Forums
[Linked Image]

August 5th-7th 2005 Ultimate Street Car.

=================================================

</font><ul type="square">
[*]how did the convoys go?
[*]which car stood out from the rest? eek
[*]what were the best bits?
[*]who got the fastest quarter mile time?
[*]did anyone win any prizes for any competitions?
[*]<font size="2" face="Arial,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">who has got the urge to do someting different to their car? :go: :go:
Posted By: Scooby Re: Review: Ultimate Street Car : 6th August 2005 - 6th Aug 2005 11:41pm
Just got back after sitting on the M6 for 4 hours in a traffic Jam happy

Best time was a 13.3 secs and well impressed.

Will post a review tomorrow as i have been up since 6 bells zzzzzzzzzzz............
Posted By: Scooby Re: Review: Ultimate Street Car : 6th August 2005 - 7th Aug 2005 12:59am
Really am going to bed now, just had to look at the pics and video's for the day.

[Linked Image]

Me finishing on 13.36 seconds racing against Aide in his new shape impreza with aide finishing on 14.19 seconds.

[Linked Image]
That's one fu*king mint picture! thumbsup

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scooby Re: Review: Ultimate Street Car : 6th August 2005 - 7th Aug 2005 12:21pm
Early start departing at 7:00am, quick journey down there with a brief stop for the full english (As Always) ariving there straight into a great atmosphere.

Met a Few CW members on our travels, John, Evo 7 Babe, Kinky, Dikky and others. Trade trands gallore and loads of models strutting there stuff.

The quality of cars was amazing from a robin reliant running a Hyabusa engine to a Hummer on 26" chromes and 2.5 Tonnes of ICE installed in it. Too many to mention by far but USC exceeded my expectations with the quality of cars and atmosphere around the strip. Jet car running a 5.9 Second run @ 266 MPH omg

I have made a small video of my three runs on the strip. You can see on the last run i checked my nitrous on the line only to discover i had none left raftl

Click here to Watch the Video..............

Mav ran in the 15's and good runs also for a FWD car.

Cheers guys for making the effort and making the day what it was.....
Posted By: Meesh Re: Review: Ultimate Street Car : 6th August 2005 - 7th Aug 2005 12:30pm
Goin by that picture and the video, looks like Scooby was almost up on his back wheels eek

Sounds like you guys n girls had a great day

I'm awaiting the "I told you so" speech sometime soon see'in as it seems this wasnt a repeat of the Nationals raftl
smack
Posted By: Paul R Re: Review: Ultimate Street Car : 6th August 2005 - 7th Aug 2005 12:46pm
Originally posted by Meesh:
Goin by that picture and the video, looks like Scooby was almost up on his back wheels eek
raftl

Wish i went now frown
Posted By: sjvwc Re: Review: Ultimate Street Car : 6th August 2005 - 7th Aug 2005 7:02pm
looks like you had a good day there and some good time on the track also happy
I had a really great day. Was just like last year, deffo one to go to again next year. Had fun in the mini convoy, on the way to U.S.C. At one point we where driving at a speed the the honda could not get to. Stopped for breaky about a hour from U.S.C. got ther about 10.30ish. Great fun watch people go down the track, even better is having ago yourself. Would be great to see my run, if it is on video.

I only did 2 runs out of the 3. First was spot on, but made a bit a slip up on the second and had to abandon the last due to lack of petrol.

All in all a top days out, great for and weather was not to bad, the only bad thing for the dat was the being stuff in a traffic jam on the way home, took about an hour longer to get home
looks like it was a good one, well done scobby you glad u never sold your car to me now, you would be gutted watching a video of someone else driving it.

hopefully next year will be able to go.
Posted By: dikky5 Re: Review: Ultimate Street Car : 6th August 2005 - 7th Aug 2005 10:59pm
exellent. luvvd it. weekend had everythin 4 me apart from grip. ran against mav. he got 16.4 me 16.9. nooooo grip 4 me. best run from my 6 16.1sec. l8 15s were possible if i had annother couple o runs.

