Forums
Posted By: FayePlayer Kite festival - Cancelled - 1st Jun 2013 6:02pm
Does anybody know if the kite festival is happening this year, if so when as i would like to attend? It happened around the 9th of june last year which is next weekend. Couldn't go last year and it was cancelled year before because of bad weather, want to go cause i love flying a kite done it for the first time this year and had a blast. Any info would be grand and thanks in advance
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Kite festival - Cancelled - 1st Jun 2013 6:15pm
http://www.nkg.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2230
Posted By: j_demo Re: Kite festival - Cancelled - 1st Jun 2013 7:09pm
pretty sure it was on last year...

me and my girlfriend went down the dips and there was LOADS of people flying all sorts of kites and there was a little fair thing for kids and food stalls and all sorts, wasn't quite the wirral show unfortunately though
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Kite festival - Cancelled - 1st Jun 2013 7:15pm
FayePlayer just said it was on last year.
Posted By: FayePlayer Re: Kite festival - Cancelled - 1st Jun 2013 8:46pm
thanks for the link chev_chelios, didn't realise it was part of the Wirral festival thought it was a standalone event. Never mind will go down by myself and fly a kite on a windy day, may go down anyway and take a picnic.
Posted By: smiler123 Re: Kite festival - Cancelled - 3rd Jun 2013 10:10am
Info on clicky:-

Wirral Kite Festival.

Postby Dave ยป Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:46 pm
Below is email I received from Dave Holt regards the Wirral festival.
Sad news, the event will be greatly missed this year.

Hello everyone.

I am writing to tell you the sad news that this years Wirral kite festival will not be going ahead. The cancelation has been brought about by the Council having to make cutbacks in their events budget. This could last for the next three years.

I will however be looking at next years festival being funded by sponsorship. I will be calling on local business firms and maybe looking into linking with other events that have shown interest in the past. If any of you know of any corporate businesses that may be interested please do feel free to contact me and let me know.

I would like to thank all of you for the support you have shown in the past and sincerely hope we can all meet up again on "The Dips" very soon.

All the best for this year and I hope to see you all within the coming months.

Regards Dave.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Kite festival - Cancelled - 4th Jun 2013 4:41pm
well this sucks... can't people just arrange a date and go?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral