I think he got the dogs for the love of them, whereas a lot of owner's who get them type of dogs, do so to defend their owners and premises and then train them up to violent and vicious.

Maybe there should be an attempt at more control of dog owners??

I suppose at the end of the day though, EVERY dog has a vicious nature if wound up the wrong way. And I suppose, like with many human's, it only takes one little thing to set them off??

smile
Posted By: kaytie Re: Merseyside Girl Killed By Pit Bull - 2nd Jan 2007 10:54am
I had a Staff Bull Terrier, and she was daft as a brush! She slept in the basket with the cats lol, and she would lick ult time to death, the only time she did become agressive was when she came into contact with strange dogs, but she never attcked them!!

You hear about pit bulls/rotwilers being set onto people and other dogs by there owners, when i had my staff i was walkin her and a lad set his Lurcher on her, so its not always the 'hard' dogs!

I dont think any of that made sense haha! Sorry
© Wirral-Wikiwirral