Forums
Posted By: Mark Review: sunday 1st may 2005 Charity Car Wash. - 1st May 2005 5:24pm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Cruisewirral charity car wash sunday 1st may 2005 Review.

Pictures are now in the gallery thumbsup Click Me
top wash guys. will be usin the all american from now on tho. sorry too many streaks. te he only kiddin claire house will b very gr8full an tats what its all about. may b next 1 ill get off my skinny idle ass to help!!

u shud all b proud
Well proud mate, and very sore, i must be getting old or somit i tell you.... I am aching all over :go: :go:
thanks for the streaky windows boys an girls! it was well worth it though, im sure claire house will be very grateful for the money! i cant believe we made so much!!

thanks for soakin me jim an jay! just what i needed!
well done everyone ! hopefully we can do another one soon an beat this target of 450!!
Av gota say, i havnt had a laugh like that in ages, it was a great day an i would do it again!!!Well done to everyone that took part, and thank u to Jim for the BBQ afterwards, it was a great night, I think Adam will stay clear of the vodca for a while, he didn't look to good this mornin, lol. Lets hope we done some more events like that!!!
Posted By: Scooby Re: Review: sunday 1st may 2005 Charity Car Wash. - 2nd May 2005 12:55pm
Originally posted by Daz 200:
he didn't look to good this mornin, lol.
think I wont ask how you know what adam looked like this morning, pmsl......

Kinky, you know you loved the "Wet T-Shirt Competition" Me and Jim just helped you with the getting wet bit.

Dont know what happened to Tony MK2 ? He had volenteered to help with this one but never turned up ? Maybe it was the thought off all that hard work raftl
Yeah was a great day, Got there about 12 and went straight in to the washing bit.

I txt a few people telling them to come and get their car washed and was glad to see that they did, got some great feedback from them afterwards too saying their cars looked like they had just left the showroom.

I enjoyed the whole day, and thanks to Jim and his parents for the great BBQ afterwards too. Hopefully will be doing the whole thing again soon.
Posted By: Mark Re: Review: sunday 1st may 2005 Charity Car Wash. - 2nd May 2005 1:26pm
=============================================
Special Thanks to those Taking Part
  • Go Go Gadget
  • Scooby
  • Webmaster
  • Broomy
  • Aceritz
  • Sanchez
  • Maverick
  • Kara
  • Coran
  • Mister Adam
  • Stuy Mac
  • DAD
  • DJ Renagade
  • Groovygod
  • xxkinkyxx
  • Net
  • Meesh
  • Aggy
  • Dazz200
  • Dazza
  • AL
  • Scoop2004
  • Sandy

Members that showed but were unable to stay.
  • Johnwrx
  • Vixen
  • Dikky 5
  • Vicky

If ive missed you off post below and you shall enter the honnors list smile

What an amazing day thumbsup
And what a suprise to find that we have raised £450 for a good days work.
The day went so fast as the flow of cars just kept coming.
It wasnt too long before we were organised and getting the cars through fast and clean.
Did we count the cars that went through?
We tried but were so busy we lost count but it has to be between 100 - 150 but it
sure felt like alot more.
Being old a creaky the old back is suffering today but it wouldnt put me off doing it again.

A Massive Massive Thank you to all that could help.
You did make a diffrence and helped towards that amazing total of £450.

Its the taking part that counts

With us chipping in we have made a big diffrence towards claire house "Sparkling Star Appeal".
They need to raise 2 Million pounds so we have a good few bricks in there now.

Its safe to say that we would really like to do this all again later in the year
and make our contribution even bigger. And if possible members who
couldnt make it may want to get involved with the next one.
I'm personally felling proud of my self for the contribution we can give to claire house,
and im even prouder of our members that turned up on the day. And for there time effort and donations on the day.

Its easy to understand now how every penny counts, as i couldnt believe there was £180 in change from donations.

I'm now hobbeling around like a cripple as my back has given up the ghost.
But should be back to normal in a day or two.
Hope eveyone else isnt too sore.

