Forums
Posted By: the_pope status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 16th Dec 2015 6:29pm
Status Quo are due to play at Prenton Park on 21st May 2016, Wirral Rocks, thumbsup
Posted By: fish5133 Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 16th Dec 2015 7:14pm
Wonder if it will be appropriate to play Down Down.. Interesting to see who gets the bigger crowd.
Posted By: cools Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 16th Dec 2015 7:40pm
Love Quo. Might try and get to that. Seems abit of a comedown for them as I think they still do the big venues, but sure it will be a full house. Remember I went to see them at Deeside in about 1985 when supposedly it was their farewell tour, enjoyed it immensely but abit if a joke as they've never stopped...lets keep rocking all over the world.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 16th Dec 2015 8:44pm
Potted History on their website
http://www.statusquo.co.uk/index.html#.VnHMv3knyM8

In aid of St Johns Wirral Hospice. Should be a good night out

Posted By: granny Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 16th Dec 2015 9:16pm
Well, well. Might just have to go, as I know one of them. He's played with Pink Floyd, Paul McCartney and many more besides. Very nice person.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: venice Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 16th Dec 2015 10:07pm
Can anyone tell me if the cowshed stand is seating? Thats going to be the area opposite the stage
Prenton Park is an all-seater ground.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 16th Dec 2015 10:32pm
The pitch area will be standing.
Posted By: granny Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 16th Dec 2015 10:35pm
Surely they'll cover the ground itself and use that for standing room.
Posted By: venice Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 16th Dec 2015 10:39pm
Thanks . Good to know , if I can make it. Tickets £40 for a seat , not too bad I suppose for a premier group. Wonder how quickly tickets will go .
Early bird tickets at £39.05 are standing only. No others on sale at the moment.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 16th Dec 2015 11:02pm
I remember feeling 'cool' because I liked 'In The Army Now', I liked Madonna, Sinitta and Wham att!
Posted By: the_pope Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 17th Dec 2015 8:12am
Originally Posted by cools
Love Quo. Might try and get to that. Seems abit of a comedown for them as I think they still do the big venues, but sure it will be a full house. Remember I went to see them at Deeside in about 1985 when supposedly it was their farewell tour, enjoyed it immensely but abit if a joke as they've never stopped...lets keep rocking all over the world.

I seen them 2 weeks ago in the echo arena, it was echo2 (half the arena) still had a few empty seats thumbsdown I will be getting tickets to see them at Tranmere
Posted By: cools Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 17th Dec 2015 9:16am
Oh really. I didn't hear that they were on Pope, guess they are getting old now so maybe only liked by us oldies ( speaking about myself there) . Are they still as good and sing all the favourites that we all love?
Posted By: snowhite Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 17th Dec 2015 10:06am
Be nice if more events like this can take place.
Boost the Wirral up a bit instead of Liverpool getting all the limelight.
Posted By: the_pope Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 17th Dec 2015 10:17am
Originally Posted by cools
Oh really. I didn't hear that they were on Pope, guess they are getting old now so maybe only liked by us oldies ( speaking about myself there) . Are they still as good and sing all the favourites that we all love?

Im on the short end of 40 smile still love any live concert, it is a shame they don't do more on the Wirral
Posted By: venice Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 17th Dec 2015 11:55am
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Early bird tickets at £39.05 are standing only. No others on sale at the moment.

Is that for sure DD ? I went through the motions of pretending to book , and thought that for what I was offered, in the blue section opp the stage as being available , was the £39 . Mind you , didnt really spend much time on it , so probably was making a hasty presumption.
Posted By: snowhite Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 17th Dec 2015 12:34pm
Originally Posted by venice
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

Is that for sure DD ? I went through the motions of pretending to book , and thought that for what I was offered, in the blue section opp the stage as being available , was the £39 . Mind you , didnt really spend much time on it , so probably was making a hasty presumption.
Its correct,i have just checked this out.
Posted By: granny Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 17th Dec 2015 2:49pm

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/status-quo-prenton-park-birkenhead/venueartist/436440/747939
Posted By: venice Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 17th Dec 2015 5:16pm
Ah well. Thanks. Thought the price was somewhat reasonable. lol
They have opened up the stand tickets now and seem to be the same price.
Posted By: GingerTom Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 17th Dec 2015 11:52pm
Seen them at the echo arena in Dec they were very brillaint never seem to change or maybe I'm getting older,would like to se them at Prenton park,who is selling the tickets.
Originally Posted by GingerTom
Seen them at the echo arena in Dec they were very brillaint never seem to change or maybe I'm getting older,would like to se them at Prenton park,who is selling the tickets.

