Forums
Posted By: Rossyboy is my clutch going? - 15th Nov 2006 1:45pm
my clutch has started making a weird whining sort of noise that stops when you press the clutch in. does anyone know what this is? also does anyone know how much a clutch costs to fit? any help would be amazin cheers
Posted By: Mark Re: is my clutch going? - 15th Nov 2006 1:47pm
Is it a loud noise or radio off to hear it?

May be a baring or somthing?
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: is my clutch going? - 15th Nov 2006 1:51pm
you do need to have the radio off but if you lift the bonnet you can hear it a lot. it doesnt do it all the time though. i thought it might just be a bearing. hope it is
Posted By: AX_125 Re: is my clutch going? - 15th Nov 2006 2:18pm
I take it you have a Civic?

Is it like a creaking noise that seems to go when the car is warm?

If so, my Civic has the exact same problem and i have heard it on several other civics, it is apparently the release bearings in the gear box which requires a new clutch kit.

I have had the noise for approx 2 years and it hasn't got much worse, it will probs outlive the car, but i am going to get mine done anyways.

I have prices of around £200 to fix this problem on my car.
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: is my clutch going? - 15th Nov 2006 4:10pm
cheers for that. its when you havnt got the clutch pressed in, then when you press it in it stops. its a hard noise to describe but it sounds like the same thing you said. just worried me coz it only started about 2 weeks ago.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: is my clutch going? - 15th Nov 2006 7:05pm
Originally Posted by AX_125
I take it you have a Civic?

it is apparently the release bearings in the gear box which requires a new clutch kit.

I have had the noise for approx 2 years and it hasn't got much worse, it will probs outlive the car, but i am going to get mine done anyways.

I have prices of around £200 to fix this problem on my car.

was going to say release bearing. new clutch is the best bet, save any agro in the future.
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: is my clutch going? - 15th Nov 2006 7:17pm
same on the jag its the thrust bearing you may sawell get the clutch changed while your at it as the gearbox has got to come of.
Posted By: Scooby Re: is my clutch going? - 16th Nov 2006 12:55am
If its a slight noise then dont worry, if it is audible from inside the car then maybe its time for a new clutch....

Clutches vary in price, civic will be approx £150 - £200
Posted By: Pomp Re: is my clutch going? - 16th Nov 2006 1:06am
I think my cars startin to do that yano, went through maccies drive through an turned the music down an cuz there was a que i ad the handbreak an clutch off an the car started makin a noise. An wen i press the clutch down as scotty has sed the noise is gone.

Had stuymac ova to have a listen but forgot to tell him bout wen i dip the clutch an he thinks its me exhaust ratlin but dunno.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: is my clutch going? - 16th Nov 2006 1:43am
Originally Posted by Scooby
Clutches vary in price, civic will be approx £150 - £200

that cheap?
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: is my clutch going? - 17th Nov 2006 12:50pm
cheers for the help everyone
© Wirral-Wikiwirral