Forums
The Williamson Art Gallery & Museum in Birkenhead is hosting a Henry Moore exhibition Art Gallery & Museum. It runs until the 13th April. Born in Yorkshire in 1898, Henry Moore was the contemporary equivalent of the great neoclassical sculptors such as Canova and Thorwaldsen. His monumental bronze public sculptures are famous around the world.

The Williamson is a real hidden gem on the Wirral. Go along and support it. Use it or lose it! It's open Tues-Sun 1000-1700. FREE entry. There's a cafe and shop inside. Also, Oxton Village books will be moving there later this month.

Friends of Williamson Art Gallery & Museum

Attached picture HM GOOD TO GO.png
Ta Touchstone - will drag SWMBO and meself along there, for a spot of culcha! as my buddy calls it...

Always liked Moore's stuff - weird but fascinating...

I want to check out what else has changed in the Williamson as it has been a while.....
Miss M and I visited the Gallery yesterday, it was busier than I expected.

Personally, I did not really understand Moores works, yes they were a bit weird.

I enjoyed the Bidston exhibition- there was a painting of the windmill minus its sails, following a Gale on 12th Jan 1927, ironic after yesterdays gales!!

The students Photography Exhibition in the Cafe is well worth a look see. Very talented young people. smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral