Forums
Posted By: Scoobys b*tch Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 26th May 2005 11:33pm
[Linked Image]

Modified Nationals 2005 Review
===================================

458 Pictures Are Now in the Gallery Click Me

===================================

so guys & gals how did it go? was it the the best weekend of your life? we want to know all about the Modified Nationals. all the laughs, all the great experiences, prizes that were won, mad things that anyone bought, what did you all get upto?

come on peeps tell everyone what a great time everyone had at the Modified Nationals 2005!

[Linked Image]

• how sweet did the cruisewirral convoy look?
  • who took part in the 0-60 sprint strip and 1/8th mile challenge?
  • did anyone win any prizes or tropheys?
  • which ice installs entered the mega sound off?

[Linked Image]
  • how did the Fastcarz lite and style and the flamer competition go?

[img]http://www.cruisewirral.com/gallery...cruisewirral-modified-nationals-2004-150[/img]
  • how many gorgeous babes did you get your photo taken with?
  • who entered their babys into the show and shine?

[Linked Image]
  • tell us all about the dance tents
  • did any of the cruisewirral girls enter the miss modified nationals UK 2005 competition?

[Linked Image]
  • did you all enjoy webbys special sauces?
  • who is now bankrupt from spending too much money in the trade stands?
  • which cars stood out the most?

[img]http://www.cruisewirral.com/gallery...cruisewirral-modified-nationals-2004-250[/img]
  • did you all come back with a long list of ideas to do to your cars?
  • what was the clubstand like?
  • who is the most tired

time to rave about the modified nationals 2005 and rub it in for the unfortunate people who couldnt attend. yes

leave your reviews below peeps
Posted By: Scooby Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 28th May 2005 12:14am
Wow Wow Wow.....

I have just come back from the Modified Nationals for my Daughters Holy Communion in the morning. How good is it down there thumbsup

We took a 30 Car Convoy this morning, first to get in and set-up.

This is an awesome event, cannot put it into words right now as i have been up since 4:30 this morning and i am slightly tired to say the least smack

Keep your eyes peeled in this topic for all the banter coming in real soon.

I am travelling back to the Nationals tomorrow afternoon to join in the fun again.
Posted By: lawton Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 28th May 2005 1:47pm
glad everyone is having fun. shame i couldnt get the weekend off work. i bet you are tired jay. have fun
Posted By: Gary Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 29th May 2005 11:08am
i got back lastnight from there, and im shatterd!
loads of sweet cars, some stupidly undrivable but there were still some very nice ones!
i only left early because id rather got back late at night and have today to sort everythin out, rather than sleep there and leave early anyway
on the way home things didnt go to plan, darren an ben will no wot im on about, was fun all the same though!
Posted By: learner Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 29th May 2005 11:45am
hey me n rhys got bk l.nite, then we wanted to cum bk wants we were ere, hehehe
me and tony are sun burnt loads, that will teach us to sleep in the car frown
Loads of really rewally nice cars, ive got an idea wot i want my car like, n hopefully i will be starting wants i have been bk from my hoilday in june smile
tony n rhys didnt realy know where we were going, we just keeped followiung staright roads, but in the end we were the saem place where tony got his 220 so we were ok in the end smile thank god.
Posted By: learner Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 29th May 2005 12:00pm
o ye cheers mark for making are food ll weekend ynmmy yummy, smile
Posted By: tony_220 Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 29th May 2005 2:11pm
yeah we made it home some how! lol! thanx all!
Posted By: tony_220 Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 29th May 2005 3:16pm
alot of the common cars were there! u know corsa's fiesta's and starlets! pmsl! only jokin adam!
Posted By: rover200 2 Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 29th May 2005 3:46pm
i got bk last nite i thought da campin wer shiy bt everyfin else were amazin! tnks 2 mark 4 da food all weekend!! i also really enjoyed da convoy dwn!
Posted By: scoop Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 29th May 2005 4:24pm
Just got back this second. Left with mav and the group but burnt them off the second i realised it was a straight road all the way.
Review:
Convoy there was good. Friday was ace. Saturday was the real car day and there were millions of real nice cars. Flamer show was good but a little bit LAST MINUTE. Under car lighting show i couldnt even find.Last night was a bit of a downer buy hey. Home now with a bit of a tan for me and a lot of burn for O and Sandy. Thanx mark for the gr8 chow. I think we done gr8. All u guys made it what it was. :go:
Posted By: Neon-O Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 29th May 2005 4:46pm
As Scoop said, we just got back now. Not a bad drive and got home in good time.

Review:

Convoy to the nationals seemed really smooth and fun, didnt feel like over 3 hours. Fun started as soon as we got there, cracking open the beers and putting up the tents. First day was great weather, i got pretty burnt but didnt notice til the next day. :go:
Posted By: rach Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 29th May 2005 5:12pm
laugh was really good. had loads of fun, cant wait for next year tease
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 29th May 2005 5:35pm
Got back about an hour and a half ago, trip back went well except for following Vixen 'round the roundabout under the M62 twice lol! Rocco and me made our own mini-convoy once we were on the 62, and despite driving into wind I just about managed to keep to respectable motorway speeds!

Friday was pretty chilled out, drinkin beers and relaxing in the sun once the tents were up, really enjoyed it. Saturday, the cars were amazing, the girls were gorgeous, the weather was very windy! and incredibly hot too. I think most people are at least slightly sunburnt, I got it on my face and neck, I hope it doesn't peel.

Today was cooler, very refreshing after the rest of the weekend. The wind died down too which made it alot easier to take the tents down. How many people went to the fairground? The rides were ace smile

Definately gonna try to make time for this again next year, I really enjoyed it.

My quote of the weekend:
"My mum was a woman once..."
- Sanchez
Posted By: linsy Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 29th May 2005 6:38pm
was an amazin weekend, loads to see. the camping wasn't too impressive but everything else was spot on.
Posted By: dikky5 Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 29th May 2005 6:38pm
was ok 4 the lkittle time i were ther. drive home were more fun. darlington any1
Posted By: c1v1c_stu Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 29th May 2005 6:43pm
any more pics ??????????????????

my pics

click for pics
Posted By: mikebroomy Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 29th May 2005 6:51pm
Originally posted by c1v1c_stu:

my pics

click for pics
Pics will be in the gallery asap along with my full review.

For now tho it was ace.
Posted By: rach Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 29th May 2005 7:18pm
Originally posted by c1v1c_stu:

my pics

click for pics
good pics laugh took me about an hour to look through them all tho hehe
Posted By: djrenegade Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 29th May 2005 8:01pm
Originally posted by scoop2004:
Left with mav and the group but burnt them off the second i realised it was a straight road all the way.
We stopped at a lay by to let everyone catch up and you couldnt pull in time despite dazza trying to let you in.

Was a great weekend.

Got there late friday night due to Dazza working late, arrived about 11:30pm and had some trouble at the gate as they had stopped letting people in for the night, and told us to camp down the road and come back in the morning, but with thanks to Mark and the organisers daughter wink we got in nicely.

Set up camp and got straight in with the banter and mark's "late night club".

Saturday was windy at first and was great to see the club stand getting constructed. Looked great. Shame we didnt have jay's rangey in there.

All the cars there were amazin and the girls were gorgeous, and was nice to see a few old friends :-)

The o-60 strip was great and the yellow skyline was amazin at 3.6 seconds, the flamer show was also very cool and I missed the light show but then evening a few of us went to the Ministry Of Sound Building for a party and that was very impressive, what a night.

Sunday: Was very hot, 2 or 3 cars on the club stand, and a few people spent alot of money on the trade stands. But the convoy home?? Uh Oh!! We all left at 1pm leaded by Mav, slowly fell apart when a group of us left mav's convoy by taking a wrong turning and ending up near newcastle (thanks dikky) lol and then when we caught up with them at a service station, they all left while Dazza was filling up so we caught up and then some how a few of us went straight past and after a while, we were ahead on our own, and again, took a wrong turning.

But after all that, we were still the first people to birkenhead, and heard that mav's group ended up near the lake district and are still on the way back as I type.

But all in all, great weekend, thanks to Mark for the food and the entertainment with the questions for Miss Bacardi 2005, thanks to everyone else who went for making it a great atmosphere and cant wait for USC.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 29th May 2005 9:35pm
I thought it was ok like.

Lots of cars there, i personally prefered some of the ones in the club stands to the show ones, some of the show ones just looked tacky. seen some really mint cars though, 3 door sierra cossie, white turbo'd civic coupe very subtley styled, 106 which had power caps in the ass part of the passanger site, would be good if i had pictures because they were really mint!

little bit sun burnt, done about 110miles more than i should of thanks to someones great directions raftl but wasn't that bad over all...
Posted By: Gary Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 29th May 2005 10:41pm
forgot to say earlier thanks to everyone who organised it! much appreciated
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 29th May 2005 11:31pm
Just thought Id come on and say it was good to see you guys!!

Bye for now!

Laura x
Posted By: linsy Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 29th May 2005 11:43pm
funniest was dancin wiv broomy lol, u crack me up hun. dnt know how we managed 2 get home wivout gettin lost. bucket seats rnt the nicest of things 2 sit on for 3 hours lol
Posted By: Scooby Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 30th May 2005 2:07am
Flamer Competition, Modified Nationals 2005
Sponsored By Fastcarz.com

Flamer Show Winner :

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

2nd Place :

[Linked Image]

3rd Place :

[Linked Image]

And our Very Own Go Go Gadget competing :

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You had to see that Sierra Flaming to appreciate just how big and hot the flames really were....
Posted By: Mark Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 30th May 2005 10:27am
What a weekend lol...

Friday the funniest camping for a while lol
Saturday - Shinning Cars Everywhere
Sunday - More great cars.

It was a great weekend from start to finish,
from the 30 car convoy, to saying good bye to the nationals.

Will write more in the week as i catch up,
waiting for pics to come in from members
which will make up a fantastic Gallery.
Ive seen a seek preview and you wont be
dissapointed.

Some classic funny moments from start to finish,
which made it a great weekend.

Catch u later peeps...

p.s. Happy Birthday Sanchez over the weekend.
Posted By: Daz VTS Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 30th May 2005 10:45am
It was a good weekend, Loads of nice cars, LOADS of REALLY nice rovers and MG's there (tony 220 knows the ones), thanks to everyone who organised it, cheers!!,Happy 25th TWENTY FIFTH!!! birthday to Andy for over the weekend too, and thanks to Ben and Gary for the interesting drive home. I think that was the funnies part of the weekend, Gary ur face was a picture when we were talkin to the bloke in the garage. cheers everyone!!
Posted By: net Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 30th May 2005 11:35am
Originally posted by djrenegade:

But after all that, we were still the first people to birkenhead, and heard that mav's group ended up near the lake district and are still on the way back as I type.

[/QB]
ade i was home in bed by the time you were typing this raftl
we got back about 630pm an me an kim an sted had the best laugh ever in liverpool kim was beepin to the music sted had a race with a 85 year old woman AND SHE WON.

had a good weekend. im very very burnt.
the cars were great an the banter was fab the boys loved the girls an there was a lot off fit lads too (we all know which one raftl )
anyways ill probably think off some other things to post up l8r on

thanx for a weekend i wont forget.
xxx net
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 30th May 2005 12:30pm
Had a fun weekend.

There was a fair there and I got bruised! All good fun!

Saw Evo 7 Babe there looking very good! smile Happy for you hun! Few of us members got her on the cars for a few quick pics before we left! laugh

Broomy you are a right laugh as linsy said! smile You and your dark cruisers/cruisewirral reuniting hat! raftl - again ALL GOOD BANTER!

Weather on Saturday let us down a lot with it being very windy, but the atmosphere there from other people and their stands was great.
Posted By: Dazza Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 30th May 2005 2:43pm
What a weekend!
Well where do i start?
Great thanx to all Admin/Mods you all where a vital part in its success. Think we can all safley say that we have grown closer together because of it - So whos up for Ultimate Street Car (USC)!

Had a strange friday, i was in work 11:30am - 8 so i couldnt exactly concentract in work with the excitement, then i got annoyed with the Fiesta SI so 5mins later i had sold it tease

Left at 9pm with djreneg after lastminute mods/packing and it was an ok journey, drove threw the moors and i could not see a thing threw all the fog. Arrived at Nationals at 11:40 to be told were being refused access till 9:30am so i was annoyed to say the least! Spoke to Webmaster and he sorted things with the organisers daughter and we were allowed in, then had to build my tent in the dark @ like midnight! I became part of the latenighters club and had such a laugh with webmaster and his stories and the input from other members. Only had 2hrs sleep before i had to wake up at 7am!

Moved are cars onto the showstand saturday morning and had a wonder around, such nice cars like a MINT 3dr series 1 sierra cossie and a sweet orange evil ka! On the friday nite i was told there was 13thousand people here and i can well believe it! Good on ya to those that did the 0 - 60 and 1/8th mile hope you post your results up and what about the competition, my personal favorite was the sierra cossie that struggled to fight the backend fishtailing all over the show!

The cars @ the show where truley amazing to say the least and so many new ideas!

Big thanx to Evo7babe who model'd on my car wink

Convoy home was cool, even if it did take ages we had a laugh! Meesh what is the difference between overtaking and undertaking anyway tease

All in was an amazing event and really glad i went!

Just awaiting the piccies now
Posted By: Meesh Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 30th May 2005 8:05pm
Just sorting my pics now after leaving my camera in Scooby's pimp mobile smack lol

Awesome weekend! so sunburnt and tired!

Apologies to everyone for not being in the best of modds, was sufereing VERY badly from sun stroke and exhaustion frown

anyways, onto my report...

Friday, started for me at the stroke of midnight, after the meet on the Thursday I toddled off to Bidston Tesco's for some last minute things and to fill up with petrol.
Got back to Gadget's around 1ish, fell asleep about 2am.
Back up at 4:30am to get some coffee and get myself ready to go
When we arrived at the convoy point it hit me just how many of us where going!

Convoy left dead on 6am with a couple of stragglers who dont do mornings (Aggy & Mister Adam) catching us up en-route
Considering it was a Friday morning the motorways were pretty quiet
We stopped off at a services, with Scooby leading half the convoy into the HGV car parck smack
We all got into the same place eventually to find Lazy Ben had been involved in a scary moment with his car suddenly being aroused by the cones on the motorway!
A check over his car and a cooked brekkie later, we headed off on the 2nd part of the journey

Arrived at the Nationals around 10am to find just 2 cars at the gates and the gates not even being open yet!
Had about a 20 minute wait while the staff ran around getting things sorted then we were allowed in.
All the excitment got to me and I went and had a little play on the grassed camping area...it was too big and empty to be left alone! lol

We all parked up and proceeded to put up our tents and make ourselves at home...and I started on me beer laugh

The day was sooo hot! managed to get sunburn on that day whilst having a laugh with everyone, playing footy and watching the gorgeous cars turning up

Friday night saw the opening of the fair, me, Aggy, Vixen and a few others (sorry, cant remember the rest lol) had a go on the walsters and the bumper cars (they were awesome! ).
It also saw the late arrival of Dazza (part timer) and DJRenegade (another part timer) as they arrived after the gates were closed his car was left in "quarantine"(sp) and he had to put up his tent in the dark. Serves himself right for not prioritising us before work tease
The night continued as me, Webby, Aggy, Tony220, Vixen, Dazza, DJRenegade and Miss Bacardi 2005 (sorry cant remember ya name) formed the late night club and managed to reek havok lol
Ended up with about half an hours kip frown

Saturday morning started at 6ish. I was sore, still drunk and suffereing the first effects of sun stroke, but hauled myself up, opened a can of beer and drove my car over to the show stand laugh
Once all the cars were there it looked spot on! Aggy, Gadget and Civic Pete taking center stage, one of my pics show this site, looked great guys!
I headed back to the camping area for me brekkie (a burga) then went for a walk round the club and show stands
The standard of cars was out of this world, it was just so unfortunate that the wind was so strong that day, people kept having to clean their cars every hour!
Saturday was brought to a close with the flamer show and car lighting show which were brilliant!
The Sierra winning the flamer show was out of this world, the flames were so big! no1 else stood a chance lol
The car lighting was won by last years winner, and it deserved it in my eyes, 2nd was an unreal 106 with 4 15" subs in the back all lit up and 3 12" subs in the boot lit up, also with a laser making patterns in the car and out of it! 3rd was an Alfa Romeo which was gorgeous, all the curves were subtly lit up with small white cathodes. Really set the car off nicely

Sunday was the day it all caught up on everyone I think, we started packing the cars with our stuff around 8ish, had bacon butties curtesy of chef Webby and a few put their cars on the show stand again, I put my car down the 1/8 mile strip then put me car back on the stand.
Left the Nationals around 1pm, and oh my what a convoy home!!
First off we had to stop at a services to wait for Dikky5, Mister Adam, Broomy and Dazza who missed a turn off and were heading towards Sunderland!
We re-grouped and re-started, as the journey dragged on I got bored and had a little bit of banter with Dazza as we formed our very own "Extreme Overtaking Club"
Me, Dazza and Vixen then went off ahead to get home quicker than the rest, missed a turn but only took about 20mins longer as we turned round and got back on track
Pulled into Birkenhead around 5:30ish, rang to see where the rest where, Broomy, Jimbo, Rocco and Scoop where home......Maverick, Mister Adam, Scooby's B*tch, Aggy and Sted where, however, far from home...the Lake District to be more exact! lol
bless them, good to hear everyone got home ok in the end though, I returned to me house to get a nice long relaxing hot bath then went to bed....but forgot I'd left everything in my car to sort out today(monday)
So I used some towells as pillows as I couldn't be bothered goin back out to me car lol

I've still got me wrist band on and the number on me rear window from the 1/8 mile strip laugh still living the spirit of the show!

Although overall the weather got people on a downer, I still think this was a top weekend and wanna be back there when I think about it!

Cant wait to catch up with everyone at the next meet to catch anything I missed

Big thanks to everyone who went! it wouldnt have been such a great weekend without you guys!
And not forgetting Delia aka Webby! Great work for the weekend matey, I know it wasnt so good being stuck behind the BBQ all weekend, but the grub was VERY much appreciated!

Once again, thanks all for a great weekend!
Posted By: scoop Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 30th May 2005 9:49pm
Review of the flamer show---Amazin. The cossie was awesome but they were only puffs of flame. It woulda been mint if they were long streams of flame like the scooby. The scooby ruled and its a shame its gone.
Gadget done really well but u had to be upset to see the firemen stood there thinking 'His 300 pound+ rear bumper is burning itself away, i think its supposed to do that,he wont mind.....Will he????' Twits
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 31st May 2005 12:08am
Was a fantastic weekend, had so much fun, we was camping next to you but never had the courage to come over and say hi, was always to drunk

Saw Meesh and the stand looked great, We were also near you for that lol, Mate's had a go on the 0-60, Dave got 7. something in his alfa GTA, Cav got 8.11 in the pug even though it is ****ed, and Sean didn't even get to 60 on the 3 goes he had, eek

All in all it was a good weekend except for the dust, sunburn and the toilets/showers being flooded, Was so glad to get home and have a shower happy
Posted By: sted Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 31st May 2005 12:44am
all in all it was a good weekend !!!

convoy there was good i decided to hang back a bit with the van so not to get in any trouble!! had one little mass up when i decided to invent a smoke machine lol o well.

got there and all se up the weather was so hot and by the end of the day i went to bed nice an early when was introupted by sanchez lol but asked him nicely to go away lol.

saturday wow some of the cars were amazin went round all the club stands with scoop and took some pics of some very nice cars . then watched the 0-60 and there where some very quick cars and the bike wow brave for wat the surfice was like!!!

sunday all packed up and ready to set off had wat u could say an interesting drive home first we waited for a group who thought they lived in newcastle then after settin off mav sent us off too the lake district lol but once finally back on track (facin the rite way on the motorway) got left behind with scooby's ***** and we had a plesent but eventfull drive though liverpool (that old lady with her v8 i stood no chance lol) but thanks to kim for a nice drive back had fun and thanx to everyone who helped organise this event and for webby for doin the food nice one !!!

miss bacardi 2005 says thanx for everyone for a top weekend !!!
Posted By: vixen Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 31st May 2005 1:22am
hiya guys,

OH MY GOD, WHAT A WKEND!

i ant goin to go through everythin, as i will b here all night.

this was my first big show, and it was a good one. the company was great, the cars where great, and the food was top class, (thanks mark for everythin).

i got to know few ppl i didnt really know b4, so that was good.

the convoy down there just seemed to pass so quick must have been the excitement! but it was very well done, to keep 30 cars together.

the show was just top class, the cars were really nice, so much to look at, and do.

the nights was a laugh,the night time fair and club tents where very good got few bruises from the bumper cars, but whats fun with no pain,lol. and would just like to thank the ppl in the " late night club" for makin it so entertaining.

i would just like to thank all the organisers for makin it a great wkend, and to every1 who went for makin me feel so welcome, thank you, and i look 4ward to the next one.
Posted By: Mark Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 31st May 2005 10:20am
Big Thanks to :-
Gadget – For your BBQ over the weekend and your help.
Moderatos :- Well members wouldn’t have had the great
weekend with out your help before and at the Nationals.
Thanks again to you all.