Originally posted by dikky5:
on road. back from usc i luv her. pretty powerfull just gettin grip was trikky on the track. most runs i were still spinnin in second gear!!!!! doh!!!! lukkd n sounded cool doin a 1/4 mile burnout but werent fast te he.

got better as weekend went on, 17.6sec 1st run (v smoky tires n squeely) then 5 runs later a 16.1 (only spinnin in 1st gear). soooooo much fun cant wait till next year. i want 325 sport gearbox and lsd n racin slicks 2. n tats about that. just so u guys have a comparison a lad i met had a 325 sport which ran 16.3s consistantly and a 1 off 15.9. 3rd gear killd me. its just to far away the ratio to carry any power through. Yipppe
Posted By: Mark Re: Review: Ultimate Street Car : 6th August 2005 - 8th Aug 2005 12:16am
Pictures are now in the Gallery smile Click Me

Cheers to Scooby for the Extra Pics happy

Looks like a Top weekend again.
Gutted i missed it.

Next year is a must yes
Posted By: Scooby Re: Review: Ultimate Street Car : 6th August 2005 - 8th Aug 2005 12:27am
Dicky looking impresive on the Strip, Well done matey.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Click here to watch Dicky on the Strip ......................

I Love watching back on it, brings all the fun memories back happy
well done dikky mate makes me wish i had been able to go even more now
Gutted I was low on funds and working, looks like a boss event, was my fave last year. Well in on the times everyone.
it was a great weekend. ive got the sunburn on my bum to prove it lol! haha ann summers provides good outfit to hand out flyers in! hehe i got in fastcar an redline again!! woohoo. you misseds a good weekend if you didnt go!
well done dikky mav an scoob you did great on the strip!
What was the best time that red civic got on the 1/4 mile, would be interesting to know as i think it has similar power to mine
The civic was not there this year, sold. But last year the best time was 17.7 sec. But was with a bad clutch...
Posted By: Ade Re: Review: Ultimate Street Car : 6th August 2005 - 8th Aug 2005 4:13pm
Was a cool day, weather good in the end. Got beat by Scooby's Scooby! frown His car is proper quick.

I is thinking my sti may need a few mods if i want to stay with him and a diet for me. With the extra weight of the new shape scooby's and me in it, no wondered i got beat! Ace day in all so cool cars and some nasty women on the stands with far too much fake tan! - bad luck Maverick, clutch gone again, but you still had a go.

Shame a few more didn't go down. Got home at 10.30pm soooo tired. Cool day though - cheers to everyone who came down.

Ade
Posted By: Ade Re: Review: Ultimate Street Car : 6th August 2005 - 8th Aug 2005 4:15pm
Oh - cost me £90 in fuel to get there and back !!!!!!!!!!! 2 tank fulls for f*** sake

How much it cost you Scooby?
£10
£20
£30
£40
£50
£60
£70
£80
£90 + £5.00 Octane Booster + £40 Nitrous thumbsdown

Looks like Me and Aide got off lightly.

If you remember i blew an engine last year at USC.
Posted By: scoop Re: Review: Ultimate Street Car : 6th August 2005 - 8th Aug 2005 8:36pm
So subaru-the kings of the rally world make a high performace engine that cant even handle a slight bit of tweakage without breaking.
£85 for me in the fat german guzzler
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Review: Ultimate Street Car : 6th August 2005 - 9th Aug 2005 12:06am
Was a great weekend!!! Had loads of fun. Got in Fastcar and Redline yay!
I suppose you get what you pay for?

Seems as though Scoobys are bought for performance and are modified at the expense of reliability.

Honda are, apparently, the most profitable car manufacturers in the world, but i suppose if everyone owned the same car, the world would be a boring place?
Originally posted by scoop2004:
So subaru-the kings of the rally world make a high performace engine that cant even handle a slight bit of tweakage without breaking.
Bear in mind, world rally cars are limited, and only run about 300bhp - not much above what a std WRX runs and dont have to put much strain on the engine to make that power. To get the cars as fast as they are, they are stripped, have straight cut gearboxes, really tiny turbos to get rid of lag and due to turbo restrictors, cant run high levels of boost which doesnt put strain on the con rods and the pistons which is what Ive heard a lot of Imprezas fail with frown
I went through about £60 in petrol. Clutch seemed a bit funny on the day, but seems to be running fine now, Will have to see how it goes. Was a top and defo going next year...
Was a good but long day.
Early start at 6am & didn't get home 'til 11.15pm due to traffic jam on the motorway.
Small but fun convoy with Scooby poppin a few flames on the way there.
Saw some great cars. The racin was cool.
well done to Scooby,Ade,Maverick & Dikky5 for gettin on the track with some good times & experience.
Lookin forward to next year.
Thanks CW smile
please avoid post drifting in this topic as it is a cruise review topic for USC

why not start a new topic in cars chit chat if you would like to chat about the reliability of cars etc.

if you would like to find out more about post drifting then click here

none relevant posts will be deleted happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral