Forums
Posted By: paxvobiscum The first ever Lord Leverhulme Revival/Opera - 10th May 2012 9:16am
Lord Leverhulme Revival Edwardian Weekend Spectacular

The first ever Lord Leverhulme Revival
Thornton Manor Estate & Gardens

Saturday and Sunday, 9th & 10th June 2012
11.00 am – 5.00pm

Go back to the days of Lord Leverhulme’s Edwardian garden party extravaganzas of
vintage exhibitions, live music, shows, vintage fun fair, Edwardian market, period theatre,
fun for all the family – come in Edwardian dress!

Free Parking

Tickets:
Adults: £10 in advance / £12 on the day
Children: £5 in advance / £6 on the day (applicable to age 15 and younger)
Available from Floral Pavilion
Phone: 0151 666 0000

Thornton Manor House tours at £4 per person – limited tickets

See website www.thorntonmanor.co.uk

Details of Heritage Opera at this venue:
The Marriage of Figaro, Mozart
Tuesday 31st July 2012

Heritage Opera – La Boheme, Puccini
La Boheme, Puccini
Tuesday 30th October 2012

For more information or to book tickets please contact Heritage Opera on: 01785 850 419
or vist www.heritageopera.co.uk

Posted By: granny Re: The first ever Lord Leverhulme Revival/Opera - 10th May 2012 2:00pm
The Edwardian Weekend looks to be good fun Paxvo. Better get raiding the wardrobe.
Hope it's won't be too hot for the 'mink' darling.

Nice of you to share it.
Won't be there as as not free that weekend. I just put on forum things that might interest some members.

Only fur I ever had was an rabbit/leather jacket in the 70's. Did go on a tour once with nightschool,to a mink farm in the Conway Valley. Tried on mink coats, stoles etc but they looked ridiculous.

Think fur is not acceptable now, though the synthetic fur is never as soft or beautiful.
Posted By: granny Re: The first ever Lord Leverhulme Revival/Opera - 9th Jun 2012 10:31pm
This might be somewhat disappointing, with regard to the weather. What a shame. We'd need fur-lined everything I think and be hopeful we wouldn't get shot at.
Although you're right about the furs Paxvo, they look so old fashioned now.
Granny,I really feel sorry for anyone who has organised an event this weekend.

Philosopy in Pubs has a three day event at the Adelphi. It's been very good but it has taken alot of willpower to make me make the effort to go there in this weather.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral