Forums
Posted By: Touchstone Wirral Heritage Open Days 2013 - 12th Aug 2013 8:57pm
Wirral Heritage Open Days are here again from the 7th to the 15th of September. Lots of old buildings opening their doors to the public. Seems like there are a few more events than last year. New ones seem to be Bidston Windmill and Mayer Hall in Bebington among others. Some good walks around places like Port Sunlight, Woodside, Tranmere and New Brighton. There are also a couple of interesting talks at the newly-refurbished Williamson Art Gallery.

A full list can be found here

The national website can be found here
Posted By: inflatablebone Re: Wirral Heritage Open Days 2013 - 13th Aug 2013 7:27am
Went on a few of these last year, highly recommended. One little nugget we visited was The Wallasey Memorial Church (Manor Road , open this year on the 7th Sept). Very Arts & Crafts with a large Della Robbia panel.

Attached picture Wallasey Memorial Church 014.JPG
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Wirral Heritage Open Days 2013 - 13th Aug 2013 8:24am
Looking at the list there,s a few that i am interested in , thanks for putting up.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Wirral Heritage Open Days 2013 - 19th Aug 2013 3:36pm
There is so much to see in Wirral, but this year I have decided to go to Park Hospital, Orphan Drive, Liverpool L6 7UN, which was for orphans of crewmen lost at sea. Thanks Touchstone for the National Link on your posting.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Wirral Heritage Open Days 2013 - 30th Aug 2013 5:27pm
You're welcome, Pax! Paper copies of the Wirral events are available from all local libraries.
Haven't seen any brochures for the Liverpool ones yet, but I imagine it will be a impressive lineup.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Wirral Heritage Open Days 2013 - 30th Aug 2013 7:06pm
Thanks Touchstone. I don't think the Liverpool Brochure will be available in Wirral. I don't know where to get one in Liverpool but will ask at St George's Hall next time I go over.
Posted By: granny Re: Wirral Heritage Open Days 2013 - 30th Aug 2013 10:06pm

Liverpool Heritage Open Days 2013

http://www.heritageopendays.org.uk/directory/laa/liverpool
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Wirral Heritage Open Days 2013 - 30th Aug 2013 10:19pm
I'm thinking of going to these ones

1 hour “Behind the Scenes of Wirral Archives" (be interesting to find out what they have - maps, photos, records?)

Tuesday 10th September
2 pm to 3 pm
and
3 pm to 4 pm

Wirral Christian Centre (hopefully this allows you to go to the top of the tower)

Wednesday 11th, Thursday 12th and Friday 13th September

1 pm to 4 pm
Posted By: lainy Re: Wirral Heritage Open Days 2013 - 31st Aug 2013 8:19am
Anyone got the list for the wirral please.thanks
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Wirral Heritage Open Days 2013 - 31st Aug 2013 8:40am
Paddington street tunnels At Williamson look interesting, its the other site not the main one, off London Road.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Wirral Heritage Open Days 2013 - 31st Aug 2013 12:45pm
http://www.visitwirral.com/whats-on/heritage-open-days
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Wirral Heritage Open Days 2013 - 3rd Sep 2013 9:02pm
Thanks Granny for the Liverpool Link.I went to the Heritage Centre at St Georges Hall today. They had the Liverpool booklets in but they cost £1. Wirral Council has subsidised the Wirral one so they are free.I won't buy one but will check online.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Wirral Heritage Open Days 2013 - 5th Sep 2013 12:04pm
2 places left on the Archives tours 3-4
be quick and phone to book if interested
Just booked mine in the last minute
© Wirral-Wikiwirral