Summary
A Fantastic day, thanks to all the members that took part, and donated.
Great weather - we all have a little tan.
With out the contributions from
Auto-safe
Northwest Exotic Pets
RMNJ Solicitors
We couldnt have done it as well and raised as much as we did.

Thank you all, again and again...

Webby.
Posted By: Steve Re: Review: sunday 1st may 2005 Charity Car Wash. - 2nd May 2005 2:00pm
Sry I could not be there folks.. I had some unexpected news yesterday that just threw me back a bit so decided to have a chill at home and not do a hell of a lot..

But great work everyone!!! Its such a great feeling when you do something like helping out for charity etc.

GREAT WORK smile

:go:
Originally posted by Scooby:
Dont know what happened to Tony MK2 ? He had volenteered to help with this one but never turned up ? Maybe it was the thought off all that hard work
sorry i didn't make it i wasn't well i was up all night the night before being sick and i didn't want to come whilst i was ill,
it must of been the curry sally made for tea :go: :go:
Posted By: vixen Re: Review: sunday 1st may 2005 Charity Car Wash. - 2nd May 2005 2:28pm
hay guys, well done with the car wash,the result is great, and i am sure claire house will b made up, well done every1 u have all done CW proud.
i am sorry i couldnt stay longer, but i will defo help with the next one.
WELL DONE EVERY1 thumbsup thumbsup
Defo wouldent mind helping witht he next one, anythink for charity !

Any in the pipe-line ?
Posted By: sally Re: Review: sunday 1st may 2005 Charity Car Wash. - 2nd May 2005 2:59pm
Hi, :go: :go:
I would of gone, but i did not know till it was too late. How about throwing some events into emails for people to read and have updates.. When i get a email, i got a text telling me i have one, so then i know to come online and check things.

Alias
sorry i did not make it up need 2 fix me car but i will be at the next 1 wot ever it is has any 1 got any ideas wot it could b
Originally posted by AliasOmega:
I would of gone, but i did not know till it was too late. How about throwing some events into emails for people to read and have updates.. When i get a email, i got a text telling me i have one, so then i know to come online and check things.

Alias
The Cruisewirral Monthly newsletter went out several days early especially to let everyone know about the car wash event happening. Check your profile settings to ensure you are recieving e-mails from Cruisewirral.
Posted By: net Re: Review: sunday 1st may 2005 Charity Car Wash. - 2nd May 2005 6:10pm
yay wot a great day.

we all had a dance to the music, washed lots an lots off cars.

the water fight was fun too

a great big thanx to jim an his parents for a great bbq an letting us all chill in your garden.

got to work at 630am this mornig with everyone laughing at my glowing red face off the sun.

had a greta day an thanx to everyone we have raised £450.00 to ppl who really need it

cant wait for the nxt fun event.
xxxxxxxx
Well what a success story. People enjoyed themselves whilst making money for a great cause, absolutley brilliant. Well done you the people who were there to help out etc, massive respect and thanks.

I was shattered after the event and went ho,e for a wash and a 30 min lie down, went to jim's and since then i've felt sound.

I enjoyed myself washing the cars, something new for me, also enjoyed the banter, watere fights, football, music and the atmosphere which I think made the day easy for most of the people.

Thanks again to everyone, autosafe, rmnj, Northwest Exotic Pets / Log Cabbin, asda, oldershaw school, organisers, washers, spectators lol, customers and gadget and his family for putting on a great after show bbq.
Posted By: Meesh Re: Review: sunday 1st may 2005 Charity Car Wash. - 2nd May 2005 8:21pm
Massive thanks to everyone who helped out and a bigger thanks to everyone who came and got their car washed! without the cars coming through and the donations being made, that awesome final count wouldn't have been acheived!