Posted By: JohnP Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 21st Dec 2015 12:24pm
Hi There,

I work for Wirral Hospice, St John’s and it was me who came up with the “Wirral Rocks” concept, so hopefully I can answer some of your questions!

Both Standing and Seated tickets are now on sale. They are currently on sale at a special early bird price of £35.50 plus booking fees. We decided to price the standing and seated tickets the same as we felt it was fair that way, each type of tickets has its advantages and disadvantages.

In the New Year, the early bird offer will end and the ticket price will be £40.50 plus booking fees.

I think this represents good value for money, I am a huge Status Quo fan myself and I reviewed all of the ticket stubs I have collected over the past 20 years of Quo gigs in setting the price! (I paid £42.50 plus booking fee to see them at the Echo Arena on 1st December.)

To get the “early bird price” you need to use the drop down menu and select “early bird tickets” which is currently the only option available! If you look at the “price range” link it shows the full £40.50 price. Sorry about that –it’s just the way Ticketmaster works if you sell tickets at a special reduced price at first! We are selling all tickets via Ticketmaster as we just don't have the resource to handle sales ourselves.

The stage is in front of the Kop facing out, so standing is on the pitch. We are currently selling seats in the Johnny King Stand (Borough Road) and the Main Stand. If we manage to sell them all we will release seats in the Cowshed. Obviously the cowshed seats will be furthest away from the stage, so it is fair to only release them if /when the others are sold out.

The easiest way to buy tickets is to go to our site which is at http://www.wirralrocks.com/

(Also If you type Wirral Rocks into Google it comes up high in the listings so it is very easy to find)

There is a link to buy the tickets on the Wirral Rocks site as well as some more info. Also check back on the site as in a few weeks we will be announcing another artist to perform on Friday 20th May.

I am very excited to be bringing this event to Wirral, like many of you I think it’s about time Wirral had a big event like this!

Tranmere Rovers are providing the ground free of charge to us, so we are extremely grateful to them!

All of the proceeds from this event will go to Wirral Hospice, St John’s, a Registered Charity

http://www.wirralhospice.org/

Thanks,

John Pentland
Wirral Hospice St John's
Posted By: the_pope Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 21st Dec 2015 3:10pm
cant wait for the next act to be announced, any hints as to who it might be,
Posted By: JohnP Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 22nd Dec 2015 12:38pm
Sorry I can't say yet ... there are still a couple of possibilities ..... I will come on here and post it as soon as we have it confirmed and are able to announce it contractually!

I can promise that it will be a well know act though!

http://wirralrocks.com/
Posted By: WarryDave Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 22nd Dec 2015 5:34pm
Seen them live at speke hall few years back disappointed they only did 45 mins,Cause of the rain. The surport act that evening where Liverpool band the Christians they did a hour and 20 mins in the pouring rain...
Posted By: JohnP Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 23rd Dec 2015 1:36pm
Unfortunately, a safety officer does have to make the hard decision and to end a show if persistent rain is making the stage unsafe. It's an insurance issue and the decision is not made by the performers.

We will be using an all weather stage at Tranmere and the show will go ahead if it rains.
It will only be cancelled if extreme weather conditions make it unsafe.

Status Quo will be performing for approx. 1hr 45 minutes at Prenton Park on 21st May 2016
Posted By: the_pope Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 19th Feb 2016 8:03am
Originally Posted by JohnP
Sorry I can't say yet ... there are still a couple of possibilities ..... I will come on here and post it as soon as we have it confirmed and are able to announce it contractually!

I can promise that it will be a well know act though!

http://wirralrocks.com/

Will Young has been announced for the Friday
Posted By: fish5133 Re: status quo : Prenton Park on 21st May 2016 - 19th Feb 2016 9:03am
Shame on me. I turned down a ticket for my birthday. My last visit to prenton park saw trfc relegated out the league .frozen at top of main stand. The thought of sitting or standing for hours listening to some pensioners playing the same tune didnt quite do it for me. Id sooner be freezing the socks off desperately trying to catch some poor trout in a welsh reservoir.!
Well done organisers for getting it together ..should be thousands more excited about it than me....long gone are the days at reading rock festival
© Wirral-Wikiwirral