Big thanks to all the members who made it such a great
weekend and coming to the Nationals.

What a great weekend,
Enjoyed it through our trial's with the wind and
the "Late Night Club" lol..

Convoy was great, as we waited to leave at 6am,
cars just kept coming and coming, 30 in total.
Then off we go Aggy and Misteradam catching us up
before we even got to the M56.

Pulled into the services, and ordered Breakfast.
They had a special offer on Breakfasts?
£1.99 all in with coffee too, but it was a great
lifter before the final run to the Modified Nationals 2005.

So we arrive and its all hands on deck as we Set-up the
community area, and thanks everyone that chipped in.
Wasn’t long before the BBQ’s were in full swing,
and hungry faces became happy faces.

Friday Evening was a great night involving lots of Bacardi
and Vodka and a Andy Spiked Drink which contained
some sort of chattin additive?
Which helped being apart of the late night club lol..
There were a few slackers but a little encouragement managed
to keep them with us. Aggy you’re a star for taking all the
Jokes over the weekend, sorry buddy but you were always
just there at the right moment lol..
You had to be there as the jokes and the laghter was great
and made a few more friends and also got to know
everyone that bit better.
The late night club finished up at about 4am but that wasn’t the
end of it? Well we gate crashed Vixen’s Tent as she had loads
of room so Aggy, Dazza, Meesh, My self took over vixens tent,
and continued the banter until at least 5am.
Meesh Departed at some stage due to “wind”?
Aggy was to awake with a Hitler Tash?
No idea how that got there? Thanks for the make up bag vixen,
And eventually we all fell asleep, not for too long,
as it was

Saturday
7am We arise after vixen waking us up after she had come
back from the showers. Only to discover the wind had picked up?
Everyone’s Tents were struggling, and to watch at least 4 or 5
gazeebos’ tumble across the camping area, bouncing off
cars and tents to eventually land somewhere out side the camping
area. There was also a huge Show Tent in the Club Stand area
that had been set up the night before that was to be reduced to
a buckled frame only? And as we were informed it was on hire
at £200 per day. So that should give you an idea how expensive
and how big it was. But while that was going on our Community
tent also was beginning to weaken. All hands on deck at 8am,
we managed to get the covers off just in time. What a killer
the wind is when camping. Poor Ade (Not DJ) must have
re-pegged his tent 10 times on Saturday, just to keep it there.
But that has to be part of the fun with camping, the unexpected.

With Breakfast on the go and everyone hiding behind the van for
cover we got there in the end? Always unsure if the rain would
also start. But by late afternoon the sky’s were clear again and
the wind was still there with hints of it calming down.

Thanks to Gadget and Aceritz for taking control of the club stand,
it looked amazing all our cars shining at the front.
Its just a Shame we couldn’t use the club stand tents and
extra’s we had planned. It looked great and turned a good
few heads as people walked past. Thanks again to our members
who drove down to the nationals and showed off there
pride and joy. Big thanks again to everyone.

Had a quiet moment at the BBQ and went for a walk about to see all the
Stands etc, and as I said we looked good with over 30 cars there.
Plenty of models around and I think Aceritz got everyone of them lol.
They looked great on his camera. Meesh and Maverick also with
Pictures of some awesome cars and gorgeous models.
I thought and I think everyone would agree that the Show n Shine
Building was awesome. That’s where the serious money was spent.
Jaw dropping cars, you will have to wait for the pictures.
Loads of really nice cars out and about in the trade area’s too.
And I’m sure that everyone that was there was thinking “I can do that”.
The Nationals does bring the cream of the cream together.

Almost into Saturday evening now and a few hundred burgers and
hotdogs have gone by. And its time for the Flamer Show.
WOW I don’t think anyone expected the Space Shuttle to be
taking part? I think the only thing that would have beaten it
would have been if it blew up and created an explosion.
Gadget is proud to be the only one out of the group to
require assistance from the fire brigade. Just to put his
back bumper out as it decided to continue flaming.
Have to say well done to those who entered as the
trophies were presented on behalf of fastcarz.co.uk,
that’s us really but it was good to bring the attention
to cruisewirral and fastcarz for the right reasons.

Then straight over to the under car lighting competition.
And another great successful competition by fastcarz.co.uk

On this day also was a bigger event that the world needed
to know? Sanchez happy 25th Birthday 28th May 2005.
At least Aceritz went out of his way to present you with
a birthday present.

1/8 mile strip right next to our camping area too,
I think our members enjoyed the front row seats.
Well done to everyone who entered.

And Finally Sunday..
After Bacon Butties for breakfast we all began to pack up.
And say our goodbye’s to the Nationals for another year.
Members left at different times and also for some reason
took very different routes?

Enter the 1/8th Mile - £5
Enter the Nationals - £35
Return Journey – Priceless.

I drove back on my own being in the van which maxed out
at a stilly 60mph with those head winds.
But I did make one wrong turn being half asleep I suppose,
and it was coming on to the A1?
I didn’t realise for 10miles I was going the wrong way,
until I seen a sign for “London” lol…
But swiftly turned it around, and was home for 3pm.
And I slept for England, 18hr’s straight.
Did I need that catch up I was goosed but it was all
worth it as I did enjoy the weekend.
The laughs and the tears.

Big Thanks to all of our Members and a Big Big
thanks to our Moderators for making the weekend
a great one.

Pictures are being e-mailed over.
Will let you know when we have them all and
the gallery is up and running.
Hope to be sooner than later.
Its well worth waiting for smile

:go: :go:
Posted By: Rocco Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 31st May 2005 11:29am
I think Meesh has summed the whole weekend up for me, I enjoyed every minute - everyone was very friendly and chipped in with all the work that needed to be done.

Convoy there was entertaining to say the least, Lazy Ben's little mishap and Meesh's near miss made it somewhat a memorable one!

I think i speak for a lot of people when i say most of us got "slightly" burned! :go: thumbsup
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 31st May 2005 11:58am
Ha, yeah sorry about the fumes n noise rocco, and the really slow run! That wind was so hard to drive against! Just emailed my pics in, can't wait to see the gallery smile

Just wanted to say thanks to all admin, mods, and members who made it such a great weekend. See ya all soon happy
Posted By: AL Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 31st May 2005 12:35pm
Well I had a fantastic time great convoy down and some spectacular cars at the actual show. Little dissapointed by the lack of trade standards there.

However massive thanks to the rest of the team for their hardwork especially Webmaster sorry
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 31st May 2005 12:37pm
very good weekend..was great to get away from everything and see some very good cars...

possibly a little too much hype surrounded it as it didnt really meet expectations..i think it had a lot do with having to camp away from were the cars would be situated....oh and also sunstroke..

i officially became a sun dried tomato this weekend and im peeling really badly now..

all in all a good laugh but maverick needs better sat nav
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 31st May 2005 3:07pm
good weekend. my car is for sale
Posted By: sted Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 31st May 2005 3:16pm
why is it for sale ??
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 31st May 2005 3:18pm
stop post drifting. it just is. look in for sale
Posted By: scoop Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 31st May 2005 4:50pm
I was slightly dissapointed too agg. I was expecting a lot more things to happen. IE/ Steer from the rear display team or someone similar. More flamers and more organisation really. For instance,"Where the hell was the under car lighting comp held" We walked round for 45 minutes looking for it when i heard it was starting.Still had a good laugh though. Deffo doin it again.
Posted By: Meesh Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 31st May 2005 4:57pm
Originally posted by Rocco:
Meesh's near miss made it somewhat a memorable one!

Dam white van man lol

thing was, it happened again about 30 mins later with a BMW lol they just kept appearing right on me rear bumper as I changed lanes....spooky
Posted By: mikebroomy Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 31st May 2005 6:16pm
Linsy - My moves just got better and better as the night wore on. Nice meetin you again aswell.

Vicky - I did try my hardest to impress sunday morning. P.s like the thong?

What can I say about the nationals, mmmm it was immense and I had such a good time with everyone, huge thank you to everyone for coming and being great people. And a huge congrats to all the drivers, your cars were lookin fab. Also mods/admin thanks for all the organising and preping and hard work that's gone in to make this a sucess.

Starting from the beginning which was probably the worse bit cos it was god damm 6 in the mornin, but a very classy convoy there. Not really much messin around or near misses etc. Lovely brekky and off we went.

Arrived to locked gates but scooby soon got them open and in we went to take our pick for camping, we pitched up at the far end right next to the 0-60 strip and east access to everywhere. Top teamwork setting up with mods/admin doing the community tent and barbecue etc and everyone else getting the tents up top teamwork if you asl me. Very tiringh and hard work tho as the tempertures soared and everyone was getting burnt, some worse than others. Had a brief kick around with some of the boys too, nice 1 too devo for bringin the ball.Friday was all about the set up, eating, prepping and cleaning cars and drinking off corse. Went looking round the site aswell and went to the fairground for a few cheap thrills(no pun intended). Back to base and the banter, jokes fun etc started. Funniest bit had to be when there was a rather large barbecue fire just behind us and within 2 minutes there was a fire engine, ambulance and about 4 security vehicles, bit over dramatic but had me in fits of laughter. Also got a visit from rach and danni on friday night which was nice, nice to meet you girls.

Saturday morning was a nice early start, too early for me so i decided to threaten mike with his life lmao. Again the sun was blazing but it was onto setting the cars up on our show stand, top job done by aceritz there. Looked fab, bit of a everything day to be fair, went round the stands looking at gear, had a good look at all the sexy females and also walked a million miles rounfd the thousands and thousands off fabulas cars. Can't belive some off them just stunning , too many nice 1's to even mention the best. More food and banter back at base before it was time for the flamer comp that went ahead even after it was cancelled for health and safety reasons, wow what a winner as you can see from the pics it was a deserved and fab winner, not a bad little show put on too by gadget.

Onto the lighting show then. Well what a great show and i'm just glad i never had to judge it was fierce competition there wait till you see the pics and video's, but a worthy winner in the end who also won the competition last year. Think the competition ran for about 2 hours and into me drinkin time bnut not too worry.

Spent saturday night from the naughty tent and then the big tunes club dancin away wit richie, ade, danielle and briefly sted. Oh and had a wee boogie and chat with lovely linsy. Was great and also great to get to kno danielle top lass. Also had a bit off banter with a dude 'on pills but dont tell anyone' hartlepool guy who's had 200 fights and never lost lmao and also some banter with a few from **. Who kindly gave me some waterbombs. Backto base to briefly catch a few just going to bed and then a wee bit off fun with danielle and sted then bed to wake up mike and net, ha ha sorry.

Sunday was a weird day people were all leaving at different times but i stayed with the last lot. I was in such a good mood and hypo I was wearing my thong over my jeans all day, great sight! more walking round and packing and then it was home time sadly. So off we went sadly for the drive home. Had mav's camera at the ready too take some convoy naps but soon ended up following dikky too newcastle lol. Anyway I got our group back on track meeting everyone else in the service station. So then it was on too the race home, I took some pictures and then decided to give it some. Only to the slow down and wait for the rest, after half an hour at 50-60 mph i rang mav only to find out they'd took a wrong turning and were on there way to the lakes oops. Headed home and the rest is zzzzzzz.

Biggest thank you too Webby as he just cooked and cooked all weekend, top marks and great food. Netty thanks for the hospitality. Mav thanks for all the hard work you put in mate, you never stop and for the takin the lead on the way home.

Can't thank admin and moods enough for organising and all there hard work. But members you all deserve a pat on the back as you all done cruisewirral proud.

It was nice too meet some new people and was also nice to get to kno a few people better.

I'm pretty sure i've forgot lods so look out for more random posts.

:go: :go:

P.s. Thanks mr sun for burning mt head!

The end...........
Posted By: mikebroomy Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 31st May 2005 6:27pm
How could I forget aswell evo modelling, well in to you chick. Nice to catch up and yo looked fab. Was funny when you was drunk saturday night tho lol. Thanks for coming over on the sunday and makin a few of our lads happy too.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 31st May 2005 6:36pm
Originally posted by mikebroomy:

Saturday morning was a nice early start, too early for me so i decided to threaten mike with his life lmao

had a good look at all the sexy females

Also had a bit off banter with a dude 'on pills but dont tell anyone' hartlepool guy who's had 200 fights and never lost lmao

and also some banter with a few from **. Who kindly gave me some waterbombs

I was in such a good mood and hypo I was wearing my thong over my jeans all day, great sight!
Broomy thats gotta be the funniest review i've ever read raftl you were hilarious all weekend mate, could hear you every time you decided to play with yourself thanks to your horse thong raftl raftl
Posted By: mikebroomy Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 31st May 2005 6:45pm
I was slightly dissapointed too agg. I was expecting a lot more things to happen. IE/ Steer from the rear display team or someone similar. More flamers and more organisation really. For instance,"Where the hell was the under car lighting comp held" We walked round for 45 minutes looking for it when i heard it was starting.Still had a good laugh though. Deffo doin it again.
There is more off the display team and comps at the usc event, the nationals is pretty much about the show and shine me thinks judging by this weekend. Also the under car lighting comp was actually really well ran and great competition matey, it was situated right by the club. Shoulda rang someone to tell you were it was matey. cool
Posted By: Mark Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 1st Jun 2005 11:34am
Gallery Pictures should be up at the weekend?
I have loads more pictures to come in,
so bare with us.

Maveric Cheers Fella
Jimbo 4x4 Cheers Fella

If you would like to contribute to our
Modified Nationals Gallery 2005
please forward them to [email protected]

Thanks everyone smile
Posted By: rach Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 1st Jun 2005 3:07pm
. . . . Also got a visit from rach and danni on friday night which was nice, nice to meet you girls.
. . . . .
laugh hehe was a lil bit drunk but its all good tease
was good to meet you even tho i was a bit shy laugh xxx
Posted By: maverick Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 1st Jun 2005 9:39pm
I thought this was good event, not as good as last year thou. But we did have the best of everything last year so we where a bit spoilt. Still would go there next year, but maybe only for 2 days not the 3.

Well the weekend started at 6am, that was the time of the start of the convoy. The convoy was good, just one small event as we got the breahfast stop. Not much damage, so we had breakfast and then on to the nationals, we got there about 10am, just to find that they wherenot letting people in till 12. As we turned up with a group of about 30 cars, they let us in. We got to the camping area, the weather was great, nice and sunny just right for setting up the tents anf haviing some dinner thanks to Webby. We finished setting up the camp area and had a walk round then we selted in for night, drinking, food and fun.

On the saturday we woke-up to find high winds, we had breakfast then had to put the show tents down and the group tent bacause of the wind. Was not to bad, then off to set up the show area and have a walk around the show areas and the stalls. Taking pictures and buying things. After dinner the 0 to 60 was setup just by our camp area, so some of us watch this event going on. Some very nice times coming of the track, some of our members went on with some good times. I had another walk around the show area and stalls, seeing some great car and some nice females. I went back to the camp area for tea, just after the flame show started, it was cancelled due to the high winds, but went on anyway. Was good to watch, found out the scooby was judging the comp. Not long after the undercar lighting comp started which scooby was judging to. Some really nice cars and the work on the cars was well done. Calibra was the winner, what a very nice car. Back to the camp for some for and drink and some banter, then started to pack up some of the stuff ready for the morning.

Sunday morning got up about 7am, to find webby had started breakfast. Finished breakfast and then we packed up the rest of the camp sight. Off some people went, some of us stayed and a last work round of the stall and to look at the cars, we then left in a convoy home were after a bit of a detour, lol. we got home about 6.45pm. All in all a good weekend, with some really top cars and some good events, As I said would still like to go next year.
Posted By: Mark Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 2nd Jun 2005 10:17am
Scoop's Pictures Recieved With Thanks
Scooby's Pictures Recieved with Thanks

To go with

Maverick's and Jimbo 4x4

Should be getting more tonight. smile (On Disc).
Posted By: Meesh Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 2nd Jun 2005 3:43pm
Originally posted by WebMaster:

Should be getting more tonight. smile (On Disc).
May have to just bring the camera and lead round mate, gotta stay behind for a little bit in work so it'll be a rush later lol
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 3rd Jun 2005 10:38am
Decent weekend, and at least the weather was dry - maybe a little warm on the Friday, and Im still peeling now!

Well chuffed with the 0-60 run I did, 11th over all on the Saturday (Not bad considering I was in the 4x4 class) and I think the time would have placed me 12th overall on the Sunday too smile

Happy Birthday to Andy on the Saturday

Thanks to webby for his cooking skills

And thanks to everyone else for making the weekend what it was smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 3rd Jun 2005 12:32pm
Im looking at the results table now and i dont really understand it too much

I think i was 4th in my class on the saturday and with sundays times taken into consideration i was 10th smile if this is right then im quite chuffed considering smile

But then again i dont really understand the layout of the tables, like what do the X's mean??
Posted By: Mark Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 4th Jun 2005 12:12pm
Big Thanks once again for images from memebers Camera's.

Scooby
Meesh
Scoop2004
Jimbo4x4
Aceritz

As i'm preparing the main Gallery,
These should keep you going.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mark Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 4th Jun 2005 12:14pm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mark Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 4th Jun 2005 12:16pm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 4th Jun 2005 12:58pm
Why couldn't you of left me to sleep in peace tease Cheers for lending me the hat too John (corsa) it stoped the sun and came in handy for stopping Jay getting a better photo tease
Posted By: Dazza Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 4th Jun 2005 6:36pm
Whooaa look at those dam dangerous dawgs at the end! Meeshs shirt says it all

WESTSIDE!
Posted By: tony_220 Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 4th Jun 2005 6:41pm
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mark Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 5th Jun 2005 12:10pm
<b>458 Pictures Are Now in the Gallery :go: :go:
Posted By: maverick Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 5th Jun 2005 12:58pm
Lots of nice pictures there. Some great pics of some great cars, oh yeah, nice pics of some nice girls.
Posted By: Meesh Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 5th Jun 2005 1:04pm
Awesome pics!

Massive thanks to everyone who contributed their pics

Just gotta find out how to take the date and time off mine smack
Posted By: scoop Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 5th Jun 2005 1:38pm
Good selection there. Whos the person with the crotch close up fetish??? Great gallery guys,and cheers mark for puttin it together so fast. It woulda took me all week to get my 100 pics shrunk,badged and hosted but uve surpassed urself. Top job all
Posted By: Meesh Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 5th Jun 2005 1:40pm
Good selection there. Whos the person with the crotch close up fetish???
lmao They're Chris'
Posted By: Meesh Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 5th Jun 2005 1:43pm
Originally posted by WebMaster:

[Linked Image]
Strange thing is...I dont remember that picture being taken! confused
Posted By: Scooby Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 5th Jun 2005 2:14pm
It was taken at the undercar lighting competition on the sat night smack
Posted By: aceritz Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 5th Jun 2005 3:53pm
Originally posted by Meesh:
[b] Good selection there. Whos the person with the crotch close up fetish???
lmao They're Chris' [/b]
its a known problem, me and my GP are sorting this out as we speak, regular therapy, usualy looking the back of magazines for helplines he he he

quality pictures people and wot a great weekend, my damn skin cant take much sunlight, so i burn like a crisp instantly, so i was dead over the weekend, just really sorry i didnt have a chance to walk around the show stands
Posted By: Meesh Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 5th Jun 2005 4:36pm
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Scooby:
<strong> It was taken at the undercar lighting competition on the sat night sorry lol
Posted By: saz2004 Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 8th Jun 2005 2:50pm
was a great weekend! thanx 2 webby and scooby 4 makin it as good as it was! some sweet cars there, got aloads of photos and videos on my phone! cant wait 4 the next big event!
cheers 2 stuy for lettin me go in his car!
i dont think u remember much from that weekend meesh not just that pic! lol!
and gary.....where have ya been! where ya goin! lol!

was great 2 c everyone again and had a good cathc up with all the girlies especially vicky and coryn!

thanx everyone!! xx
Posted By: mikebroomy Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 8th Jun 2005 8:49pm
Top pics and well in too the camera guys.
Posted By: Meesh Re: Review: Modified Nationals 2005 - 8th Jun 2005 8:56pm
Originally posted by saz2004:
was a great weekend! thanx 2 webby and scooby 4 makin it as good as it was!
*cough* there were other people there too *cough*
© Wirral-Wikiwirral