Forums
Posted By: Trearan New Ferry Classic Vehicle Day - 31st Aug 2013 - 21st Aug 2013 10:34pm
New Ferry Residents Association has organised a classic vehicle day in Bebington Road, New Ferry, between 9am and 3pm on Saturday 31st August. Wirral Transport Museum are supplying at least two buses of the type which operated from New Ferry in the 1960s. There will also be a Green Goddess fire engine, three wartime jeeps courtesy of Wirral Military Vehicle Trust, and several classic cars supplied by members of Wirral Classic Car Club and North Cheshire Classic Car Club.

There is plenty of free parking in New Ferry, and public toilets in Woodhead Street car park (behind the Co-op).

The event is being held in support of local charity Stick-n-Step which works with children with cerebral palsy and their families.

Please come along and support us. New Ferry also has some nice cafes for lunch, excellent butchers, great places to have your hair done, and food stores selling some of the most competitively priced goods you will find anywhere.

More details at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/axisas...130814%20-%20Classic%20Vehicle%20Day.htm
Nice to see some of the old vehicles at this event.
Birkenhead Corporation bus 152 was one of the first buses I worked on during my apprenticeship from 1969 onwards at Birkenhead Corporation Transport.
I plan on renewing my acquaintance with Birkenhead museum who owns/stores some of the buses on show today.

Thanks for the heads up on this event Trearan!

Stephen
© Wirral-Wikiwirral