Forums
Posted By: Norton Birkenhead Beer Festival is Back! - 12th May 2016 6:21pm
The Wirral Branch of CAMRA are delighted to announce the return of the Birkenhead Beer & Cider Festival, to be held at the Recreation Centre at Tranmere Rovers Ground, Prenton Park, from Thursday 2nd June to Saturday 4th June 2016, evening sessions on the Thursday and Friday (6.30 pm until 11pm) with afternoon (11.30 am to 4pm) and evening sessions on the Saturday.

The Festival is being organised jointly with Tranmere Rovers Trust, a not for profit volunteer organisation.

They are planning to have 100+ Beers (Cask and Bottled) and Ciders available during all sessions.

Poster - http://wirralcamra.co.uk/BirkenheadBeerFestival2016.pdf

This is the first time in five years that the local CAMRA Branch have been able to hold a festival. The previous ones were in the Pacific Road Theatre...
... (best not to pass comment about that in this post)

This is also the weekend of 'The Ale Trail' (the one around Wirral by bus), which has its own post and is not connected.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Birkenhead Beer Festival is Back! - 13th May 2016 8:28am
What was wrong with the ones at Pacific Road? I enjoyed those. They were well organised, well stocked and well attended.

As far as I know the useless, corrupt Wirral Council flogged off Pacific Road so the beer fest had to find new premises.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Birkenhead Beer Festival is Back! - 13th May 2016 9:20am
Wirral Camra are useless. They dropped the ball with regard to Wirral beer festivals, claiming there was nowhere on the Wirral to hold one. Yet Peerless and The Ship and Mitre pub in Liverpool managed it successfully with the Hoylake and Hulme Hall ones, hence the snidy digs in their poster.

The Hoylake one is also run by volunteers and all profits are going to fitting a lift in the community centre - a much more worthy cause than a football club.

A couple of years ago Wirral Camra had the cheek to write an article calling Wirral a "beer desert", they lost a lot of support and the wounds haven't healed.

http://www.peerlessbrewing.co.uk/article/15/what-is-the-point-of-wirral--camra

And when I joined them back in 2011 they managed to lose the form with my bank details on. Great work, muppets.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Birkenhead Beer Festival is Back! - 14th May 2016 5:14am
Wirral "a beer desert"?! Hardly! H'm. Seems I'll have to revise my opinion of Wirral Camra smile

CAMRA itself is undergoing a navel-gazing exercise - it seems they've suddenly realised they're not as representative of real ale drinkers as they thought. CLICKY

Also see this: CLICKY
© Wirral-Wikiwirral