Thanks to jim for the facial, hair and ear wash happy
Well done all for all the hardwork put in =)
thanks for every ones hard work, time and effort.

it was a good laugh and a great end result for claire house.

thanks to every one who came to mine aswell afterwards made it a great weekend just wish my head didnt hurt in the morning.

great photos again of all our cars cheers meesh for taking them.

thanks to every one
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Review: sunday 1st may 2005 Charity Car Wash. - 3rd May 2005 7:17am
what a day smile

well done to everyone who chipped in and washed the cars an thanks to everyone who brought their cars to get washed smile

cheers to jim for having us all round yet again laugh

i still feel hungover now frown lol
Posted By: Rocco Re: Review: sunday 1st may 2005 Charity Car Wash. - 3rd May 2005 8:46am
Sounds like you all had a wicked weekend - im gutted i couldn't make it i really wanted to turn up and support everyone, unfortunatly i had to work nights, and woke up at 4pm on sunday, and was back in for 6pm!

Sorry guys would have loved to have come down! Will be there for the next one, deffo! See you all soon people! happy
Iam gutted I missed this one. I was in York on sunday getting soaked and muddy! Can't believe it was sunny round here. would have much prefered to stay in Wallasey as it's only 1/2 mile from my house.
Posted By: AL Re: Review: sunday 1st may 2005 Charity Car Wash. - 3rd May 2005 10:32am
Well another top day made up we all raised so much money for such a worthy charity! Big thanks to all the sponsors who supplied cleaning equipment! thumbsup Cheers to Team Chamois was a great laugh!
£450 eek

Top work peeps smile
Posted By: Mark Re: Review: sunday 1st may 2005 Charity Car Wash. - 3rd May 2005 11:38am
We only Charged £2 per car, so in the 6 hours
we done amazing.

Stage 1 - Payment and Wheels Prepped.
Stage 2 - TFR Traffic Film Remover sprayed all over car.
Stage 3 - Sponge Wash loads of bubbles.
Stage 4 - Rinse off
Stage 5 - Personal Touch Chammied to shine.

I want to thank all the ladys for helping on the day too.
If it wasnt for you lady's we coldnt have called it sexy :go: :go:
Posted By: scoop Re: Review: sunday 1st may 2005 Charity Car Wash. - 3rd May 2005 11:38am
We had a great time for the 40 minutes or so we were there. Sandy was gutted she didnt put a T-shirt on LOL. Will have to be done again real soon but dont u DARE come near my wheels with that acid stuff again mark. I have to get them re-conned for the nationals now lol. Cant believe we raised so much money. :go: Wish i cudda went to the BBQ but we had to go home to babysit. Well done all.My car was quite clean hahaha

P.S Stage 1 was painful to my wheels but not my wallet lol
Nice work, thats one hell of an acheivement to be fair.

Just shows what good planning and co operation can acheive.

Well done smile
Posted By: scoop Re: Review: sunday 1st may 2005 Charity Car Wash. - 3rd May 2005 2:33pm
If ive missed you off post below and you shall enter the honnors list

Sandy + Scoop. Came for 40 minutes, washed a few cars while mine came through the queue. And what a queue! hope no1 was in a rush lol
honours list, im confused
looks like i missed a good day!

wel done to everyone who took part!! xx
Posted By: Mark Re: Review: sunday 1st may 2005 Charity Car Wash. - 3rd May 2005 3:39pm
Originally posted by John WRX:
honours list, im confused
If you helped out, donated which you did John and one of the BIG donatioins group
i think its worth you name being on our Honners list.?

You can find it at post 3 or 4 page 1.

Hope that helps,
and a big thanks for your Donatioin. happy

Scoop + Sandy Updated now.
ahhhh i see. Im already on there from what i can see smile
Sorry i couldnt mske it was in work glad WE made so much for a charity i raise moey for cheers guys its a good thing to work for.
wow how brilliant is that £450!!! well done everyone involved that is a brilliant achievement and you should all be beaming with pride.

unfortunatly i couldnt make the charity car wash as i couldnt get the day off work but i was thinking about you guys all day.

the BBQ was great at Jims house afterwards. thank you to gadgets mum and dad for letting us all pile into their house. your parents are cool gadget!

again well done everyone for helping raise money for charity and all the hard work and effort put in by everyone who helped out with the organising and washing of cars. BIG MASSIVE THANK YOU to everyone who helped to raise money for Claire House.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral