Forums
Posted By: Bennie virgin health - 29th May 2015 12:10pm
Hi all, I've found out that the building which houses the health centre in Laird St. Birkenhead is actually owned by Virgin Health( Richard Branson ). This is yet another example of the privatisation of the N.H.S. To draw attention to this state of affairs there will be a protest outside the building on Tuesday, June 2nd at 10 a.m. As Nye said " The N.H.S. will exist as long as there are folk prepared to fight for it" Hope to see you there. Bennie.
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: virgin health - 29th May 2015 12:14pm
Its still paid for by the NHS. Virgin obviously manage the money side of things better than the NHS.

Id rather it have privatised management than have to pay for a substandard service with my tax money.
Posted By: Uffda Re: virgin health - 29th May 2015 3:08pm
But surely loads of doctors surgeries are not owned by the NHS. I know the building which houses the practice by Meols station is owned by a management company. The fact that they pay rent has no bearing on the medical side of things.
Posted By: davew3 Re: virgin health - 29th May 2015 5:34pm
It's PFI, kindly provided by the Labour government, or on the never never as provided by the taxpayer, as per Labour Lord Adonis? when he was in charge and decided to put all the doctors surgeries together in smallish type hospitals a very good idea as it allows you to see any doctor at the site, so do go and embarrass yourselves and upset any patients if the surgery is open
Posted By: Bennie Re: virgin health - 29th May 2015 6:56pm
Thanks davew3, it's good to have your permission. Thanks a lot.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: virgin health - 29th May 2015 7:08pm
I think you will find that Virgin Healthcare just use Birkenhead Medical Building as do many other companies.

It was built on behalf of Cavendish Medical Centre and Miriam Medical Centre in conjunction with Wirral PCT.

Perhaps it has been sold on - Dr Mantgani is very astute in business finance.
Posted By: davew3 Re: virgin health - 29th May 2015 7:41pm
Personally, I would be more worried as to the plans the EU have for the NHS, the NHS has already been regionalised by Labour and we are now getting the EU regions forced onto us, Liverpool and Manchester (power houses) that what Osborne is calling them, the EU has plans to trade with the USA so we will find out if they turn to the NHS and force it to be run on the German model, I believe you pay a little up front and you pay in taxes, someone here will know better, you have a legal right to express your opinions, so do the patients at the surgery or health centre which could be upset by a number of people shouting while they wait to see a doctor, please take them into account when you do your demo.
Posted By: Bennie Re: virgin health - 29th May 2015 8:03pm
Davew3, It's just possible that some patients may care about the future of the N.H.S. In regard to what you say about Liverpool being a "northern powerhouse" I hope that doesn't involve Wirral now that we are meant to be a joint authority with Liverpool because if it's down to Councillors and Council leaders then there is not one in Liverpool or Wirral who is even remotely capable of running a "northern powerhouse"
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: virgin health - 29th May 2015 8:27pm
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nhs-privatisation-how-private-firms-1918235

If the medical services are run by Virgin Healthcare then the issue is them using the N.H.S insignia.

Service users at the Medical Centre in Laird Street will assume that it is run by the N.H.S, not for profit via Virgin Healthcare.

Underhanded.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: virgin health - 29th May 2015 9:57pm
This. Too.

Attached picture tax demand.jpg
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: virgin health - 29th May 2015 10:08pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
I think you will find that Virgin Healthcare just use Birkenhead Medical Building as do many other companies.

It was built on behalf of Cavendish Medical Centre and Miriam Medical Centre in conjunction with Wirral PCT.

Perhaps it has been sold on - Dr Mantgani is very astute in business finance.

And I was wrong, it was owned by Assura on a leaseback scheme, Virgin bought out Assura so do own the building but most of the services there are run by Cavendish, Miriam or Peninsula with no intervention by Virgin other than as a landlord ..... I think.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: virgin health - 2nd Jun 2015 8:02pm
Well done everybody who attended. I have seen the pics- you photogenic lot!!

Petition here: http://action.peoplesnhs.org/page/s/peoples-nhs---virgin-petition if you have not seen it already.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral